• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Or France?

Ireland Or France?

• Ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, this noon (the game was at noon in Seattle) it was really funny. Watching the game in an aussy pub (no other place to watch rugby in this city), with many aussies, some NZlanders, fijians and samoans, the tongan who coaches the rugby team here, but mostly full of irish people, several frenches and some argentinian friends with me, the only one with the 'celeste y blanca', cheering for france at the beginning and for Ireland at the end (we didn't want France to get the 4 tries bonus).
I know that very different it would be the situation if we lost the first game, but it didn't happen, so lets enjoy!

My predictions (I am not very smart with them for this game, I have to say) are fitting into place.
Now the situation is as follows (to answer the question of this forum room): Who goes back home?

Actual points games
Arg 9 2
Ire 9 3
Fra 10 3
Geo 1 2
Nam 0 2

Possible final points, (star is the most likely result)
* Ar: + Ir, + Na 17, 18 or 19 (18, bonus from Nam, no bonus from Ire)
* Ar: - Ir, + Na 13, 14 or 15 (15, bonus from Nam and Ire)
* Ar: = Ir, + Na 15, 16, (16, but it not gonna happen)
Ar: + Ir, - Na 13, 14 or 15
Ar: - Ir, - Na 9, 10 or 11

* Ir: + Ar 13, 14 (14, no bonus from Arg)
* Ir: - Ar 9, 10 (go home)

* Fr: +Ge 14, 15 (15, bonus from Geo)
Fr: - Ge 10, 11

I think it is clear, but just in case I will tell you: IRELAND GO HOME :cryy: :cryy: :cryy: , AND FRANCE, GET READY THE LIGHT COLLOR VERSION OF YOUR SHIRTS BECAUSE YOUR BLUE THIS YEAR IS VERY DARK, NOT TOO DISTIGUISHABLE FROM BLACK :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

France will finish top, Ireland and Argentina will finish joint 2nd with Argentina going through on points difference.

I tell you now, you can all praise my superior rugby knowledge to the rest of the world this time next week.

France will finish top, Ireland and Argentina will finish joint 2nd with Argentina going through on points difference.

I tell you now, you can all praise my superior rugby knowledge to the rest of the world this time next week.
[/b]

And what about England? Will they retain their ***le? :bana: :bana: :bana:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

And what about England? Will they retain their ***le? :bana: :bana: :bana:
[/b][/quote]

What's that got to do with the price of sliced bread?

Stay on topic, you know the rules.

[/b]

If we finish joint second we'll go through cause that'll mean we'll have beaten Argentina which is the first thing to decide who goes through when sides are tied on points.

Isn't there one match left? Ireland versus ... forget their name.[/b]

No, there are three matches left. Georgia, that team that was as close as possible to beat Ireland, will play against Namibia (that team that scored two tries against Ireland) and France. And finally the first in the group will play the third.

Ireland have to score 4 tries versus Argentina to go through.

<div align="center">Merci Beaucoup.</span></span> </div>

Ireland have to score 4 tries versus Argentina to go through.

<div align="center">Merci Beaucoup.</span></span>
[/b][/quote]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn:

Those are cold numbers.... :cheers: