• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Happy Come On GIF by Liverpool FC
Love This GIF by Liverpool FC

alisson becker GIF by Liverpool FC

Allison the hero of the penalty shootout. Great save from Mount.

And of course:

2 cups 2 to go. League's likely gone unless City miraculously lose final two games. So, down to keeping players fresh enough for Paris.87D7A60A-5E3D-40FD-A0B2-3123F3F51E3D.jpeg

Last edited:

BT sport livestream of Europa league final - Franfurt v Rangers. Half of Glasgow will go mad if they pull it off.

So Everton safe. Down to Leeds or Burnley to go down on Sunday.

More worrying signs though that football is going backwards

More worrying signs though that football is going backwards
Yeh the "expert" is blaming reaction to lockdown. Don't know about that. Racist social media abuse post Euro 2021 final, Rangers fans fighting with Frankfurt fans pre final, and now pitch invasions at the season end. Football does attract a lot of pricks.

Well, glad Man City went and won it. Rather than losing/drawing and then Liverpool drawing. It's the hope that kills. Deserved champs at the end of the day.

Now to see if Thiago injury - if he is ok for Champions league and fully fit squad.

So gearing up for tomorrow's CL final. Either massive elation 😁 or massive disappointment 😭. News coming through that both Fabinho and Thiago should be fit, but whether Klopp risks the latter is another matter. I am thinking he starts Henderson, Fabinho and Kieta in midfield and then bring on Thiago off the bench. Finals tend to be cagey affairs and expecting this to either be a 1-0 or if it does go ET then penalties🙈. Liverpool have a much better team compared to 2018, especially options off the bench and we don't have Karius in goal like last time.👍.

Come on you Reds!!

Pretty much full strength from both sides. Shame super sub Origi misses out.

kick off delayed until 8.30pm. Still, right decision to allow Liverpool fans outside in.

Last edited:
Funny result considering how heavily Real were written off pre-game - pundits were all saying Liverpool by 2-3 goals in the pre-match guff

I can tell you one thing: i am not looking forward to a rwc in france after that.

I get it. My comment might not apply to all audiences, granted, but my guess is it will have quite an impact on a few no-so-tiny niches.

Say you are a parent, in Europe, you love rugby, you bring your kid to the club week in week out and you were planning to take your u16 son/daughter to the world cup, their first. All excited about it, bells, whistles, the lot.
Well, I am pretty sure more than one of those will reconsider. Say you were planning on taking the misses with you. Same.

The images were appalling. I am not a stranger to getting mugged, robbed, beaten at a stadium. I understand the risks. But i saw something else here. Again, the videos were heartbreaking. This were not prima donna's complaining that the riesling served was not chilled properly and it didn't pair well with the beluga. No. These were people who go to the stadium every single week, not hooligans, but people who are used to crowds, know what the signs of danger are and how to avoid them. These same people are now crying on national tele because of what happened. Either all liverpool fans suddenly transformed into snowflakes or this was something else. I am inclined to believe it's the latter.

I know 5/10 people relatively close to me for which this alone made them change their decision to go to the WC.
Anecdotal evidence, i know. Stil..

Latest posts