• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gaming news

I'll never spend money on a micro transaction in a game ever. Maybe it's an age thing but if a game is full of transactions, I won't buy it.
Pretty much the same
Only micro transactions I've ever done was buying the Jurassic Park jeep and BTTF Delorian in rocket league - but they were only about £1 each and I got the game for free and put more hours into it than any other PS4 game so felt they earned it

They even looked at buying Nintendo, but the negative reaction from gamers would go against them

I know we're heading this way, but I really don't like the move away from physical media. It's not that it's physical, but more that our rights go with it. Unless you're using something like gog, all downloadable games are locked behind some form of drm where we need to be online.

I know we're heading this way, but I really don't like the move away from physical media. It's not that it's physical, but more that our rights go with it. Unless you're using something like gog, all downloadable games are locked behind some form of drm where we need to be online.
The biggest thing for me is the loss of the ability to sell / loan a game that you own. CEX and similar businesses are going to need a rethink pretty sharpish. Also, there's the worry of vendors pulling the plug on the ability to download games you're paid for.

The biggest thing for me is the loss of the ability to sell / loan a game that you own. CEX and similar businesses are going to need a rethink pretty sharpish. Also, there's the worry of vendors pulling the plug on the ability to download games you're paid for.
They had this with a game called Anno 2070. You could upgrade something called your "ark" which gave all sorts of bonuses in the single player game and could be retained between games. This and DLC were linked to being online. Not online? You lose your ark. The game servers were then taken down so people completely lost their arks and DLC. They since migrated the servers due to backlash but still haven't made either unlocked offline. Considering the game is 12 years old now and not exactly a money spinner, nor is online paid for, there is really no reason for this and it's just a stupid anti-piracy measure that serves no purpose any more. At any time they could just switch off the servers again and that's all gone.

Hell they haven't even implemented this in their newer games as far as I'm aware, which makes it doubly ridiculous it's still in place.

Looks like the Trash can design nicked from Apple's max pro which flopped.

Looks like the Trash can design nicked from Apple's max pro which flopped.
I just see an alexa device 😅

Yeah, it's concerning. Disney+ for example have pulled content from their service and we have no access to it now. No dvd, no digital download etc, nothing. It might not be good, but some people might have liked it and ironically the only way to access it now would probably be through piracy.

Last edited:
The Xbox naming "convention" is baffling. Why is it so hard for all these companies to just go 1, 2, 3 or after the year?

The Xbox naming "convention" is baffling. Why is it so hard for all these companies to just go 1, 2, 3 or after the year?
Xbox didn't want xbox 2 vs PlayStation 3 because it sounded weaker, so they went with xbox 360. Since then they've completely messed it up with the names.

Yeah, it's concerning. Disney+ for example have pulled content from their service and we have no access to it now. No dvd, no digital download etc, nothing. It might not be good, but some people might have liked it and ironically the only way to access it now would probably be through piracy.
This is apples and oranges as far as I can see. When you subscribe to a streaming service, you're paying for access to whatever selection of their content they choose to serve up at any given time. Nobody subscribes to Disney+ thinking that it grants them lifetime access to Disney's back catalogue. People who buy a digital download game could be forgiven for thinking that they are buying the ability to play that game whenever they want, in the same way that it has worked for the majority of the history of physical media.

This is apples and oranges as far as I can see. When you subscribe to a streaming service, you're paying for access to whatever selection of their content they choose to serve up at any given time. Nobody subscribes to Disney+ thinking that it grants them lifetime access to Disney's back catalogue. People who buy a digital download game could be forgiven for thinking that they are buying the ability to play that game whenever they want, in the same way that it has worked for the majority of the history of physical media.
I get that, but you can see the issue, right? If downloads or streaming become the only method due to demand, what about those that want to actually own a copy of their favourite film or game?

That's the bit that I don't like. It's rare of course, but some games I do want to own as I go back to them. If that option is taken away and we're only allowed access to them via streaming etc and it's not always there, then what can I do?

Also, there's the cultural relevance to think of. We may not realise it, but our stories told through media would now be under these companies control and they can alter or remove as they see fit.

Plus, let's be honest, do you really trust these companies? If everyone is tied to them, they can just increase the cost or do as they wish as there is no alternatives. Disney own pretty much everything in TV/ Film nowadays and xbox and buying up loads, so 🤷‍♂️

I dunno. I don't think it's a healthy direction or good for us as consumers that's for sure. Currently the only option for downloadable games are gog. You download it and have full access to it. For consoles, it's physical or nothing.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Bit concerning as the leaked documents say if MS don't see a good turnaround for game pass by around 2027, they might pull back on the gaming division. Xbox own a *lot* of studio's. A lot of UK ones too.

Still one of the ugliest consoles I've seen 😅
I still prefer the design of this PS5 to the XBSX. Better horizontal than vertical under a big 4K TV than vertical next to a monitor IMO.

But it will be interesting to see if shrinking the console affects the fan noise. Apparently the digital only version an external 4K blu ray drive can be added later as an attachment but it will cost more in the long run than getting disc based version.

Latest posts