• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

A

An Tarbh

Guest
Lansdowne Rd was a doubt because FIFA banned the use of temporary seating which would have decreased the capacity by 12000, to only 22000. Since Lansdowne Rd is going to be redeveloped (yeah right!!!) FIFA gave the FAI a special dispensation to use the temporary seating.
 
A

An Tarbh

Guest
Looks like Rivaldo is actually going to sign for Bolton, didn't seem a bad idea initially but with his arseing about maybe it's not worth the bother.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
He has SOME ambition then - turning Celtic down to join Bolton is a good move for his career.
 
A

An Tarbh

Guest
What career, he's only going to Bolton to wind down his career. Be interesting to see how long he lasts.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
He'll be there at least a season - I can see him being a bit of a hit to be honest.
 
A

An Tarbh

Guest
Crystal Palace have been promoted to the premiership after beating West Ham 1-0 in Cardiff today. Impressive turn around from Iain Dowie at Palace.
 
A

An Tarbh

Guest
Didn't realise Ireland were playing today against Nigeria, an understrength team went down 3-0 at the Valley. Don't know why they were playing so soon after Thursday.
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 29 2004, 08:36 AM
Lansdowne Rd was a doubt because FIFA banned the use of temporary seating which would have decreased the capacity by 12000, to only 22000. Since Lansdowne Rd is going to be redeveloped (yeah right!!!) FIFA gave the FAI a special dispensation to use the temporary seating.
I thought Lansdowne Rd. was 2 big stands and 2 terraces.
 
A

An Tarbh

Guest
It is but FIFA want all seater stadia and Lansdowne doesn't comply. Great and all that the atmosphere is, the place could do with a revamp and some proper toilets.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 05:58 AM
Didn't realise Ireland were playing today against Nigeria, an understrength team went down 3-0 at the Valley. Don't know why they were playing so soon after Thursday.
That took me by surprise as well.
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 04:23 AM
Crystal Palace have been promoted to the premiership after beating West Ham 1-0 in Cardiff today. Impressive turn around from Iain Dowie at Palace.
Well done to Palace and Dowie, but if I thought the Premiership would benefit from their presence next season I'd be a big liar.
 
W

Wally

Guest
Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 04:23 AM
Crystal Palace have been promoted to the premiership after beating West Ham 1-0 in Cardiff today. Impressive turn around from Iain Dowie at Palace.
f***.. There goes my $10

Does anybody know if Australia beat New Zealand last night?
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
I'm surprised Big Sam hasn't told him where to go to be honest.

Too much messing about.
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 3 2004, 04:06 PM
The All in White Dipshits SUCK
funnily enough, the All Whites were wearing blue and red last time???
 
S

sanzar

Guest
Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 3 2004, 06:12 PM
Thier new ''away'' uniform

meant to repersent the flag or someshit
Sorta like how our green an gold was exchanged for blue and white on our away games recently?!?!?!?!
 

Latest posts

Top