• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gamepad controls for the PC-HELP!!

N

nickroffy

Hi guys

anyone out there who plays rugby 06 on the PC, using PS2 controllers via a usb adaptor? if so could would it be possible for someone to post the correct game controls?
ive got the passsing sorted, but how do i get the receiver to run onto the ball?
if anyone could post a full list of controls that would be great

Cheers!

i use a Logitech rumblepad 2 to play on PC, but was just up my mate's and he used the PS2 adapter. The buttons were not mapped the same as my Rumblepad (which caused immiense confusion!), but from what I can remember ;

upper left trigger was change player,
upper right trigger was sprint,
lower left trigger was pass left
upper right triger was pas right
circle button was like my "2" button (punt, offload, etc)

Can't remember other buttons, you'll just have to use trial and error. If you go to "free play" in the practice mode, then run around the pitch on your own, trying moves, I think that the button you press on the PS2 pad will indicate on the controller icon on the screen, so you can see what button is what.

Re the issue about players running onto the ball, I believe that when you are about to pass out from a ruck/maul, if you push forward on the left thumbstick, you will start the outside half running forward, so he takes the ball on the run. I think this is the only way of getting supporting players to run onto passes, they tend to do it automatically way better than in R2005 anyway.

Cheers

thanks very much! much appreciated, i think you're right, trial and error is the best way, i managed it for rugby2005 so shouldn't be a problem after few hours of play!

cheers

Hello,
I'm French, so I have the game the next friday and I think buy the game on PC to play with my PS2 controller and I would like to know if the controls are the same with PS2 version or if it's possible to change control and if the maniability is good ?
Thank's

the controls will be different from playing the game on a PS2, however im pretty sure you can change the controls so they are the same as the PS2 version, but now i am used to the PC controls i dont think ill bother!

Originally posted by nickroffy@Feb 13 2006, 12:29 AM
the controls will be different from playing the game on a PS2, however im pretty sure you can change the controls so they are the same as the PS2 version, but now i am used to the PC controls i dont think ill bother!
In Rugby 2005, you cannot change the control mapping when you used a PS2 pad on PC :(.

So I have buy the game this morning. :)
But I have un big problem. :(
I play on PC with PS2 controller but the pass left is L1 the pass right is L2 and a lot of other command change and is very bad. The analog joystick don't function, so I can't do side step ,impact, etc...
So I would like to know if somebody play with PS2 controller and if you have the same problem?
Thank's

Originally posted by Ensta@Feb 16 2006, 12:32 AM
I play on PC with PS2 controller but the pass left is L1 the pass right is L2 and a lot of other command change and is very bad. The analog joystick don't function, so I can't do side step ,impact, etc...
So I would like to know if somebody play with PS2 controller and if you have the same problem?
Thank's
I had the same behaviour in rugby 2005.
This means HB didn't fix that on the 2k6 version :(

Originally posted by shogun2k1+Feb 16 2006, 12:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ensta
@Feb 16 2006, 12:32 AM
Thank's
I had the same behaviour in rugby 2005.
This means HB didn't fix that on the 2k6 version :([/b]
There is no way to configure it ? If so that's a shame !

I have 2 SAITEK P880 pads and a tool to configure them manually but I doubt it will work with R06.
Anyone have this pad ?

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Feb 12 2006, 11:06 AM
i use a Logitech rumblepad 2 to play on PC, but was just up my mate's and he used the PS2 adapter. The buttons were not mapped the same as my Rumblepad (which caused immiense confusion!), but from what I can remember ;

Can't remember other buttons, you'll just have to use trial and error. If you go to "free play" in the practice mode, then run around the pitch on your own, trying moves, I think that the button you press on the PS2 pad will indicate on the controller icon on the screen, so you can see what button is what.

Re the issue about players running onto the ball, I believe that when you are about to pass out from a ruck/maul, if you push forward on the left thumbstick, you will start the outside half running forward, so he takes the ball on the run. I think this is the only way of getting supporting players to run onto passes, they tend to do it automatically way better than in R2005 anyway.

Cheers
GarVanNeath...have u got rugby 06???
if u do..can you please let me know if you can use the right analogue stick to perfor sidesteps, fends etc with the Logitech Rubmle Pad????
i have the same pad...but in 2005 you couldnt use the right analogue stick to peform those actions.

Originally posted by nik+Feb 15 2006, 11:38 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-GarVanNeath
@Feb 12 2006, 11:06 AM

Cheers
GarVanNeath...have u got rugby 06???
if u do..can you please let me know if you can use the right analogue stick to perfor sidesteps, fends etc with the Logitech Rubmle Pad????
i have the same pad...but in 2005 you couldnt use the right analogue stick to peform those actions. [/b]

I doubt you can use the stick for sidesteps, I've got the same pad but only use the buttons for side steps and fends etc It works though

I’ve lost the other thread that talked about this, but has anybody managed to get the mappings for an Xbox controller working for the PC version. I tried modifying the csv file in the Data directory that maps out the different controllers, but didn’t have much luck.

Any boffins out there willing to help?

Originally posted by Kirwan@Feb 16 2006, 11:36 PM
I’ve lost the other thread that talked about this, but has anybody managed to get the mappings for an Xbox controller working for the PC version. I tried modifying the csv file in the Data directory that maps out the different controllers, but didn’t have much luck.

Well I don't have the game so I can't help you for now ... but I have a question for you :

What are the different controllers in the csv file ?

Btw, someone told me that actually you can configure your controller during a match... Dunno if it is true !

Originally posted by empppapy@Feb 16 2006, 11:42 AM

Btw, someone told me that actually you can configure your controller during a match... Dunno if it is true !

During friendlies you can switch controllers, but I'm not sure about confuiguring them.

Originally posted by empppapy+Feb 16 2006, 11:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kirwan
@Feb 16 2006, 11:36 PM

Well I don't have the game so I can't help you for now ... but I have a question for you :

What are the different controllers in the csv file ?

Btw, someone told me that actually you can configure your controller during a match... Dunno if it is true ! [/b]
Theres about thirty, I'm at "work" so I can't list them.

I couldn't see a way to re-map them in game.

Ahh, couldn’t find the thread because it was another forum :)

The text was;

“The only way you can edit the buttons is edit the controltypes in the data folder default is C:/Program Files/EA SPORTS/EA SPORTS Rugby 06/Data
you will need microsoft Excel to edit your type of controllerâ€

Knowing where to do it is only half the battle though, it’s pretty confusing to work out the mappings.

Originally posted by Kirwan@Feb 17 2006, 12:04 AM

The text was;

“The only way you can edit the buttons is edit the controltypes in the data folder default is C:/Program Files/EA SPORTS/EA SPORTS Rugby 06/Data

Knowing where to do it is only half the battle though, it’s pretty confusing to work out the mappings.
Yes I saw that as well.
It may be long to remap everything but I think it's worth giving it a try !
Keep us posted B)

Originally posted by empppapy+Feb 17 2006, 01:15 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kirwan
@Feb 17 2006, 12:04 AM

The text was;

Yes I saw that as well.
It may be long to remap everything but I think it's worth giving it a try !
Keep us posted B) [/b]
Ideally, we could as the equiviliant of Trevor from Swordfish over at EA what's needed in that line.

Any EA surfers on this forum?

I'd like to know if the pad SAITEK p880 is supported or not ?

Because I want this game mainly for multiplayer and thus I still hesitate about buying it or not :blink:

Latest posts