Firefox no longer opening TRF

Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Hey wasn't sure where to put tech stuff so hope this is ok. I've used Firefox for ages but recently I've been able to get onto the forum main page but nothing else. It simply fails to redirect. Not having this problem with any other site and gone through all the suggestions to get round this that Mozilla provide such as clearing cookies, nothing is working. Currently using Chrome to access the site but using a separate browser for 1 website is a bit tedious. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anything on the forums has changed that may have caused this?

If anyone else is having this problem, posting it in this thread would be appreciated so we can see if this is a problem related to the browser or something to fix on rageranchers end. As many details as you can provide on your hardware/software is often helpful to the tech support as well.

Will let some of the more tech savvy staff know about this.

Last edited:
Using Firefox, and it's ok.

Might want to try using http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

That also sorts out the 99% CPU usage issues that are becoming more common on browsers lately due to apps from FB leeching memory.

Be careful what you select on CCleaner though, if you have pwords that you can't remember but get auto-added.

It's not a Firefox-native issue, since Rich Taff and myself (I tested it just to be safe) can access the forum in Firefox without any issues. There might be a problem with an extension or setting. Please try and reset Firefox to fix this issue.

The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.

To Reset Firefox do the following:

Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.

Let me know.

Hey wasn't sure where to put tech stuff so hope this is ok. I've used Firefox for ages but recently I've been able to get onto the forum main page but nothing else. It simply fails to redirect. Not having this problem with any other site and gone through all the suggestions to get round this that Mozilla provide such as clearing cookies, nothing is working. Currently using Chrome to access the site but using a separate browser for 1 website is a bit tedious. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anything on the forums has changed that may have caused this?

Try accessing the forum using this link, which will give you a list of all the threads created or posted in in the last 24 hours

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/search.php?do=getdaily

I have a bookmark to this URL on my bookmarks tab, called "Last 24" and its the only thing I use to access the forum.