• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Ireland

<div class='quotemain'> Reddan was average. [/b]
Average in a team that generally performed shite, thats a positiove if you ask me (sad but true). He got **** ball all night and all he could do was try and clean it up. There is only so much a scrum half can do behind a pack that throws **** ball back. Reddan should retain his place easily for the match against Argentina. He did everything Stringer does, but has the potential to offer much more.

[/b][/quote]
I agree...he should keep his spot. He did as well as anyone could have. Break in the young talent, which I believe he is.
Bring on the Argies...maybe we can pull a mystery performance?????? :SHABLON_padonak_03: Who Knows?
It's not like we don't have the freakin' talent. This whole world cup is a mystery to me.

Only if they are on the same points difference. :wall:[/b]

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/rules/index.html

If at the completion of the pool phase two or more Teams are level on Match points,
then the following criteria shall be used in the following order until one of the Teams
can be determined as the higher ranked:

i. The winner of the Match in which the two tied Teams have played each other
shall be the higher ranked.

So, if Argentina beats Namibia with a bonus point it could top the group just by getting a bp against Ireland.

<div class='quotemain'> Reddan was average. [/b]
Average in a team that generally performed shite, thats a positiove if you ask me (sad but true). He got **** ball all night and all he could do was try and clean it up. There is only so much a scrum half can do behind a pack that throws **** ball back. Reddan should retain his place easily for the match against Argentina. He did everything Stringer does, but has the potential to offer much more.

Blind patriotism aside, how can anyone possibly be so confident that Ireland will defeat Argentina? [/b]
There aint any Irish fans that think we can beat Argentina are there? I havent seen any of us ............ well I havent seen any of us on here at all since France, so I cant see where we've been trumpeting our chances. We're done. We always have a chance to bring out a performance but I cant see where it will come from.
from champagne to **** in less than a year, I'm speechless.[/b]
Try experiencing it from where I am. Painful doesnt begin to describe it.

[/b][/quote]

Reddan didn't do it for me. I'd go back to Stringer.

We're not done, but we'll have to approach Arg like we did Italy in the 6N - rack up the points by flinging it around. Arg will have to play territory, because a low scoring game is in their favour, so we'll have to get quick ball off the lineout and hope Darcy breaks Conti's defence.

I thought Reddan was as good as was possible for a scrum half playing behind a pack as inept as Ireland's, he was getting ridiculously slow ball, but he still looked a much sharper option than Stringer. Bringing Stringer back for Sunday would be a step back for this team.

Our forwards have gotten so lazy, they let O'Driscoll and D'Arcy work their ******** off at ruck time, leaving gimps like O'Connell out in the centre to f*** up with retarded handling errors. This Eddie is an area where we miss not having a proper openside.

Teams have worked Ireland out, we haven't moved with the times, we've stood still and persisted with a gameplan that worked 3 or 4 years ago, well Eddie it's not working now, you've got it wrong big time, you've had the most talented Irish squad ever to go to a world cup and now we look like a bunch of gimps.

He does need to make changes next week, we need Quinlan in there to make a nuisance of himself, Donncha has been non-existent in most games so surely O'Kelly has to be an option and Eddie really needs to bring back Murphy, Trimble not surprisingly imo was cack last night and as for Duffy being on the bench, well that was another master-stroke considering his contribution.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
That's it over. Our hopes and dreams. Even if we do beat Argentina with a bonus point we will proboly play New Zeleand in the 1/4 finals. [/b]

If you beat us by less than 8 points it doesn't even matter your bonus point, we win the group because we get even in points with France (15 for both) and we beat them. [/b][/quote]

Maybe so but Argentina will never overcome the points difference, which is 40-odd. So either way, France should win the group after spanking Georgia.
[/b][/quote]

I've also readen somewhere that in case of same numbers of points, the order of qualified was determinated by first the winner of the match between the two teams, and only in second the points difference.

To my great sadness, I'm afraid Eternal Idol must be right

Reddan didn't do it for me. I'd go back to Stringer.[/b]
Spoken like a true Munster man :). You probably think O'Callaghan should retain his spot too? I'm not saying either of them are hopeless, I'm a fan of them both. I just believe they are playing poorly and should be dropped until they find their form again.

We're not done, but we'll have to approach Arg like we did Italy in the 6N - rack up the points by flinging it around. Arg will have to play territory, because a low scoring game is in their favour, so we'll have to get quick ball off the lineout and hope Darcy breaks Conti's defence. [/b]
I love your optimism but there is a 99% chance it wont happen.

so now we just hope ireland beats argentina by more than 7 points ! :rolleyes: dreams be dreams