• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forever Strong

A

alexrugby

Hey guyzz

I know we had a topic about this movie but still I want to bring your attention to this movie again

So did the premiere took place in your countries? or anyway did you watch that movie?

And please post your mind about that movie

Whether you like it or not and what is the reason of your sympathy or antipathy in that movie

What about me I like it, and the first reason for that is that THE MOVIE ABOUT RUGBY HAS BEEN RELEASED :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;)

Discuss

forever-strong.jpg

I saw it , It's not THAT bad it's just too American-Footballish :fb: , but the moral(I don`t know if it`s the correct word) of the movie it's good, the rugby values and the friendship that beat drugs...etc :bravo: .

Some scenes are just wrong, like when there is a scrum and the ball goes out, then the Fly-half pass it inside to the hooker.... :roflrol:

HOW A HOOKER CAN GET OUT OF THE SCRUM IN 2 SECONDS :wacko: .

I would give it a 5/10 :Forum37:

I haven't seen it, and haven't heard of it since.

I'm going to stand by my pre-release "It's going to f***ing suck" analysis.

Well when Americans make a movie about the sport they do not adore like Baseball, American Football or baketball they will definitely make some mistakes

Otherwise what I like in this movies is:

1) Thanks to God Hollywood movie was made about rugby for massive spectators, good PR for Rugby

2) The moral and ethics of rugby is conserved and well told in that movie, so-

3) When an young man watches it he will definitely be motivated to play the real game for MEN

4) It's concentrated with New Zealand and Oceania rugby soul

5) It seems director and actors have been working with heart and good rugby movie resulted

It pulled at least one actor I respect, into it, and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although it did have cliches like the first person to die being black..... still it was a good movie to watch wasn't anywhere up to the standards of other sports movies like Friday Night Lights but still okay.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Jun 24 2009, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It pulled at least one actor I respect, into it, and wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, although it did have cliches like the first person to die being black..... still it was a good movie to watch wasn't anywhere up to the standards of other sports movies like Friday Night Lights but still okay.[/b]

It's not very frequent for Hollywood people to put some philosophy into movies :p

And thanks to God they did it (may be accidentally :lol: ) into this move

I mean the Rugby Philosophy

Just checked this out on rotten tomatoes and it has a rating of 29%, but that is only from 17 reviews. The top critics give it 50%, but again that is only from 2 reviews.

Also checked out the trailer here.

Looks worth a watch. Not sure why they're doing the Haka though :huh:...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (best_fullback @ Jun 25 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just checked this out on rotten tomatoes and it has a rating of 29%, but that is only from 17 reviews. The top critics give it 50%, but again that is only from 2 reviews.

Also checked out the trailer here.

Looks worth a watch. Not sure why they're doing the Haka though :huh:...[/b]

Because Haka is the unique thing which is believed to drive every player towards honorable play ;)

And because when you talk about rugby touching All Blacks can not be avoided

If you carefully watch that movie, you will find out how many rugby characters are collected there

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 23 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey guyzz

I know we had a topic about this movie but still I want to bring your attention to this movie again

So did the premiere took place in your countries? or anyway did you watch that movie?

And please post your mind about that movie

Whether you like it or not and what is the reason of your sympathy or antipathy in that movie

What about me I like it, and the first reason for that is that THE MOVIE ABOUT RUGBY HAS BEEN RELEASED :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;)

Discuss

forever-strong.jpg
[/b]

my penis is tinnnny

Trailer was laughably **** - looks like it was done by some melodramatic retarded Michael Bay clone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 26 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Trailer was laughably **** - looks like it was done by some melodramatic retarded Michael Bay clone.[/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When you know this is an American movie, why you look for more then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 26 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 26 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Trailer was laughably **** - looks like it was done by some melodramatic retarded Michael Bay clone.[/b]

When you know this is an American movie, why you look for more then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Because he is forever strong

just like leksorugby

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haven't seen it, don't intend to see it either unless I'm somehow sitting somewhere with absolutely nothing to do and it conveniently comes on TV.

I think I'll just wait to see the Clint Eastwood movie set around the 95 RWC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Jun 26 2009, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Jun 26 2009, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jun 26 2009, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Because he is forever strong

just like leksorugby

:lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Dale you genius :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be%20strong%20from%20within%20!.jpg

It was alot cheesey and a bit over the top and him playing ****** made absolutely no sense whatsoever and his Dad was right that yer man made him play out of position and it is dangerous

But I enjoyed it even though it wasn't very good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jul 9 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It was alot cheesey and a bit over the top and him playing ****** made absolutely no sense whatsoever and his Dad was right that yer man made him play out of position and it is dangerous

But I enjoyed it even though it wasn't very good.[/b]

Agreed, and he almost never played hook even after receiving Jersey with Number 2

Absolutely confused as to the mixture of Pacific culture with yank sports sensibilities. Very poor movie, could have been done a whole lot better.

Havent watched it....and from what I'm reading here, probably never will unless, like 187 said, "..I'm somehow sitting somewhere with absolutely nothing to do and it conveniently comes on TV."

Latest posts