• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Fight night Round 4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 14 2009, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's it CA, the game is bloody unreal

I am going thru legacy again to get to GOAT, this time with Tyson

With Tyson, I am 35 (34)-0-0 on pro, with a few sliders up, as I hit the top10

Put some sliders up, as I don't do all the training games, and when you hit the top10, it gets harder, and with Tyson, it should NOT get hard, so I am giving myself an edge.

So satisfying, when the commentators mention Tysons real life record, and how my legacy is mirroring it

Comments like

"Tyson liks to get a guy early" – look at my KO count
"With Tyson undefeated, I wonder if that plays in the opponent mindset" – look at my record

I don't know if these comments are reflected on my legacy or Tysons real life legacy to the sport, but hey it feels good

Online I bashed KAFTKA, in a little bash n dash last weekend…was a good biff, good fun fighting TRF blood[/b]

Yeah this game is starting to make me want to use the old NBA promo phrase from the early 90's, "I love this game". Great fun. Absolutely robbed a guy online. Had him knocked down early and I'd won the first two rounds, other than one other round though, he'd won all the rest since.

Going into the last round I was desperate, so I landed 3-4 jabs and an uppercut. Something told me, he was going to defend from here on out and win, so I followed up that small combo with a headbutt. That exposed him and I smashed him down to just above the red zone. He started blocking his head and body really well and his health started to just come back a little and I had under 30 seconds left. So I headbutted him again, expecting to get done for it. The ref didn't see somehow and I delivered an uppercut haymaker to put him in the red zone and within a millimetre of the canvas. Then a cheeky little left jab sealed the deal and down he went.

I could see how determined he was to get up and saw him wildly flopping from side to side, to no avail. The 10 count! I win!

Going to the judges scores, I was down by 6 points, lol!

Bumping this. I'm now 5-0-0 online. My first was a unanimous decision, the rest have all been knockouts which have never gone past the fourth round. My rankings going up and I think I'm starting to get to a stage where I'd be a match for Ceejay and AK (if he played on PS3).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jul 15 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
good stuff, it really is a great game, online rocks hard - real hard[/b]

I think the hardest part of this game is the training exercises. It could be the first ***le I get a platinum trophy on.

maaan...im spewin!! i was down to my last 100 bucks...and i was gonna buy this game....but i decided to spend it on some ganja....

AWWW GOD DAAAMIT!!!

Had a great fight tonight. Was supposed to play Woosaah, but he couldn't log into the EA servers, so I fought a guy in the top 100 and beat him. I'm now ranked up there a bit having won 6, lost 0, drawn 0 and 5 knockouts. Maybe if Woosaah gets over his fear (lol) and has a go, it could be 7 and 0. Unless the man brings his A game.

I have no idea why i couldnt get into the ea servers last night, i tried for ages afterwards but no luck :( ill try again today when my gf is out for her massive walk. Is there anything special I have to do to get onto the EA servers? stupid EA :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (woosaah @ Jul 25 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have no idea why i couldnt get into the ea servers last night, i tried for ages afterwards but no luck :( ill try again today when my gf is out for her massive walk. Is there anything special I have to do to get onto the EA servers? stupid EA :([/b]

No idea Woosaah, not sure what step things are going wrong for you. Thought I'd kid about you being scared, lol. Keen to fight anyone whos game though. It's a lot of fun.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jul 25 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I wanna buy this game but the ashes game sounds good.[/b]

There is a slim chance, as impossible as it sounds, that they are both as good as each other.

Didn't have time to read back through this thread, so apologies if it's been up already, but noticed that today's EU Playstation Store update is set to bring some FNR4 donloadable content. The description on this blog suggests that it will be free, and include:

Fight Night Round 4 â€" Downloadable Content 1 (free)
This pack adds the following available for use in-game: sponsored tournaments, a new training gym, new gameplay sliders and a few extra bits of kit.

Personally I'm interested to see what these sliders bring (and new kit is always welcome - especially as it's a free download). I'll grab this after work and let you know what is included if nobody does beforehand...

Latest posts