• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France v Ireland

Ireland will throw the kitchen sink at Argentina when they play them, and they have to if they want to get through to the knockout stage, but it's going to be a big ask. Argentina are improving all the time, and that makes them a strong customer.

Ireland will throw the kitchen sink at Argentina when they play them, and they have to if they want to get through to the knockout stage, but it's going to be a big ask. Argentina are improving all the time, and that makes them a strong customer.
[/b]

They will have to produce a massive recovery because normally the Arg vs Ire matches are very closed and decided in the last minutes what would mean at least a bp for Argentina and Ireland would be out on points.

Good kick Michalak, too bad hes a bit of a fag tag. Good win France, Ireland vs Argentina should be interesting....

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>Maybe so but Argentina will never overcome the points difference, which is 40-odd. So either way, France should win the group after spanking Georgia.
[/b]

Well according to the triple draw thread:
If 2 teams are tied then the match result between the sides determines who qualifies.[/b]

So, losing by less than 8 points gives us the group. [/b][/quote]

Only if they are on the same points difference. :wall:
[/b][/quote]

No Mariano my friend, we still can get two bonus points by loosing by less than 7 points and an other bonus point by scoring four tries. So, what i mean, is that if we loose but get two bonus points we still can end up first, out of the "pool of death" :p . Anyway thats in the worst situation because i think we can beat the irish by playing our tough rugby and taking advantage of their low moral. :cheers: Go Pumas!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

Blind patriotism aside, how can anyone possibly be so confident that Ireland will defeat Argentina?

I understand that nothing in sport is a dead cert, but seriously, based on what we've seen, Ireland are nothing short of hopeless. I'm sorry guys, but what has happened to you? If there was a drastic change in personelle over the last year, then it would be understandable, but there's been little or no change. Last year you guys absolutely thrashed us (Boks) in Dublin, and you were definitely strong contenders for the World Cup...but now...my God, from champagne to **** in less than a year, I'm speechless.

My apologies for being so harsh, but I just can't understand how talent can suddenly dissapear down the train - from a whole team! And seriosuly, for those who're carrying on about how overrated O'Gara is - that's really not the case. He has performed brilliantly in the past, and has been fully deserving of the praise that has been bestowed on him. But last night, he was nothing short of woeful, along with 14 other Irishmen.

Argentina are playing brilliant rugby, and I really can't see them failing to overcome this Irish lot. Don't get me wrong, it CAN happen, but only a fool and his money would be willing to bet on it.

Ireland don't deserve to venture anywhere near the Quarters. To play that badly despite the talent on offer, is embarrassing. And that also applies to BOD.

Oh, and congrats to France - you were superb!. Scary thought is that not a single player in the backline played in the same position against Argentina. Domanech is typically French, hence mad, and you gotta love 'em...

Argentina will make history at the top of the table by the end of pool plays and France will play the All Blacks at Millenium Stadium. We can all see the Pumas are looking like a far more desperate and determined team than Ireland. They want this more than ever and they ain't looking back.

I'd delighted that Reddan got the nod at scrumhalf. He's a better kicker and runner than either Boss or Stringer and has a winning mentality through playing with Wasps. Adjusting to O'Gara at flyhalf won't be a problem because he plays/has played with a revolving door of 10s at his club (Cipriani, Van Gisbergen, King, Staunton, Walder). The only reason Stringer was kept in was due to his passing and with that having become quite patchy over the last few weeks, he was correctly discarded. O'Sullivan has shown a ruthless streak by axing the scrumhalf and Hickie which is good to see. [/b]
reddan was average. what was eos thinking replacing stringer with a guy whose played 4 tests and i don't care what hes done in the english priemership, winning mentality my ass.

<div class='quotemain'> I'd delighted that Reddan got the nod at scrumhalf. He's a better kicker and runner than either Boss or Stringer and has a winning mentality through playing with Wasps. Adjusting to O'Gara at flyhalf won't be a problem because he plays/has played with a revolving door of 10s at his club (Cipriani, Van Gisbergen, King, Staunton, Walder). The only reason Stringer was kept in was due to his passing and with that having become quite patchy over the last few weeks, he was correctly discarded. O'Sullivan has shown a ruthless streak by axing the scrumhalf and Hickie which is good to see. [/b]
reddan was average. what was eos thinking replacing stringer with a guy whose played 4 tests and i don't care what hes done in the english priemership, winning mentality my ass. [/b][/quote]

At least some things never change.

argentina haven't played that well, their scrum and lineout were horrible against the french. they just played safe and their defence was rock solid. don't get me wrong i think argentina will beat ireland but only because of how badly ireland are playing.

How was their defence rock solid when they conceded 2 trys and umpteen kickable penalties?

as far as desperation is concerned, i bet you the Irish will have it on their side ! As a frenchman i was happy with the lack of form of the Irish before we played against them, but please guys, answer Ireland's call this time, even if it takes Keith Wood to come back!!!

argentina haven't played that well, their scrum and lineout were horrible against the french. they just played safe and their defence was rock solid. don't get me wrong i think argentina will beat ireland but only because of how badly ireland are playing.
[/b]

The funny thing is that we have beaten France in five of the last six matches.

How was their defence rock solid when they conceded 2 trys and umpteen kickable penalties?
[/b]

Argentina haven't conceded any try yet.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Argentina haven't conceded any try yet. [/b][/quote]

If you read the previous post i think you'll find Mite was referring to France.
Think about it...

I assumed in the previous post Spider referred to Argentina having a rock solid defence, not France.

Aye, i think you've got a point there actually.
I still think mite was referring to France.

Superb game by France. I hope they can keep the great level in the next games...
I would like that Ireland could keep the level they show us in the 6 nations.
Lets see what happens next.

I think that's something is broken in the present Irish group. Individualities are still so brilliant, but something like the cement between them has gone...

The question is now, can it be fixed, or rebuild, or this kind of surface lifting is just illusion, and a brand new unity, by calling new players is to create ???

Ireland Should Have Won That Match!
Why can't we produce results right now? I'm comletely frustrated. We were at the door of a try so many times and just couldn't make it happen. Ireland 6 months ago would have. What's different now?
:wall:
It was a hard fought match for both sides. I just wish the results were switched.

Well, I'm glad France stay in the tournament. They have the the power to do well, and they were smart and tenacious last night, like they were against Ireland at Croke Park. Problem is they're prone to playing it dumb, like against Arg and against England at Twickers. Good luck.

As for Ireland - I'm off to the Tongan embassy to pick up a new passport. Had to grow a giant afro for the photo.

Reddan was average. [/b]
Average in a team that generally performed shite, thats a positiove if you ask me (sad but true). He got **** ball all night and all he could do was try and clean it up. There is only so much a scrum half can do behind a pack that throws **** ball back. Reddan should retain his place easily for the match against Argentina. He did everything Stringer does, but has the potential to offer much more.

Blind patriotism aside, how can anyone possibly be so confident that Ireland will defeat Argentina? [/b]
There aint any Irish fans that think we can beat Argentina are there? I havent seen any of us ............ well I havent seen any of us on here at all since France, so I cant see where we've been trumpeting our chances. We're done. We always have a chance to bring out a performance but I cant see where it will come from.
from champagne to **** in less than a year, I'm speechless.[/b]
Try experiencing it from where I am. Painful doesnt begin to describe it.