• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Ireland

Really looking forward to watching this match! France have a lot of strong players; Betsen, Chabal, Ibanez etc. but I feel Ireland will be a tough customer against them. Should be a close game.

Prediction: France 19-14 Ireland

Shock of all horrirs; Ireland are under pressure and O'Gara's choked like my ex during a deepthroat.

Top 10 Fly-half in the world, my arse.

But! On a different note, just exactly how much better then Stringer has Reddan been?

After what Ireland has shown lately I can't see them scoring more than 10 points against France.
So France wins 27 to 9 is my bet.

[/b]

Well, you almost made a perfect prediction. Ireland haven't scored more than 10 points yet at 69 minutes.

France are leading 25 - 3 (close to 27 - 9 x) ). Sadly they don't look like scoring a try, definately game over now. I think Clerc scoring France's two tries makes him the first choice winger over Rougerie now.

That's it over. Our hopes and dreams. Even if we do beat Argentina with a bonus point we will proboly play New Zeleand in the 1/4 finals.

O'Gara was woeful, Wallace has been all tournament, O'Callaghan didn't feature at all, Easterby was DREADFUL.

I'm not usually this narky but just i'm so dissapointed :cryy:

What happened to the Ireland that's been pushing for 6N grandslams?
I haven't seen them play well once this world cup, i'm really disappointed. The forwards had a terrible game and so the backs could hardly do anything with such terrible ball.
But this display only furthers my belief that O'Gara is one of the most overrated players out there.
The team needed him to be clinical with the kicking when they went behind on those penalty points. He needed to play territory and every time he got the ball he choked.
It seems everytime O'Gara faces pressure for Ireland he crumbles.

Michelak showed some awesome glimpses of his magical boot, whilst Vincent Clerc went on to score more tries again.
But Traille's huge boot did so much moral damage to Ireland that, as much as i would have liked to see Jauzion out there, it wouldn't have been the right decision for France to make.

Very entertaining, but very disappointed in an Ireland that has yet to turn up.
I hope they turn up against the Argies. I want the Irish to make the quarters...even if it is against the AB's.

That's it over. Our hopes and dreams. Even if we do beat Argentina with a bonus point we will proboly play New Zeleand in the 1/4 finals. [/b]

If you beat us by less than 8 points it doesn't even matter your bonus point, we win the group because we get even in points with France (15 for both) and we beat them.

<div class='quotemain'>
That's it over. Our hopes and dreams. Even if we do beat Argentina with a bonus point we will proboly play New Zeleand in the 1/4 finals. [/b]

If you beat us by less than 8 points it doesn't even matter your bonus point, we win the group because we get even in points with France (15 for both) and we beat them. [/b][/quote]

Maybe so but Argentina will never overcome the points difference, which is 40-odd. So either way, France should win the group after spanking Georgia.

Boring match, France just sat there and waited for Ireland to crack, and then ran in two simple, basic, non international standard tries.

Maybe so but Argentina will never overcome the points difference, which is 40-odd. So either way, France should win the group after spanking Georgia.
[/b]

Well according to the triple draw thread:
If 2 teams are tied then the match result between the sides determines who qualifies.[/b]

So, losing by less than 8 points gives us the group.

For a neutral, very one-sided game if I do say so myself. France in the 2nd half in particular were clearly on top. Great tries by Vincent Clerc. I did like Michalak's drop pass that set him up for his first try.

Unlucky for Ireland really, I reckon they should have scored a couple of tries earlier in the second half. Ireland have to beat Argentina now.

<div class='quotemain'>Maybe so but Argentina will never overcome the points difference, which is 40-odd. So either way, France should win the group after spanking Georgia.
[/b]

Well according to the triple draw thread:
If 2 teams are tied then the match result between the sides determines who qualifies.[/b]

So, losing by less than 8 points gives us the group. [/b][/quote]

Only if they are on the same points difference. :wall:

Just couldnt stop the errors. Everytime we had France under pressure we either coughed up the ball or gave a stupid penalty away. Even at half time I thought we were in with a chance, if we could just stop making silly errors.

I'm still scratching my head as to why were making all these mistakes. Ever since the summer, weve been incapable of putting any serious number of phases together. Its not just a World cup thing, its been going on since the tour of Argentina.

**** it. Sure we have another four years to mull it over.

Ahhh still France were well worth the win. Congrats lads, I suppose the one positive is that you guys ensure the tournament stays interesting for the Northern Hemisphere.

O'Gara failed to shine, which primarily is one of the main factors in the game. Reddan looked fairly dangerous going forward, and O'Driscoll at times made very important tackles.

To sum the second half though, Ireland were unluckly not to put away their attacks, whereas France looked pretty comfortable and deserved the win in fairness.

I´ve never seen Ireland making so many errors before. Far too many important penalties conceeded. And i guess France found by now the Scrum half/fly half couple for the rest of the Tournament!
Even with Ireland playing poorly until now, I think the match against Argentina is going to be tough and brutal. The cooler team will end up with the victory.