• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France RWC Squad

Dulin as Ramos stand-in is the good choise for me.
I hope he will be on the final list.

They go in as favourites for me. But how well they handle the pressure is something I am fascinated to see.

Great squad, but the whole country will hold its breath every time Dupont is slow to get up from a tackle.

Stop Dupont and you stop France is overly simplistic, yet not so very far from the truth. Opposition flankers will be licenced to push the laws to the limit in hunting him down.

It's about time France won it and they'll never have a better opportunity.

Great squad, but the whole country will hold its breath every time Dupont is slow to get up from a tackle.

Stop Dupont and you stop France is overly simplistic, yet not so very far from the truth. Opposition flankers will be licenced to push the laws to the limit in hunting him down.

It's about time France won it and they'll never have a better opportunity.
You have to dominate the debate on scrum and on the fight zone first, and Dupont has that target on his back since he play rugby. He knows how to handel it.

France is in a very tough draw but they are rightful favorites IMO. Any team taking it out on our side of this draw would have done it the hard way.

According to William Servat, the door remain open for a possible Posolo Tuilagi's selection for the upcoming world cup.

Baille absent for 5 or 6 weeks, and perhaps more.:mad:

i see Roman Ntamack is out for France also...thats a massive one.

Baille absent for 5 or 6 weeks, and perhaps more.:mad:
Important enough to gamble on including him in the squad anyway?

(Or discover the third choice prop has a minor injury after the group stage...)

ACl injury...so a bad one. But yes not bad to bring Jelly Bean in.

In the modern game I always like to see at least two out of a 10, 12, 13 & 15 be creative ball handlers (as opposed to a safe pair of hands or a battering ram). I've not seen much of Jalabert but I'm not sure that describes him. With Ntamac down can France find a centre that can actually consistently throw a telling pass rather than plod into contact or (like Fofana) run great but completely fail to distribute the ball. France could really have done with Vakatawa at centre in my opinion (I see he retired on medical grounds) to bring some of the flair lost by the Ntamac injury.

I can see even a world beater like Penaud being starved of opportunities with a Jalabert, Danty, Fickou, Ramos (good last week admittedly) serving him.

Latest posts