• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Football Thread

Lansdowne Rd was a doubt because FIFA banned the use of temporary seating which would have decreased the capacity by 12000, to only 22000. Since Lansdowne Rd is going to be redeveloped (yeah right!!!) FIFA gave the FAI a special dispensation to use the temporary seating.

Looks like Rivaldo is actually going to sign for Bolton, didn't seem a bad idea initially but with his arseing about maybe it's not worth the bother.

He has SOME ambition then - turning Celtic down to join Bolton is a good move for his career.

What career, he's only going to Bolton to wind down his career. Be interesting to see how long he lasts.

He'll be there at least a season - I can see him being a bit of a hit to be honest.

Crystal Palace have been promoted to the premiership after beating West Ham 1-0 in Cardiff today. Impressive turn around from Iain Dowie at Palace.

Didn't realise Ireland were playing today against Nigeria, an understrength team went down 3-0 at the Valley. Don't know why they were playing so soon after Thursday.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 29 2004, 08:36 AM
Lansdowne Rd was a doubt because FIFA banned the use of temporary seating which would have decreased the capacity by 12000, to only 22000. Since Lansdowne Rd is going to be redeveloped (yeah right!!!) FIFA gave the FAI a special dispensation to use the temporary seating.
I thought Lansdowne Rd. was 2 big stands and 2 terraces.

It is but FIFA want all seater stadia and Lansdowne doesn't comply. Great and all that the atmosphere is, the place could do with a revamp and some proper toilets.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 05:58 AM
Didn't realise Ireland were playing today against Nigeria, an understrength team went down 3-0 at the Valley. Don't know why they were playing so soon after Thursday.
That took me by surprise as well.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 04:23 AM
Crystal Palace have been promoted to the premiership after beating West Ham 1-0 in Cardiff today. Impressive turn around from Iain Dowie at Palace.
Well done to Palace and Dowie, but if I thought the Premiership would benefit from their presence next season I'd be a big liar.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@May 30 2004, 04:23 AM
f***.. There goes my $10

Does anybody know if Australia beat New Zealand last night?

I'm surprised Big Sam hasn't told him where to go to be honest.

Too much messing about.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 3 2004, 04:06 PM
The All in White Dipshits SUCK
funnily enough, the All Whites were wearing blue and red last time???

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 3 2004, 06:12 PM
Thier new ''away'' uniform

meant to repersent the flag or someshit
Sorta like how our green an gold was exchanged for blue and white on our away games recently?!?!?!?!

Latest posts