Fish and chips

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by St Helens RLFC, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Is the best meal ever. Discuss.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Can't stand battered fish, totally ruins the flavour.

Pizza is in fact the best meal ever. It's quick, it's cheap, you can customise it to your heart's desire, and it tastes just as good either hot or cold.

4. You are mad

Proper quality fish and chips is a true treat....mushy peas and bit of tartar sauce too...washed down with some real ale. Yorkshire is the place to go.

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

You're making me hungry, makes note to go to chipper later.

6. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

You are mad

Proper quality fish and chips is a true treat....mushy peas and bit of tartar sauce too...washed down with some real ale. Yorkshire is the place to go.
    [/b][/quote]

Whitby is the place to go for Fish and Chips!!!

7. The problem is that greasy, soggy fish and chips are totally uninspiring. For me you've got to know the chippy/gastro you are going to.

I suppose that could be said of anywhere.

The Cross Keys in Masham or Busy Lizzies in Skipton...both quite close to Wharfdale RUFC. The latter is slightly nicer but the former does Copper Dragon Ale.

SB

8. I am going to make a case for The Chipmunk in St Helens. Finest fish and chips I ever did have.

In fact, how about a TRF Chippy Competition?

9. Has to be Yorkshire for me but I might well try and find this Chipmunk place seeing as it's just round the corner from us. Directions might be appreciated as me and the wife have a tradition of going for fish and chips on Valentines day.

I had some pretty fabulous ones in Russell down in the Bay of Islands...and I think Manly (though I can't be sure exactly)

10. It's in Barrow Street mate, near the town hall.

11. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

I'll go up to the Russians in Balally, quality.

12. Is it ran by Russians?

13. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

Bloody Communist

14. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Yeah

15. DC

DC Guest

fish an chips aint bad, but i dont eat **** like that anymore

rather have loads of veggies and good lean protein!!!

16. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Bah... Steak and Kidney Pie & Chips > you. And if you're feeling reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally saucy... Add in a jumbo battered sausage and mushy peas.

Mmmmmmmmm......

17. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

[​IMG]
    mmmmmm, fish and chips....ahhhhhhhhgggggmmmmmm

18. You are truly British, Teh Mite.

19. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Here's the American in me coming out, but I love drenching a big pile of greasy, salty, vinegared pile of fish & Chips in ketchup.
    [​IMG]

20. melon

melon Guest

Beer battered chips is the way to go. I don't know if that has caught on in popularity anywhere else, but in Australia, it's gathering momentum and BLOODY HELL ITS GOOD STUFF!!!

21. Serge

Serge Guest

End of the day if it comes down to tastyness versus cost/quantity ratio fish n chips will always win!

They definately are the way to my heart and heart problems.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!