• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Ireland

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Feb 9 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Sexton was not considered for Saturday's 29-11 victory over Italy early last week after picking up a dead leg[/b]

Nobody else found this funny?
[/b][/quote]

I did but maybe its because English isn't my first language and it made me do a double take of sorts. Anyway, I expect France to make this one narrowly if only for the scrum and home advantage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Feb 9 2010, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Feb 9 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Sexton was not considered for Saturday's 29-11 victory over Italy early last week after picking up a dead leg[/b]

Nobody else found this funny?
[/b][/quote]

I did but maybe its because English isn't my first language and it made me do a double take of sorts.
[/b][/quote]
Whenever i see "deadleg" mentioned it just makes me think of being young and my brother digging me in the thigh/giving me a deadleg

I think Andrew Trimble is unlucky to be dropped since he was Ireland's most dangerous outside back against Italy. Perhaps his past experience on the wing in Paris (when he was hung out to dry by a weak Ireland defensive system) played a part in Declan Kidney's thinking. Hopefully Keith Earls can take his chance.

Does anybody think that Leo Cullen's inclusion in the second row has had some impact on the improvement in the Irish scrum? He deserves to keep his place on the strength of his set piece play both there and in the lineout whether or not Donncha O'Callaghan is fit.

I think Earls is a lot more of an attacking threat than Trimble so glad he gets his chance...

Not too bothered if O'Callaghan is injured because Cullen was good on Saturday but will be worried if Ferris doesnt play especially being a backrow short with Wallace holding O'Garas hand at 10...

I think we need to be versitile and everyone has to have hunger for the ball however i think ferris will play a major part in the physical side of the game and at the moment he is in great form it will be a huge blow if he can't play. O'driscoll v bastareaud :cheers:

Agree with Tarbh on the Kidney comments. He has his own way. Sexton maybe in the last ten mins.

Absence of Ferris swings this to France. I reckon scrum will be okay for Ireland, but we need a shitkicker to disrupt French ball at the breakdown.

Last week's matches were similar - Ireland and France played within themselves, secured the win in the first half. France looked alot livelier, but maybe Ireland's taming of the Italy pack is underestimated.

So it's match of the championship. If this falls into place for Ireland, then everyone watch out for ... a last minute GS drop kick in March. If for France, who knows? Maybe settling on their next team to beat the ABs when it matters ... more than ever.

Looking forward to BOD v Bastaraud. The Great One could get smashed in defence for the first time ever. Or he could snatch a few intercepts to really introduce the Beefy One to top class rugby. Also - any chance Kearney will get killed under a high ball by Basta?

p.s. Bastaraud looks like a cartoon character, but I can't figure it out ...

NAVY-585_681781a.jpg

I think if Ferris plays and Kearney plays as well as he usually does Ireland will win this one. I think Ireland's backline will be superior in defence but I think if the pack can hold France's back for the 1st half (where Ferris really matters) then Ireland can use their superior fitness and conditioning to knacker France's defence in the 2nd half and hopefully squeeze out a win.

Lads 1st of all delighted that Earls starts as Trimble isn't as good and was Ireland best back3 player vs Italy because other 2 had very off days.

As for Cullen in well DOC is out but if he were fit and Cullen got nod we can't complain as he is able for it and wont harm team 1 bit but offer but add more of a challenge on French line-out.

Ferris needs to play as we need his physicality against probably 1 of the best backrows in the world.

As for the 10 decision I think Kidney has got is spot on as Sexton can make the bigger impact and change to a game so it'll work better this way and Sexton will benefit more from this approach. As there is less pressure for him and don't get me wrong I sure he'd be fine starting just he hasn't got as much pressure returning from injury etc.

I do hope Cullen is up to it, with McLaughlin at 6 and Cullen at 4 we could be found wanting in the Physical exchanges.

The french back row isnt the most phisical either with a total wieght of 301kg compared to Irelands, even with Mclaughlin, 318kg and with ferris would be 321kg...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 9 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The french back row isnt the most phisical either with a total wieght of 301kg compared to Irelands, even with Mclaughlin, 318kg and with ferris would be 321kg...[/b]
They not the most physical but are very talented.

Also is it just me or could we have the 2 best 8's in world against eachother saturday too.
Apart from the SA 8 there can hardly be any other contenders.

Parise is close but it is something I am also looking forward to seeing...

They are also very alike... great ball-carriers... very phisical... great hands... good lineout options... and a good burst of speed...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 9 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 9 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The french back row isnt the most phisical either with a total wieght of 301kg compared to Irelands, even with Mclaughlin, 318kg and with ferris would be 321kg...[/b]

Also is it just me or could we have the 2 best 8's in world against eachother saturday too.
[/b][/quote]

129102280246138539.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 9 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Feb 9 2010, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 9 2010, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

129102280246138539.jpg

[/b][/quote]
Oh sh*t he injured so i forgot :eek:

I take it back :lol:

France just bullied South Africa, most physical performance I had seen in ages/ever. I know they don't have Barcella, Millo-Chusky and Picamoles Saturday but they still have it in them, hopefully they are saving it for England. If they lose to England AGAIN it would be beyond a joke.

Latest posts