• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

From the tournament that is far too competitive for a Grand Slam - Pro 14 - R.18

Choke tackle off a kick and he gives them the scrum... He doesn't know the rules well enough to fix a game!

We're hiding JGP at 11 in D and 15 in attack I think. No chance of a win here.

At least Munster did us a favour against Scarlets so we're still top but this is going to be a missed opportunity to pull clear. Twice in row away in Wales pffft.

EDIT: And there they go.

Nice kick from Lukey for the try. He's really improved in the last two years.

Our mostly third choice pack is doing a good job of justifying their mostly third choice status.

I hate criticizing referees because it comes across as being a sore loser. Having said that, laws John Lacey isn't implementing tonight include foot in touch, forward pass, not tackling for 10 metres from a quick tap penalty and realising that a maul turnover can't occur when a player catches a high ball yet can't make a footballing move.

It must be said that Ospreys are far better than Leinster tonight. Alun Wyn Jones and Justin Tipuric have been immense.

Not watching Leinster game so can't comment. However heard ye have been hit hard with injuries and Jack McGrath looking like he has no energy. Bit Lacey was not even worst ref performance today I'm sure of that

****** by injuries, four half backs in the backline, terrible performance by the pack and we didn't wise up to the fact that their only weapon in defence was the choke tackle. Deserved L, new personnel will help next week, McFadden, Larmour and DK injuries force Lowe in and JGP out probably. Not bad to go into the most important game of the season off the back of an embarrassing loss rather than the high of a slam which only some were a part of.

Not watching Leinster game so can't comment. However heard ye have been hit hard with injuries and Jack McGrath looking like he has no energy. Bit Lacey was not even worst ref performance today I'm sure of that
Anybody can have a bad game including referees. Leinster have no real right to whinge about him given how they themselves played today. Howver if this wasn't the worst refereeing performance today, the Pro14 has a big problem.

Thought Rory O'Loughlin played well for Leinster.

Anybody can have a bad game including referees. Leinster have no real right to whinge about him given how they themselves played today. Howver if this wasn't the worst refereeing performance today, the Pro14 has a big problem.

Thought Rory O'Loughlin played well for Leinster.
Not sure if you saw our game Snoop. Bit it would take a lot to be worst than it today. Scott Quinell even said it in tunnel after that it was 1 of worst he seen in years.
On Lacey he isn't a great ref I agree and while I can't comment much on today for us as I seen nothing I'm just of the opinion it's a tough gig but the standard of refs in Pro14 is very poor compared to England and France

The pack was very very poor and it only got worse when the subs came on. Even the likes of McGrath and Fardy didn't cover themselves in glory.

I feel sorry for JGP because he was brilliant tonight but won't get a look in for next week because we're down to bare bones on the wing. O'Loughlin played well at 13 but it's not his natural position IMO. I understand we've got loads of wingers and hardly any centres but he'd have earned an invite to Carton House if he was playing on the wing. Could he maybe make the bench next week though with the injuries we've got on the wing?

Hard to find any positives really but at least Luke looked sharp as well as Carbery showing his class by playing pretty well in a scratch backline in a position that he's never played in before.

On Lacey reffing is a tough job but the standard of refereeing in the league is very very poor and is a problem that needs to be addressed. The right teams won on both occasions today but the call for the double movement in the Munster game was one if the worst I've seen in a long time.

Lol all I have seen is a lot of Irish moaning / complaining about the officiating tonight particularly the refs. Leinster were beaten handily by ospreys so no complaint there . Munster had some tmo ONE tmo descion go against them ( a try all day ) . The j. Davies trip was a 50/50 call depending on your bias , my opinion is it wasn't a yellow card offence. Apart from that the ref done a decent job , I thought he could of penalised Munster for deliberately slowing the ball down and a obvious high tackle on shingler but apart from that he reffed it good . The better team deserved the win overall that was Munster .

Lol all I have seen is a lot of Irish moaning / complaining about the officiating tonight particularly the refs. Leinster were beaten handily by ospreys so no complaint there . Munster had some tmo ONE tmo descion go against them ( a try all day ) . The j. Davies trip was a 50/50 call depending on your bias , my opinion is it wasn't a yellow card offence. Apart from that the ref done a decent job , I thought he could of penalised Munster for deliberately slowing the ball down and a obvious high tackle on shingler but apart from that he reffed it good . The better team deserved the win overall that was Munster .
Did you or did you not say we had the ref in our pocket and then complain about several decisions before complaining about the Irish complaining when you felt the decisions benefited you.
We quite clearly didn't have the ref in our pocket I think you'd now agree.

Lol all I e seen is a lot of Irish moaning / complaining about the officiating tonight particularly the refs. Leinster were beaten handily by ospreys so no complaint there . Munster had some tmo ONE tmo descion go against them ( a try all day ) . The j. Davies trip was a 50/50 call depending on your bias , my opinion is it wasn't a yellow card offence. Apart from that the ref done a decent job , I thought he could of penalised Munster for deliberately slowing the ball down and a obvious high tackle on shingler but apart from that he reffed it good . The better team deserved the win overall that was Munster .

I don't think anyone is disputing that the right teams won, but the standard of officiating in the league is undeniably poor. Whatever about poor application of the rules, plenty of the refs in the league don't know the rules in the first place. The call on the double movement was ridiculous but there were some decisions that would have annoyed me if I was a Scarlets fan as well. Lacey is not up to the required standard and is still one if the top refs ffs. Ospreys won handily and deservedly so but that doesn't change the fact that the standard of officiating in the league is embarrassingly poor.

Lol all I e seen is a lot of Irish moaning / complaining about the officiating tonight particularly the refs. Leinster were beaten handily by ospreys so no complaint there . Munster had some tmo ONE tmo descion go against them ( a try all day ) . The j. Davies trip was a 50/50 call depending on your bias , my opinion is it wasn't a yellow card offence. Apart from that the ref done a decent job , I thought he could of penalised Munster for deliberately slowing the ball down and a obvious high tackle on shingler but apart from that he reffed it good . The better team deserved the win overall that was Munster .

I disagree about the trip obviously. Even if it wasn't a yellow card offence (no real objection there) it should have at least been a penalty.

There were high tackles both ways that the referee missed. There was an obvious foot in touch that was missed during a Munster break too. It just wasn't a good performance from the officials in that game today. It's not sour grapes to call that out. There should be some accountability when the referees don't perform. That way you would hope they sort out the issues before they officiate a game where those calls could be the difference between a win and a loss.

Given where Munster are on the table right now, the difference between 4 or 5 points is negligible, so ultimately the disallowed try didn't matter. But the TMO/referee did cost us a point on the table by disallowing the try. In other circumstances that could have been important.

Aye, two nothing games from teams with 1st and 2nd all but wrapped up with bigger fish to fry next week, our league deserves better refs than we have. You should be ****** by the standards too because Lacey made some poor calls against the O's too, can't speak for the Munster game was only half watching, rather than using it to antagonise other fans of the league.

Complaining about a ref =/= bitter, you just have to look at the England v Wales thread... ;)

Conference B is getting exciting.
Only 5 points between 1st and 3rd and only 1 point between 4th and 5th.

What does the Pro 14 go on equal points? Wins (Like the prem) or TBP and Points difference?

although looking at Leinster games remaining they should walk it.
Zebre (Home) - 5 points
Connacht (Away) - 4/5 points
Treviso (Home) - 5 points

Scarlets have
Glasgow (Home)
Edinburgh (Away)
Dragons (Away)

Edinburgh
Ulster (Home)
Scarlets (Home)
Glasgow (Home)

Edinburgh have the toughest run in but all home.

(Look at me getting all excited about the pro 14 I feel dirty)

Latest posts