• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgia in Pro12 ?

Well said.
I'm really looking forward to the u20 world championships this year, an improvement from last year would be excellent and show they're moving in the right direction. Do you feel there's players there in the u20s that are good enough to break into the first team? I've only seen highlights of last year's world champs but the scrum half looked very good especially with his goal kicking which is something that the senior side is lacking.
I agree regarding money, Georgia have fallen on their feet in that regard and they've been given excellent financial backing. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get a half decent club side together to compete. They've certainly got the money for it after all.

Already 10 players from the last U20 WC played for the first team and took part of the 6 Nations B this season.
The most known is scrumhalf Vasil Lobzhanidze (already 21 caps) who played 2015 RWC at 18. Others are props Mataradze (3 caps), Melikidze (3 caps) and Tabidze (4 caps), flankers Tsutskiridze (4 caps) and Giorgadze (4 caps), eightman Gorgadze (11 caps), scrumhalf Aprasidze (2 caps), centre Koshadze (5 caps) and fullback Svanidze (3 caps)

The scrum half goalkicker you speak about is Gela Aprasidze, he will play this U20 WC and even the 2018 one considering he is born 1998. Also tighthead prop Tabidze (who was named in the U20 team of the tournament last year) will be there too (born 1997).
Other players born 1997 who played last U20 are Cheishvili (prop), Spanderashvili (flanker), Modzgvrishvili (flyhalf), Kveseladze (centre), Meskhi (winger), Miminoshvili (winger) and Modebadze (fullback).
However, I don't see this team reach a better result than last year (I hope to have wrong). The 1996 generation is particulary talented, the 1997 one looks a bit less impressive.

Latest posts