• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v Munster

A funny game so far... It's definately been all Gloucester but those 3 misseed Patterson kicks have have left Glouster looking shakey. Munster just seem to, or look to be scoring from counter attack.

Well pure humble pie for me, Kidney was bang on with his selections so fair dues, it's been a while since O'Connell played that well but he stepped up to the mark today, back row outstanding, hugely important that in such a massive game that Foley wasn't missed. Back 3 all played well, thought the turnover by Dowling when Gloucester were starting to assert themselves was a huge turning point and what a grubber from Hurley for Dougie's try. The turnover count told the story of the match, quality effort from Munster all round.

Dont mean to rub it in but this really was men against boys. Glouster offered a lot of huff and puff, but when it came down to it, Munster were the real deal.

I`ve had the worst day in history. Went to work early this morning 5am found someone had slashed my front tyre(not unusual round here).Parked my car in Clifton in Bristol to go and see some of my staff who have been doing a night shift. Come back after taking them out for breakfast and find my car has gone.The f***ing clampers had ad it away.Contacted the place where they take the vehicles and they had no record of my car being taken. This went on all day so I called the police to report my car as stolen and on the next call to the compound all of a sudden my car has arrived(2pm). By now Im evil after getting a taxi which arrived half an hour late to the compound so I explode with rage at the c*** behind the glass who is demanding a **** load of cash for my motors release.I stupidly tell them to keep the car cos I`m loaded and can afford to buy another one today for cash(obviously I cant as Im just a normal working guy). I now have to go back on Monday and pay the fine and look an absolute idiot. Also I missed the game.

Great win. I think Munster outclassed Gloucester in every department except for the scrum (Horan was a huge loss). Howlett, Hurley, Quinlan, Mafi and Tipoki were all superb and Dowling and O'Leary more than justified there selection.

Hurly deseves to play for ireland in the future Mafi and Tipoki were unreal they made tons of tackles great offloads and sucked in a load of players into the Centre creating space out wide Howlet and dowling were solid in defense good under the high ball and took their chances well and the whole pack played class
They would have lost any way but i think Gloucester were missing Akapusi Qera

Well one thing you can be sure of as well after today is that it won't feel like an away semi-final regardless of whether it's at the Millennium or the Ricoh Arena, outstanding support again from the fans.

Great game for Munster absolutly dominated Gloucster pack!!!!

Well deserved win!

So much going on in that match. We won with two beautiful tries, but Gloucester could have had two for themselves, except Munster's wide defence gambled on cutting out the wide passes.

Kidney's selection turned out perfect. Tipoki and Mafi had good games, but so did O'Leary, Hurley and Dowling. Leinster's stranglehold on three-quarters quality in Ireland is in danger, and I'd be pencilling in Reddan's P45 at this stage.

Moment of the match was a contact rip by Tipoki/Mafi (too many beers to remember) in the second half on the near touchline in Munster's 22 - huge spirit and skill. In second place: the realisation that Howlett wasn't taken out as he offloaded to Hurley, and so was free to follow up the brilliant grubber for the second try - basic mistake by Gloucester.

Only worry - Buckley's substitution. Not sure we have the scrum to take this championship. And the maul didn't go anywhere. But the lineout and breakdown work is superior.

Lamb is talented, but too flip and jokey for a grown up tournament. And what a moment for Paterson to choke on his own vomit! "Manic Depression ..." etc! (sorry, Jimmy Hendrix and all that.)

p.s. Danny, I feel your pain. Honk!
[/b]
Thanks shtove, almost glad I didnt make it to the game after watching it on TV last night.
I have to give a massive amount of credit to Munster who were so strong at the breakdown and every contact area apart from the scrum. Gloucester didnt produce really quick ball all day and we completely mauled.The time for excuses from dean Ryan are over, he has started to sound like David O`Leary at Leeds, cos for the last 3 years he says we are such a young team that we cant expect to win anything until we mature. Our line-out was better than usual in that at least we caught it but we were under such great pressure we couldnt feed Lawson with secure ball. Patterson can f*** off back to Scotland as far as I`m concerned cos if he cant kick at goal he isnt worth having(he hasnt kicked well for Glaws all season).
Man of the match for me was Quinlan, his tackle rate was huge and he must have turned over so much of our ball it was unbelievable. On that form I cant see Munster not winning the HCup, the two centres have gien them a new dimension in attack with their strong running and some huge hits. The only down side for Munster is the two props, we all know about Haynes but Buckley although strong in the loose looks an even worse scrummager than Horan. As for Gloucester obviously the forwards are weak particularly the 2nd row, Bortolami looks a shadow of his former self and Brown needs a big enforcer type no4 with him to flourish.
Overall Munster could have won by more.

have to give a massive amount of credit to Munster who were so strong at the breakdown and every contact area apart from the scrum. [/b]
Yep. At one stage in the second half it was 12 - 1 on the turnover count. The Munster pack made a right mess of their Glouster counter parts. With that kind of ball coming back, its a wonder that Glouster managed to look reasonably creative at all.

Wow, after Ospreys being knocked out today, you'd have to say that Munster will win the tournament no question! (Unless Toulouse play extremely well today). You have to say that a lot of blame has to fall on Paterson; with such a superb kicking record he missed two sitters really and that knocked Gloucester's confidence unconscious. All credit to Munster though, both their tries were fantastic and O'Connell was absolutely magnificent.

Wow, after Ospreys being knocked out today, you'd have to say that Munster will win the tournament no question! (Unless Toulouse play extremely well today). You have to say that a lot of blame has to fall on Paterson; with such a superb kicking record he missed two sitters really and that knocked Gloucester's confidence unconscious. All credit to Munster though, both their tries were fantastic and O'Connell was absolutely magnificent.
[/b]

I don't see how you say otherwise even if the Ospreys had beaten Sarries. It still would have required a monumental effort from the Ospreys to beat Munster at the Millennium with I'd imagine 50000 fans at the very least cheering them on.

I'd still say the Ospreys could've beat them, especially when you consider their recent form. But now, only Toulouse can beat them and they have yet to spark.

I'd still say the Ospreys could've beat them, especially when you consider their recent form. But now, only Toulouse can beat them and they have yet to spark.
[/b]
The O`s couldnt even beat Sarries and Munster are a different proposition all together. Toulouse Munster should be the final(no disrespect to Sarries who were magnificent today).

Which is why I said "when you consider their recent form". Albeit, Munster looked like World-beaters yesterday. They would have nilled them if they didn't opt to kick for goal when a fightback would be impossible afterwards...

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
The O`s couldnt even beat Sarries and Munster are a different proposition all together. Toulouse Munster should be the final(no disrespect to Sarries who were magnificent today). [/b][/quote]

I agree about who the finalists should be, and it would be an awesome matchup. Given Sarries turnaround against the Os i wouldn't bet too strongly against them as they are well capable of beating anyone who doesn't play at their best (could easily be Munster).

Latest posts