• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Forza Motorsport 2 Demo

G

gjohn85

I haven't downloaded yet, but I will soon. Forza Motorsport was a brilliant game on the xbox when it came out. The suggestion arrows on the road was revolutionary, not only did it help new comers to racing, it also showed you the best line to take corners & also indicated you when you should brake. I'm not a normally a big fan of racing games but Forza had something great about it. I personally prefer this game to Gran Turismo & Project Gotham series (in terms of gameplay).

This 2nd game looks like its gonna be one of the big game of 07 on the 360. It's unusual of me to say this, but I'm really looking forward to the game when its ships next month.

downloaded last night... ok....definately wont be the big game of 07... i was hoping it would revolutionise driving simulators..... feels same old same old

It looks good and plays well, but personally waiting for a nice new Burnout style game...

downloaded last night... ok....definately wont be the big game of 07... i was hoping it would revolutionise driving simulators..... feels same old same old [/b]

People still lap up Gran Turismo though, that hasn't had a gameplay update since 1995!

f***en ****!!!!!!

i need a good x360 racing game and forza is the 2nd best driving sim ever

only because GT is sooooo much better

screw burnouts and NFS

I need - SIM!!!!

GJohn - we have always differed on opinions of GT and Forza - but one thing that never differed was that we both wanted SIMULATION

so tell me..........is Forza the closest to a racing SIM on NEXT GEN.

PGR was horridly arcady
I wont play Burnout, or NFS ever for the rest of my life

Forza, GT, and the good Rally SIMS are the only racing games in my eyes.

It may feel the same ole same ole, but once u get the balance right, and it is a good SIM, you wont see much changed, apart from track, and car content within the game

The dynamics should barely change an IOTA, once they have achieved the right balance

FORZA on Xbox was good - was no GT in my opinion, but i need something - JUST SOMETHING MORE SIMULATED THAN THE SHITTY TOY SKIDDING CRAP, POWERSLIDING WARPED DRIVING MECHANICS OF WHATS AVAILABLE NOW.

Forza 2 was dreadful, same old boring gameplay as the first one and too realistic instead of fun to play.

PGR remains my favourite racer I'm afraid.

only because GT is sooooo much better[/b]

Either...

1. Forza must be reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly crap
or
2.You have no taste in games

... for the above quote to be true.

However, as for GT being a simulation... errrr., just, no. Allow messer clarkson to explain better then I ever could;

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlnRY0Ngy3s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XlnRY0Ngy3s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

f***en ****!!!!!!

i need a good x360 racing game and forza is the 2nd best driving sim ever

only because GT is sooooo much better

screw burnouts and NFS

I need - SIM!!!!

GJohn - we have always differed on opinions of GT and Forza - but one thing that never differed was that we both wanted SIMULATION

so tell me..........is Forza the closest to a racing SIM on NEXT GEN.

PGR was horridly arcady
I wont play Burnout, or NFS ever for the rest of my life

Forza, GT, and the good Rally SIMS are the only racing games in my eyes.

It may feel the same ole same ole, but once u get the balance right, and it is a good SIM, you wont see much changed, apart from track, and car content within the game

The dynamics should barely change an IOTA, once they have achieved the right balance

FORZA on Xbox was good - was no GT in my opinion, but i need something - JUST SOMETHING MORE SIMULATED THAN THE SHITTY TOY SKIDDING CRAP, POWERSLIDING WARPED DRIVING MECHANICS OF WHATS AVAILABLE NOW. [/b]
At the moment the only racing sim is Forza other than that, the only sim is PGR. There is a PGR 4 coming out, but there's not much hope of you getting that.

Below are some racing games that I know of ;

* Project Gotham Racing 4 - out Autumn
* Dirt (Colin Mcrae) - Next year, I think
* Test Drive: Unlimited - Never played it, Don't think its the game you are looking for
* GTR - (TBA) Supposed to be a really good on the PC
* Race Driver One (a.k.a Toca Race Driver/DTM/V8) - 2008

TOCa will without a doubt be the best racer ever, it's just a shame it'll be a million years before it's released... :(

oooh yes i forgot about the great TOCA - quality product for sure - great career mode

As for GT not being a simulation - why is it the great selling car racing franchise of all time

Its the in the top 5 highest selling series of all games of all time

Yes - Colin Mcrae DIRT is on my radar aswell

As for you to rubbish GT simulated mechanics............its ur opinion......its the most deepest developed and tested game against real time driving mechanics, no other car ***le puts more effort into a ***le than that Japanes GT honcho.

It outsells every other car ***le on the planet........for a game that has barely amended its dynamics its a pretty good effort from the first ***le back in 1996 or whatever to get it so closely simulated on the PS1.

We all have opinions

GT has factual figures which DO back-up its quality

You cannot deny the beast within except for the lack of crash dynamics, which i do hate, but the rest is just an absolute GEM

Bring on Forza and DIRT

PGR4 wont see my X360 - unless its overhauled in the physics

Dirt will be released end of June. Forza bored the **** out of me. It took me two minutes before I tried to take the other cards head on.

oooh yes i forgot about the great TOCA - quality product for sure - great career mode

As for GT not being a simulation - why is it the great selling car racing franchise of all time [/b]

Because it had pretty-pretty graphics and was so over marketed it's beyond a joke, in the exact same way that NFL games get into the UK chart when no-one could care less about that sport here.

Sales don't mean a game is better.

I am very much a Burnout fan myself.
I find the other racing games can be quite repetitive, and Burnout just gives you that bit of variety.

Sales don't mean a game is better.

I KNOW - but its a pretty good indicator.

CD sales for example

sure Brittany and Robbie sell more than MUSE - like Final Fantasy sells more than Ghost Recon.

But if you break down sales into genre sales - there is your benchmark, as to where the demand is, and the is a reason for it

The majority can be stupid, but not for 4-5 ***les in a row

I have downloaded the demo & had a few goes on it. I am really enjoying it, as much as I did with first Forza on the Xbox. The graphics are really stunning & the cars look & feel great when you drive these cars. I am a more a newcomer to racing games & the suggested line is fantastic. I got the suggested line on permanently. Not only will it tell you when you show you when you should be braking, it's arrows on the road shows you the best line to take around the bend correct & quickly.

There are 24 out of 300 cars available on the demo. You can choose a car in the 3 classes of cars on the demo, 'C' Class, 'A' Class & 'R2' Class. 'C' Class are you standard type cars, 'A' Class cars are your higher end cars & R2 are the rally cars.

I thought the demo was OK. I like drifting in the BMW(even though I'm not good at it). I might buy this to do paintjobs 'cause thats all I did in forza 1.. and try to drift...

Here's an example of how good the paintjobs can be on Forza 2(not mine)...

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAN!!!!!!

i pre-ordered this now

i love car or racing games

i havent had a decent one since GT4

Moto GP was not too bad, but has alot of frame rate issues

Give me Forza n DIRT!!!!!!!!

So is anyone buying this tomorrow?

I've not played the demo, but loved the original and can see this one lasting a long time... I'm yet to read anything that sounds like a real criticism.

Latest posts