France World Cup Training Squad

bushytop

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Bastareaud and Parra left out is the big news.

France squad
Forwards

Poirot (Bordeaux-Begles), Priso (La Rochelle), Guirado (Toulon, capt), Chat (Racing 92), Mauvaka (Toulouse), Setiano (Toulon), Slimani (Clermont), Bamba (Brive), Vahaamahina (Clermont), Lambey (Lyon), B Le Roux (Racing 92), Gabrillagues (Stade Francais), Iturria (Clermont), Y Camara (Montpellier), Lauret (Racing 92), Alldritt (La Rochelle), Picamoles (Montpellier)

Backs

A Dupont (Toulouse), Serin (Bordeaux-Begles), Machenaud (Racing 92), Ntamack (Toulouse), Lopez (Clermont), Fofana (Clermont), Fickou (Stade Francais), Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Guitoune (Toulouse), Huget (Toulouse), Penaud (Clermont), Raka (Clermont), Ramos (Toulouse), Medard (Toulouse)

Reserves

Falgoux (Clermont), Ollivon (Toulon), F Cros (Toulouse), Willemse (Montpellier), Belleau (Toulon), Rattez (La Rochelle)

Raka? Isnt he a beast of a winger?

Thats not good i think para and b*stard should start every game especially against england ;)

Shame Teddy Thomas won't be at the WC, love watching him play...

Injured or just... excluded.
He's suffered injuries in the last couple of seasons, he got injured in his comeback just before the 6N and he's also had discipline issues, there was the Scotland incident during the 2018 6N for which he was dropped whilst being in top form and I believe he was injured for the entire 2019 6N, so he's been in and out, BBC simply saying he's been left out..

Last edited:
He's suffered injuries in the last couple of seasons, he got injured in his comeback just before the 6N and he's also had discipline issues, there was the Scotland incident during the 2018 6N for which he was dropped whilst being in top form and I believe he was injured for the entire 2019 6N, so he's been in and out, BBC simply saying he's been left out..

As you say, real shame.

Bastareaud is the big shock I guess,. Parra is less of a shock as he's injured, but that's surely the bigger blow for them.

Good to see a coach picking in form players for the national team. Toulouse and Clermont shone in the top 14 this season and make up the majority of the squad.
Sofiane Guitoune has had a great season and is picked over Bastareaud on merit imho.

Matthieu has announced his retirement.
Was never a fan of his. However his shafting by the FFR is a disgrace. Shows once again the union have no selection policy. Just hit&miss. And no loyalty to a player they still described as their 'vice captain' 3mths ago.
Bastareaud's club form didn't justify his inclusion in 6N back in January. Plain simple. That was the time to send him the message and pick a much more talented player like Virimi Vakatawa.
Everyone's a loser with the union. Bastareaud and guys like Vakatawa - among the league top scorers - who get left out over a less talented guy who shud never have been in.
The union don't have a team. Wattbike team maybe.

France squad
Forwards

Poirot (Bordeaux-Begles), Priso (La Rochelle), Guirado (Toulon, capt), Chat (Racing 92), Mauvaka (Toulouse), Setiano (Toulon), Slimani (Clermont), Bamba (Brive), Vahaamahina (Clermont), Lambey (Lyon), B Le Roux (Racing 92), Gabrillagues (Stade Francais), Iturria (Clermont), Y Camara (Montpellier), Lauret (Racing 92), Alldritt (La Rochelle), Picamoles (Montpellier)

Backs

A Dupont (Toulouse), Serin (Bordeaux-Begles), Machenaud (Racing 92), Ntamack (Toulouse), Lopez (Clermont), Fofana (Clermont), Fickou (Stade Francais), Doumayrou (La Rochelle), Guitoune (Toulouse), Huget (Toulouse), Penaud (Clermont), Raka (Clermont), Ramos (Toulouse), Medard (Toulouse)

Reserves

Falgoux (Clermont), Ollivon (Toulon), F Cros (Toulouse), Willemse (Montpellier), Belleau (Toulon), Rattez (La Rochelle)
GO go go les bleus

Nice to see some French positivity on here... haven't seen it for a while.
He was joking.

That Brunel group is like Swiss cheese. I call it the Gruyère group. Full of holes.

They're missing Virimi Vakatawa top try scorers with 17 tries! Sekou Macalou. Voted best 6 and 2nd best trackler in T14. That's just for starters, don't get me started.

But hey they have picked Donkey Doumayrou at centre who's yet to score a try at test level. Hilarious. New season of Monty Python rugby coming up in September...

He was joking.

That Brunel group is like Swiss cheese. I call it the Gruyère group. Full of holes.

They're missing Virimi Vakatawa top try scorers with 17 tries! Sekou Macalou. Voted best 6 and 2nd best trackler in T14. That's just for starters, don't get me started.

But hey they have picked Donkey Doumayrou who's has yet to score a try at test level. Hilarious. New season of Monty Python rugby coming up in September...

I was joking too... if I were French and had to witness their decline, I'd probably do something extremely stupid.

I was joking too... if I were French and had to witness their decline, I'd probably do something extremely stupid.
what will happen if Fiji beat Wales. How stupid could you get?

Latest posts