• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

See. Most people who claim they will not buy RWC2011 because of similarities in animations to 08 have forgot one DRASTIC thing - look at the FIFA series. It has been virtually the same since 07. Still fantastic games, regardless of huge amounts of recycled animations. Fair enough, with 12, it is changing due to the new engine it is running on but come on - HB have not had the resources/money to make an fully fleshed out Rugby game! In my own oppinion, I would say this - HB Studios, thank you. I'm glad you guys are making this. Screw the people who don't want it.

If you stick it in 720p and fullscreen it the graphics look much better

Looking at the England players you cann really tell who they are - spotted Moody, Hape, Tindall, Cole and Youngs in there

Oh, so a statement quoted in the trailer itself qualifies as a substantive rating and is also deemed justification to refer to the game as the most overrated ever? Please spare me...Apart from the rose-tinted yesteryear lovers of JLR, were Rugby 06 & 08 not deemed the best renditions of rugby in video game form thus far? If so, and if RWC11 plays like those, then the only quatifiable difference that joe public is personally aware of between RC & RWC11 is the amount of content provided - and that is hardly grounds for the serious amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth that goes on here and def does not justify a "most overrated game ever" tag from our learned new forum member with his 2nd only post!
LOL going all out just because one gay said the game is overrated :LL

If you stick it in 720p and fullscreen it the graphics look much better

Looking at the England players you cann really tell who they are - spotted Moody, Hape, Tindall, Cole and Youngs in there
Except not everyone has TVs that can support 720p :/

See. Most people who claim they will not buy RWC2011 because of similarities in animations to 08 have forgot one DRASTIC thing - look at the FIFA series. It has been virtually the same since 07. Still fantastic games, regardless of huge amounts of recycled animations. Fair enough, with 12, it is changing due to the new engine it is running on but come on - HB have not had the resources/money to make an fully fleshed out Rugby game! In my own oppinion, I would say this - HB Studios, thank you. I'm glad you guys are making this. Screw the people who don't want it.

I understand that HB have had little funding for this, and I respect them for trying to make this game, but fifa 11 is drastically different to fifa 08, you can't say they haven't changed, they don't change much annually but there's little changes and over a long period of time they add up to make very different games.

Except not everyone has TVs that can support 720p :/
All I meant is that the standard view on youtube is a compressed file which takes away from the visuals, if you set it to 720p that's the uncompressed (or at least - least compressed) version so is closer to actual representation
My laptop screen is HD, but the graphics still looked better at 720 than 360

I understand that HB have had little funding for this, and I respect them for trying to make this game, but fifa 11 is drastically different to fifa 08, you can't say they haven't changed, they don't change much annually but there's little changes and over a long period of time they add up to make very different games.
You say that Fifa's little changes from 08 to 11 have made them far to different (and better) games which is fair enough, well my question is why slate HB so much for only doing a few little changes and one big change with the rucking? Tbf we dont even know how much they;ve changed yet since very very few people have played it! Fifa have had 4 games to do those changes, as well as 4 huge budgets, while HB have had 1 game and a far smaller budget. For me this is likely to be the start of those little changes being made year after year to create a superb game.

RC wins easy.

See, I just don't get how people can honestly say this before either game is personally played.

If we're talking about it from a purely graphical standpoint, then RC does indeed "win easy" at this point if you intend to play it with the camera positioned only 5ft from a players face... from the leaked RC gameplay footage and the released RWC2011 gameplay screenshots both ***les are fairly comparable in graphical quality... and its from the actual gameplay cameras that it is most important to do the comparison, that's were 95% of your game time will be! But it certainly isn't an "easy" win for RC if this gameplay camera comparison is carried out.

RC will "wins easy" if you consider the game content as a standalone aspect, there is easily much more content on offer (which I am very glad for). If you took both games and timed how long it would take to play through all the content on offer in each game, it would become clear very early on that RC would take a lot longer and therefore offer greater longevity in this regard.

But IMO it is impossible to take both of these "easy win" scenarios as standalone without considering them alongside the most important and central aspect of any game, the actual gameplay.

We know RWC is going to play like R06 and R08, both good ***les with some flaws. We've been advised that some of these flaws have been corrected, ironed out or the gameplay actually enhanced from the previous ***les. We know this from the detailed gameplay information given by HB Studios themselves (regarding rucking in particular) and also in the words of people from TRF itself that have experienced the gameplay...
RC on the other hand does not have the same historical track record in gameplay as RWC and I've not seen the same depth in detailed gameplay mechanics information released from Sidhe (Mario or otherwise) and we have no-one from TRF that has actually played or experienced the gameplay for themselves.

So when the most important part, the gameplay or information regarding it, of each ***le is directly compared then I believe it actually stacks up in favour of RWC being better.
What good are the better graphics and the extra modes & competitions if you don't like the gameplay and how the game flows? If the game isn't enjoyable, I'm damned if I'm going to invest hours going through the different modes. Gameplay is where longevity is garnered, not from content... if you have good gameplay and then the content then you (hell, all of us actually) are laughing, but gameplay will always carry the more weight if it is a straight decision between the two.

So an easy win for RC if you actually want to enjoy playing rugby on your xbox360 or PS3?... nope, sorry but its impossible to state that and back it up at this point. And that's not denial, that's just fairly using all the information currently available.

(For the record, I do think that RC looks incredibly good on the surface and I am really excited about their depth in game modes, but I'm not going to be blinded by the shiny bits and just hope that the gameplay is up to the standard of the previous rugby ***les we are used to playing)

Last edited:
Agree completely with raziel_eire, very very excited for both games, just feel that people aren't giving RWC2011 a fair chance. Gameplay is what will make or break both games!

You say that Fifa's little changes from 08 to 11 have made them far to different (and better) games which is fair enough, well my question is why slate HB so much for only doing a few little changes and one big change with the rucking? Tbf we dont even know how much they;ve changed yet since very very few people have played it! Fifa have had 4 games to do those changes, as well as 4 huge budgets, while HB have had 1 game and a far smaller budget. For me this is likely to be the start of those little changes being made year after year to create a superb game.

I know that, I'm not slating HB for it either, I'm just saying that JH93 can't use the argument that the fifa games haven't changed at all because the fact of the matter is that they have.

LOL going all out just because one gay said the game is overrated :LL

And as much one guys (I corrected the spelling there for you) input prompted my "going all out" response, so has my (one guy) response got you to "go all out" with the ever intelligent LOL... not so different is it?

So your LOL is as much at yourself as it is at me :LL

Every animation i saw was the same as Rugby 08, Tackles, Try Scoring, Tackle Breaking, Kicking, yes i saw them kicking with the left foot, but i really don't care what foot they're kicking with. Not even game play would change my mind about getting this. I was going to buy both, but oh well, RWC 11 is a "rent" and Rugby Challenge is a definite buy :)

I know that, I'm not slating HB for it either, I'm just saying that JH93 can't use the argument that the fifa games haven't changed at all because the fact of the matter is that they have.

My bad mate! Have they changed that much animations wise though? I know they've changed a fair few gamplay things, remember watching a development video for Fifa11 on how the new passing accuracy works, which looked pretty epic tbf. But the animations arent really that much different? Or at least I cant notice a huge different as to when I play Fifa 08 when compared to playing Fifa 11.

And as much one guys (I corrected the spelling there for you) input prompted my "going all out" response, so has my (one guy) response got you to "go all out" with the ever intelligent LOL... not so different is it?

So your LOL is as much at yourself as it is at me :LL
Wow you sound so smart :L wish I was ever as intelligent as you Mister

raziel its best not to rise to the bait and feed the hungry trolls :)

Graphics goto Sidhe, but I like the tackle animations from the trailer. Still gonna get both :) can't wait to try the demo either :)

Latest posts