• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

again hb studios have a cash in on the Rugby World Cup game!!! Good on ya HB for fooling the hard working, fans of rugby and changing as little as possible, besides graphics. I can tell you now Rugby Challenge is gonna blow people away, especially this crud!! Im renting this first, so I can get over the fact its 08 with pretty graphics, and if its any different hopefully I will be able to notice, but that trailer doesnt leave me feeling lucky!!!! Shame on HB, you aint gonna get my hard earned cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they can't make the trailer look good what hope is there for the actual game?

Looks very similar to 08. Same animations. Preparing for disappointment.

Its dissapointing to see all the same animations. I would like to have seen some new runs and try dives at the very least. I have seen
all those animations before, and that same lift the leg tackle over and over did not impress.

Having said that, hopefully all the recycled animations means they have had time to spend on gameplay. Honestly, if it plays better than
06/08 and offers me a single player challenge then I will be happy.

But, if it is going to be identical to 08 in HD then I would have expected the same depth (world league etc). rugby 08 looks pretty darn
nice on my pc and it has the All blacks, wallabies and plenty of game modes.

Bring on the demo, then and only then will we know for sure what this game is all about.

RC fanboys are having a field day. For all we know, it might blow RWC away, but in reality we know little of the gameplay mechanics and I wasn't convinced by what was in the leaked video. A game can have all the nice animations and Sonny Bill offloads it wants, but if it lacks in key areas like rucking, forward play, backline movement etc. it's not going to be great to play.
For all we know they could both play fantastically, then again, the could both be poor. Let's wait and see who gets blown away when we can actually play both games.

RC fanboys are having a field day. For all we know, it might blow RWC away, but in reality we know little of the gameplay mechanics and I wasn't convinced by what was in the leaked video. A game can have all the nice animations and Sonny Bill offloads it wants, but if it lacks in key areas like rucking, forward play, backline movement etc. it's not going to be great to play.
For all we know they could both play fantastically, then again, the could both be poor. Let's wait and see who gets blown away when we can actually play both games.

Don't mention those words ... much like Voldermort in Harry Potter ... :lol:

If RWC2011 plays anything like Rugby08 then ill be dissapointed!! Im tired of rugby08, its been done!! Everything in that trailer was rugby08, show me one thing that wasnt!! Setplays looked the same from earlier pics released, and the d-pad defence aswell!! 2years to transfer all animations to ps3/xbox360, then tinker with rucks slightly!! WHAT!!! HB whatelse have you been doing!!

What would happen if RC plays like some of SIDHE's Rugby Challenge games? Will the same people be complaining then or turn a blind eye.

People need to get real, Alistair has been quite honest and open about things and it amazes me that people only now realise that some of the stuff in the trailer was mentioned by Alistair months ago about animations etc.

Gameplay and animations look just like Rugby 08 :\

Looks like it took them 4 years to port 08 to current gen. May still be fun, but I didn't like 08 much. Don't know why it's called 'next-gen'... no wonder there is 'fast' gameplay, all the forwards are as fast as the backs and they get to rucks within a second due to the close nature of all the players.

Looks like it took them 4 years to port 08 to current gen. May still be fun, but I didn't like 08 much. Don't know why it's called 'next-gen'...

Just to point out that they have not been working on this game for '4 years' ... just saying.

Just to point out that they have not been working on this game for '4 years' ... just saying.

I read they took 2 years to develop the base/platform (or something) for the game then 2 years actually creating the game... might be wrong but I remember reading something along those lines. There is just no realistic formations/movement from the Trailer, it's extremely arcade. RC seems a lot more sim than this.

Still buying both and won't judge fully until I've played.

Last edited:
Most of those animations look re-used from Rugby 08. I will still download the demo as the rucking sounds promising and I'm sure it will be fun to play. I can't say I didn't see this coming though.

Inside I feel i little dissapointed after waiting so long for this game plus it only having 20teams, no player creator, nz + austalia not licensed, no club teams and more. I really feel if this game should have little in it it must stand out graphic,gameplay and presentation wise.

What would happen if RC plays like some of SIDHE's Rugby Challenge games? Will the same people be complaining then or turn a blind eye.

People need to get real, Alistair has been quite honest and open about things and it amazes me that people only now realise that some of the stuff in the trailer was mentioned by Alistair months ago about animations etc.

I assume you mean Sidhe's Rugby League games? Having seen RC in action it certainly doesn't look like it will play like any previous Rugby League games but I guess time will tell :). I can understand reusing some animations, but from that trailer I think the only thing that didn't look like Rugby 08 was the lineouts. The kicking animation, shoulder charge animation, running animation and nearly all the tackles look very similar to Rugby 08 and I'm not the only one that thinks this. This went from a maybe, to a probably not for me.

Trust me Rugby Challenge doesnt play anything like the league series!! Dont ask how I know just know that I know!!!!!hehe

Trust me Rugby Challenge doesnt play anything like the league series!! Dont ask how I know just know that I know!!!!!hehe
Enlighten us on how you know this? Kinda gonna need a bit of proof to believe that just yet, a few peope have said from the leaked footage that bits reminded them of the rugby league games

Latest posts