France jersey is for sale says Laporte

FrenchFan

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
FFr is said to be currently negotiating a deal with a sponsor to appear on the blue jersey http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Xv-de-france-le-maillot-de-l-equipe-nationale-vendu-a-un-sponsor/771737

A list of potential sponsors has been unveiled. They are:

Beaujolais - power drink
Chanel - real hand bags
Cochonou - Toulouse sausage powerbar
Dior - scented gumshields
Dim - tights & gloves
Gauloises Bleu - les Bleus fav fags
Eden Park - rugby resistant ties
Lolita Lempicka - hair gel for Max Mermoz
Guy Novesssssss - vintage hair driers
Lou - underwear from Lyon Olympique Universitaire
SixPack France - Half time refreshments
Kinder - nutritional supplement for Winnie Atonio
Kindy - boots for Morgan Parra
Ravage - warm-up oil

I really wish we'd go back to no sponsor...or move it to the arm or something...AIG looks rubbish, and because we bastardized they're real log by rmoving the box it just looks like the players initials on a training jersey

I really wish we'd go back to no sponsor...or move it to the arm or something...AIG looks rubbish, and because we bastardized they're real log by rmoving the box it just looks like the players initials on a training jersey

if logos go from chest to sleeve, the $15 mil the all blacks get a year will probably go to about $8-10 mil

AIG actually looks much better than most sponsors, you are really "lucky" to have it on the ABs jersey instead of another one. But yeah, an even better option would be to not put any sponsor at all.

Montpellier owner Mohed Altrad's company will become the first sponsor of the French national team. If that's not a conflict of interest, then I don't know what is.

http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/6-nat...aillot-du-xv-de-france_sto6077944/story.shtml

nobody moans when the All Blacks have a sponsor printed all across their chests, it brings more money into the sport and Laporte said this money is going to grass roots rygby so where is the problem, maybe just another anti Montpellier person i guess having a little dig, i may mention Mohed Altrad was born in Syria but is a French national with a French passport. Mon Altrad does some amazing work for charities and others, so why should he not help the FFR if he can afford to do so.
Its so easy to critisise after reading one article when you dont now the man concerned or what he has done in his very amazing life, try reading his books you may well change your mind.

nobody moans when the All Blacks have a sponsor printed all across their chests, it brings more money into the sport and Laporte said this money is going to grass roots rygby so where is the problem, maybe just another anti Montpellier person i guess having a little dig, i may mention Mohed Altrad was born in Syria but is a French national with a French passport. Mon Altrad does some amazing work for charities and others, so why should he not help the FFR if he can afford to do so.
Its so easy to critisise after reading one article when you dont now the man concerned or what he has done in his very amazing life, try reading his books you may well change your mind.

I think the point he was making is that having someone who owns one of the French teams sponsoring the shirt opens up a whole world of potential issues. Favouritism to that team etc...

sorry but its advertising or sponsoring call it what ever, the company Altrad is worldwide if you think that Montpellier will benefit from this you are wrong and naive, it has nothing to do with MHR this is between FFR and the company Altrad.
You probably dont know it but Altrad also sponsors Montauban in the PRO D2 so is they were to be promoted ??? the FFR, MHR, and Montauban, are all different issues and cannot be thrown into the same hat, there is also Gloucester and Altrad sponsor or ownership, which has also yet to be decided.

In what way is that a conflict of interest? You would have to take a huge stroll down conspiracy theory lane to fabricate one. Arguing against sponsorship which does not compromise the team or your enjoyment of the game is just stupid. Teams should take what sponsorship opportunities they can get.

How is it a huge stroll down conspiracy lane? If someone gives u loads of money u will look to do what is in their best interests to keep them happy. Either consciously or unconsciously.

But because a sponsorship deal means that the selectors and coaches who are in no way involved with finances or sponsorship opportunities will be in the pocket of sponsors? What would this preferential treatment look like anyway? Montpellier (an organisation independent of the FFR) losing more international players during international periods and opening them up to injury in extremely high intensity games? Doesn't seem like a win for Montpellier to me.

must be hate Montpellier week again, what i cant understand is that some wish to roll MHR, FFR, and the Altrad company into one hat when it i so far from the truth,could you possibly imagine that if it was true all the rich TOP 14 clubs and there are plenty not just Montpellier, would want logos on the french shirt, socks, mouth guards, the elasto strapping, head gear, have i missed anything. Complete and utter farce, i suppose it's Friday and people are clock watching and playing on the forum in the bosses time.

must be hate Montpellier week again, what i cant understand is that some wish to roll MHR, FFR, and the Altrad company into one hat when it i so far from the truth,could you possibly imagine that if it was true all the rich TOP 14 clubs and there are plenty not just Montpellier, would want logos on the french shirt, socks, mouth guards, the elasto strapping, head gear, have i missed anything. Complete and utter farce, i suppose it's Friday and people are clock watching and playing on the forum in the bosses time.
I agree. It's a case of tilting at windmills.

I have no issue with Montpellier. I am not saying there is or will be any actual dodgy dealings. But it is a conflict of interest.

please explain how a company sponsoring something becomes a conflit of interest, especially as you say you have no issues with Montpellier, you have stated something now explain why instead of just repeating yoursel, so if on top of all this there are no dodgy dealings so you said, where is the conflit of interst.

I think the point he was making is that having someone who owns one of the French teams sponsoring the shirt opens up a whole world of potential issues. Favouritism to that team etc...

Exactly.

I don't have a problem with logos/sponsors, Altrad (quite the contrary, there should be more positive examples like him!) or Montpellier, but it's not a good choice. The plans for Gloucester are seen critically for a reason.

The Gloucester affair is ownership not sponsorship, and can you explain how Montpellier are going to benefit, or the conflit of interest is where please, explain yourself if you can it's fairly lame making a statement with nothing concrete behind it,.and as you are agreeing with the above,(stus768) how is it going to give us favouritism, we have no Frencnh Internationals for the moment, or will the referees be giving us free decisions where are we benefitting please tell us we are desperate to know.

Montpellier and the FFR don't have the same interests, yet even though sponsors aren't owners, they still have quite a lot of influence. Who will the sponsor favour in cases where there's a conflict between the two? The club they sponsor or the federation?

Latest posts