Gasier to Union?

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by The TRUTH, Mar 16, 2006.

1. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

FOX SPORTS.COM.AU
    I dont care what team he plays for i just wanna see him playing Union,and eventually for the Wallabies.

Theres talk of him becoming the highest payed player in either code..... if he decides to play real Rugby there saying he could be paid close to $800,000 a season......... not bad work if you can get it.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. I've heard he may be coming to Saints to replace Lyon...

4. loratadine

loratadine Guest

e should go to union - i always love it when a league player jumps code to union. it gives league a taste of there own medicine
    1980's anyone?

5. ak47

ak47 Guest

I'll be honost with yas if Gasnier continues this type of form throughout his career, he will go down 1 better than Mal Meninga as a centre

Hopefully he goes to Union........the Tahs, and Wallabies........i like the guy but i hate the dragons..........he has earned me a good $500.00 worth of 1st ty scorers

6. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

I've heard that he feels he let Wigan down a couple of years ago and would still like to join.

7. sanzar

sanzar Guest

No it doesn't you silly welshman! The reason Union lost so many players in the years before professionalism is purely the fault of its administrators for being pompus private school boys that took more than 100 years to realise that paying its players would be good for the game!

8. i heard he ran over a little girls cat last week and outta guilt he will play in her net ball team next year

he and cooper are the best centre combo in league..when i look at the aussie union team they do not really need midfielders do they?...mortlock,turinui,rodgers,tuquri and heaps of there yungins are all lifting there hands to fill that spot..they dont really need him at this point of time

they need genuine playmakers..barnes was a good snatch but i would love to see andrew johns walk the rugby pitch

800,000 gz?.. :) ..if its money ya want then unions the place

9. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Yeah but why wouldn't you want him...... give him a couple of years and he'll be the best centre in union aswell, he's well worth the $$$ if ya ask me.

I think they plan on making him an inside centre

10. give him a couple of years?...im still waiting on wendall sailor to become great..

and in a couple of years...u must not forget next years world cup where if i was the aussie coach id depend on the players that hold experience in that position and the talent they have been brewing there rather then a rookie centre...in the test scene

11. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Dell is a bit old but he's still a very good player.

Tuqiri and Rogers are two of the best players in the World ...... so i cant see Gasnier beeing any different.

I doubt they would consider him for the WC if he switched next year ........although....... the other 3 ex league players had only played a year before the 03 WC and they did alright

12. ak47

ak47 Guest

I'd rather Gasnier play for the Tah or Wallabies than terrorise my Raiders in the NRL

Go to union Gasnier.........i am sick of ur ability on the wrong team :wall:

Potentially could pip past Big Mal as best centre to ever play in league :(

Yes sir go to union..........NOW :ph34r:

13. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Did you hear it from the source that said Justin Marshall would play in the WCC for Leeds when he had said that he wasn't leaving till after the Lions series.

And i'm still personally waiting on "the greatest union player of all time" Henry Paul

14. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

No, i don't think he'll be a centre - he'll by fly-half! Come to the brumbies gaz, we need a replacement for larkham!

15. Mr. Laxative

Mr. Laxative Guest

wendell stinks he'll probably retire after the RWC when he's 30 or 31, but I doubt conno will even give him a run. That was the worst move ARU ever made in buying dell... his worst part is defence and he was coming in just when they were working out how to tackle players of lomu's size so that was a hige disadvantage to him coming in that late - when he was 28 or something.

16. The TRUTH

The TRUTH Guest

Bullshit..... Dell is one of the most well known Rugby players in OZ, even if he hasn't produced as much on field as they expected, in terms of marketing its been a huge success.

He's been worth the money they payed for him just for the amount of intrest he's created in Australian Rugby.

17. He's a bit busy playing in the Commonwealth Sevens!

18. Ripper

Ripper Guest

And the couple of years before that?

19. A bit busy being trash.

20. wigan_rlfc

wigan_rlfc Guest

All I said was he was the best fly half England had at that particular time.

21. Wally

Wally Guest

Getting Wendell was the best thing the ARU could have done. Don't you realise the amount of publicity and money he's brought to our code? He's also a handy player - picked up two tries tonight against the Force.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!