• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

of course its gonna look like 08 its made by pretty much the same people on a much smaller budget. but was 08 bad? Fifa is the same every year except for a few changes. i know its been four years but they are dealing with a smaller budget and its their first on next gen. I cant wait to play this! under 2 weeks now.

England have announced there kit though its black
a) That's just their change kit
b) They're having a full press release of the kit next week, which will be the first look of it for the general public - allowing a digital version of it to be released in a trailer for a game a week early would steal the releases thunder ;)

I love how at 0.35 with a England player on the break (Moody) everyone is staring forward as if they were in a 100 meter race.

You guys just trailer'd yourself out of many a sale. This looks POOR. Same *rubbish* diving mechanics? Everyone running after the ball carrier?

Loving the tackles - and before anyone pipes up, they don't look like 08 tackles
Can't wait to play it! :D

Yeah, you're right, they look like Rugby 06 tackles that got recycled into Rugby 08 and then recycled again into Rugby World Cup 2011.

I am just disappointed... There is no other word for this feeling right now, after waiting four years and lurking on this forum since the announced partnership with therugbyforum, I am just disappointed... Thank you for crushing our dreams you cruel cruel people. Just give up your jobs as you aren't very good at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you're right, they look like Rugby 06 tackles that got recycled into Rugby 08 and then recycled again into Rugby World Cup 2011.

I am just disappointed... There is no other word for this feeling right now, after waiting four years and lurking on this forum since the announced partnership with therugbyforum, I am just disappointed... Thank you for crushing our dreams you cruel cruel people. Just give up your jobs as you aren't very good at it.

Bye then.

There is no other word for this feeling right now, after waiting four years and lurking on this forum since the announced partnership with therugbyforum, I am just disappointed...
The announcement came about April 2010
You have to be a member to see this section of the forum
You joined the site June 2011

Something doesn't add up....

The trailer looks awesome. Can't wait to dl the demo. How big will the file be?

Just can't get over the headless chickens LOL. It's just not like rugby at all. RC is far better in that department, forwards are actually slow and take a while to get there... here it seems everyone runs the same speed.

Ok some super internetting overreaction here, but as a voice of reason I'd say this - it's a good thing there's a demo coming.

I believe from what I've heard about the gameplay additions (pick and go,nearest man in ruck,chip kicks etc) that this game will be a leap forward from 08. But in all honesty if it were a war of trailers rc's had more impact.

Ya they had less gameplay and fair dues to Rwc for showing more, but obviously the first thing people are wary of is excessive amounts of 08 showing through. So why show lots of running and diving a la 08 rather than new gameplay elements like a chip over the top that's successfully converted for a try or a pick and go with some fast paced attacking that you couldn't do in 08?

Felt like some very odd choices of gameplay clips that leaves them open to abuse. Tackling bits was cool but all just running along and one handed dives after that?

Gotta give peeps more than that for buzz,didn't someone say you can do swan dives? Why not show that as a new thing for example?

Last edited:
The announcement came about April 2010
You have to be a member to see this section of the forum
You joined the site June 2011

Something doesn't add up....

I used a friends account.

I must admit, I am a bit disappointed with the trailer, compared to Rugby Challenge... However I have played Rugby World Cup and its much better in real life than this trailer is giving it justice for.

I hope you all enjoy the trailer tho :)

I must admit, I am a bit disappointed with the trailer, compared to Rugby Challenge... However I have played Rugby World Cup and its much better in real life than this trailer is giving it justice for.

I hope you all enjoy the trailer tho :)

This may end up in the same bucket as wtf was up with the very first screenshot. These lads seem to make the odd marketing balls up IMHO

Ok some super internetting overreaction here, but as a voice of reason I'd say this - it's a good thing there's a demo coming.

I believe from what I've heard about the gameplay additions (pick and go,nearest man in ruck,chip kicks etc) that this game will be a leap forward from 08. But in all honesty if it were a war of trailers rc's had more impact.

Ya they had less gameplay and fair dues to Rwc for showing more, but obviously the first thing people are wary of is excessive amounts of 08 showing through. So why show lots of running and diving a la 08 rather than new gameplay elements like a chip over the top that's successfully converted for a try or a pick and go with some fast paced attacking that you couldn't do in 08?

Felt like some very odd choices of gameplay clips that leaves them open to abuse. Tackling bits was cool but all just running along and one handed dives after that?

Gotta give peeps more than that for buzz,didn't someone say you can do swan dives? Why not show that as a new thing for example?

+1

People are very quick to say "That's cr@p. rugby 08 all over again." I've been playing rugby 08 again recently and it is a cracking game. I'm confident this will be a step forward. Are people really surprised that it's reminiscent of 08?
Better to take rugby 08 and focus on improving gameplay, rather than keeping the exact same gameplay and applying some fresh animations. I'm going to reserve judgement on whether this is "08 all over again" until I get my hands on the demo.
That said, the animtions do look smoother than 08.

The screenshots that came out first were rubbish but the follow up screenshots made everyone happy. I hope a similar thing will happen after seeing this rubbish trailer that the demo puts our concerns to bed.

the only thing am impressed with is the tackles, the rest of it am not really impressed

Loving the tackles - and before anyone pipes up, they don't look like 08 tackles
Can't wait to play it! :D

Yea, well everyone can judge for themselves,. Here you go o8 video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z6vjcw-sfo
Negatives
Seems like less animations in tackle , according to trailer
didn't see any multiple player tackles like in 08 video
Positives
no super man tackles
no super man tackles
no super man tackles
more realistic look to tackles.
So there are some differences, you can't say they are the same:)
PS. After that 08 video though I may have to reload 08 and take for a spin.:) Much better on the PC then ps2, no comparison!!!! Appetizer before RWC demo, and RC and RWC.
Cheers and Salud

Latest posts