• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Namibia

from your point of view ... one of Irelands worst performances though, BTW well done on that try Portugal!

Thoroughly enjoyed that game. I was jumping up and down when Namibia scored their two tries (love supporting the underdogs).

Bad showing from Ireland, if they don't turn things around they are gonna be out of this sooner rather than later.

Excellent weekend of rugby all round.

Well, if there`s one thing that`ll have me very worried if I was an Ireland supporter, it would be the fact that their much-vaunted midfield was so easily neutralised by a very eager but poorly organised defense.

What I just can`t understand, is how come the Irish just couldn`t figure out that the Namibians were simply shooting up, as fast as possible, making the big hit on every opportunity. Had the Irish gone just a bit deeper, and moved it along the line quicker, well the Namibians were very narrow on defense the whole day long, with everybody jammed close in to the ball. I would`ve expected people like D`Arcy and BOD to have figured out that one quickly, and it would`ve been pretty easy to counter.

But they just didn`t and it is to the credit of the Namibians that they continued tackling until their shoulders dropped off, and then some. I`m still immensely proud of our Northern neighbours.

Irish fans keep.............. :lol2tn:
What exactly is your problem with the Irish? I simply dont understand where its coming from. Did you have an arguement in here with someone or something? You've made about 20 rugby related posts in the past 2 weeks and pretty much everyone of them consists of you saying Ireland or the Irish team is crap. No objectivity, nothing to back them up, just constant flaming.

Not one post as far as I could see related to the French team, nothing on the match v's Argentina. In fact, pretty much nothing on France full stop.

Well my english is too poor this is why i dont post too much here and i prefer just reading..but always i feel too much arrogance in irish fans posts while their team is crappy like u saw today thats why i lose control sometimes

Are you just a forum Troll (seem to be lots of them on here of late) or do you have anything useful to contribute?
[/quote]

:bleh!: well im a forum junkie

O`Gara was, in my opinion, one of the lowest points. He didn´t even use the feet efficiently, which is one of his strenghts.

What I just can`t understand, is how come the Irish just couldn`t figure out that the Namibians were simply shooting up, as fast as possible, making the big hit on every opportunity. Had the Irish gone just a bit deeper, and moved it along the line quicker, well the Namibians were very narrow on defense the whole day long, with everybody jammed close in to the ball. I would`ve expected people like D`Arcy and BOD to have figured out that one quickly, and it would`ve been pretty easy to counter. [/b]

Would you agree that it looked like England on fast forward? Ireland didn't really pick and drive that much but there are the similarities, especially when inexplicably failing to exploit overlaps.

there was too much arrogance in the approach from the Irish, there was just too much attempts at being flashy and not enough substance. Another worrying factor was the poor offloading, **** sake draw the man and take the tackle, stop thinking about games to come and screwing up the here and now.

<div class='quotemain'> Waited four years for this ... fly blown piece of **** :rahh: [/b]
Yep and it feels like its over after 80 mins. I'm gutted, simply gutted. The only positive's I can take from this was that were that we didnt lose, and that we didnt play like that against France or Argentina.

Main negatives are that we probably will play like that against both Argentina and France, so things are probably gonna get worse before they get better (we go home!).

From a Namibian point of view, I have to say they were pretty impressive. I dont want to take away from how bad Ireland were but these guys put some fantastic hits in. Their backrow was immense and they simply didt stop working for eachother. As the game went on they got better and better.

Irish fans keep.............. :lol2tn: [/b]
What exactly is your problem with the Irish? I simply dont understand where its coming from. Did you have an arguement in here with someone or something? You've made about 20 rugby related posts in the past 2 weeks and pretty much everyone of them consists of you saying Ireland or the Irish team is crap. No objectivity, nothing to back them up, just constant flaming.

Not one post as far as I could see related to the French team, nothing on the match v's Argentina. In fact, pretty much nothing on France full stop.

Are you just a forum Troll (seem to be lots of them on here of late) or do you have anything useful to contribute?

[/b][/quote]

Try being an England supporter! We have to put up with this crap all the time. Anyway, if you consider that France, in some quarters meant to be the standard bearer of NH rugby, lost to Argentina; and England, current World Champions (although well all know that was a different England compared to what we have now) struggled to beat USA a paltry 28 to 10 - and now Ireland, arguably also the NH standard bearer for Rugby, triple crown winners etc, struggle to beat Namibia, lowest ranking of the teams in this RWC, a paltry 32 to 17, a poorer points differnece than England's, then what does this tell you? For me, it tells me that we are all suffering Big Night nerves. At least that's what I am hoping. We all know France and Ireland are better than that, much better. And despite England's travails, they are too. The mark of good teams is that they still manage to win, even when playing poorly, and usually against teams who are playing at 150% effort in order to state their case. I am fervently hoping that this has been the situation here. France's next match is against Namibia, and I would expect them to win. If they don't, it'll be bye-bye, and I can't see that happening. They've too much to prove now. Of course, Namibia, buoyed up with their performance against Ireland will be full of vim and vigour, but I can't see them winning. France may not win well, perhaps, but they'll win.

Ireland's next match is against Georgia. Unknown's but no mugs. However, same as France v Namibia, Ireland ought to win this.

However, England face the Boks, Habana is currently on fire, and unless England suddenly decide to click, and play rugby, they may well be in for a hammering. I still believe they have the ability to beat the Boks, but they have to believe they have the ability to do so too.

It's still early days yet, and there's more surpises to come.

I've never been quick to condemn teams that don't perform to expectations, but quick to retaliate to those who do. Now you may know why........

well regardless of selection we have not performed since the final game of the 6 Nations which is worrying for a side with a plan on making a serious impression on the tournament so I do not think it is a case of condemning them quickly, when in 5 tests they just have not played anyway near their ability. The fact that EOS is worried about Georgia is worrying in itself.

I don't understand why we played like we did. We should have stuck to the same gameplan that we would have used if we were playing against any 'bigger fish' nation. This running it out from our own 22 was total horse ****. Nothing was learned, confidence in players was shattered, and if we don't get the finger out now, we can pack the bags

that's the same gameplan we've been using for the last 2 years but unfortunately the execution was appalling, handling errors were off the scale, granted we did need to play slightly more territory but I was rather confused by the Reuters report that said Ireland didn't stick to their traditional territory and set-piece dominant gameplan, quite possibly another clown sent to cover his first world cup and writing based on assumptions.

I don't understand why we played like we did. We should have stuck to the same gameplan that we would have used if we were playing against any 'bigger fish' nation. This running it out from our own 22 was total horse ****. Nothing was learned, confidence in players was shattered, and if we don't get the finger out now, we can pack the bags [/b]

I undrestand why they did. Namibia scrapped, battled and thuroughly enjoyed the physical stuff and by the second half were almost bullying the Irish. They slowed down Irish ball, competed for everything and won every 50/50 ball, this is why in the end Ireland were forced to run the ball out from their own 22. The worryung thing for the Irish is Argentina play just as doggedly in the forwards but with a backline capable of matching their opponents.

Sloppy passes and overall bad gameplay made Ireland look like the "minows" of the game. Namibia deserved their 2 tries , but as any team with potential Ireland ended up beating them. Most of the Irish felt as though it was a defeat , seems like the minows are putting up more of a fight then expected - USA/Canada/Namibia , but none of them will qualify , so its all going to come down to the big teams anyways.

I expect Ireland to pick up their game once they play their first high ranked match against France. If they havent done it by then , they dont deserve to leave their group.

Hopefully ROG will pick-up on his game , aswell as Hickie/POC/ most of the team. Now that theyve realized what mistakes they were making they can work on it.

Fair play Namibia though , good game.

To be fair, calling Ireland "Triple Crown winners" is like calling Kurt Angle the "Olympic Champion" or calling Matt Skelton "WBO Champion", sounds good but doesn't really mean much.

If you think about it, Ireland have the most potential out of the Home Nations and thus the most to prove out of all of the NH.

I`m looking foward for Ireland`s first match in this RWC. Anyone knows when they will play??

Mite, the guy is just trying to disguise his posts as legitemate in order to surpass his quota.