Gloucester v Munster

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">
Gloucester.png
Gloucester v Munster
Munster.png
</div>

Well it's the tie of the round and would be certainly fitting of a final given some of the form these two teams showed in the pool stage.

For Munster there's nothing new in facing a tricky away quarter final, they've got the job done at Welford Road and the Jean Bouin so Kingsholm, while formidable certainly won't strike the fear of God into them. A pool game is one thing but a quarter final is a different beast.

Gloucester have been here before but this team still lacks the experience of regular knockout games so whether that'll stand against them, who knows.

Munster have the knack of producing at least one big performance away from home each year and we've yet to see it and with the pressure on they usually deliver so if Gloucester can overcome them on Saturday then the ***le is their's for the taking.

It certainly promises to be an intriguing battle.

I cannot wait for this match to kick off at 5.30pm - unfortunately I shall be at work :( Thankfully I'll be recording it and watch it when I get home, pretending it is live :D

It is going to be a battle all over the park, especially in the front-five and mid-field. Gloucester are a bit of a light weight pack and Munster should dominate, but the fight for dominance in the back-line will be tougher to call. Hopefully O'Gara will pull the strings and the rest of the backs will move into their grove.

Munster to win by less than 10.

Hopefully Gloucester will not improve on their recent form in the guiness premeirship.

Kidney has some very tough calls to make fo rthis one. I would go with

Horan
Flannery
Hayes
O'Callaghan
O'Driscoll
Quinlan
Wallace
Foley
O'Leary
O'Gara
Howlett
Mafi
Tipoki
Carney
Hurley

Replacements:
Sheehan
Buckley
O'Connell
Leamy
Niall Ronan/Donnacha Ryan/Shaun Payne/Ian Dowling (Depending on the kind of game we are planning to play)
Stringer
Warwick

Munster by less than 7

This is going to be probably the most interesting Quarter Final for me. Connacht pushed Munster on the weekend, but Munster got the win, while it was the opposite for Gloucester, Worcester pushed them, and deserved to beat them. But still, this is at Kingsholm, and should be big task for Munster. Can see Munster edging it, but that's more because the only time I've watched a whole (or most of) a Gloucester game was when Cardiff hammered them 40 - 10 in a pre season friendly and when the Ospreys beat them in the Pool Stages. But I know how much class and talent Munster have, as well as an awesome pack. Probably won't be able to see the match because I don't have Sky, but should be a really good game.

yeah id nearly be willing to put buckley in for horan on current form and theres no way you can leave leamy out... anywya for me quinlan is just a liability

I'd love to see Gloucester win this but they've not been in great form of late and I just can't look past Munster winning this.

Im gonna stick my neck out a say Gloucester to win by 10-15 points. I cant back this up Id just like it to happen. By the way, for all of you Munster fans did you realise that Gloucester have never lost to Munster at home and our home record is superior to anyone in the Premiership. I look forward to this game with a mixture of trepidation and misplaced excitement.

Im gonna stick my neck out a say Gloucester to win by 10-15 points. I cant back this up Id just like it to happen. By the way, for all of you Munster fans did you realise that Gloucester have never lost to Munster at home and our home record is superior to anyone in the Premiership. I look forward to this game with a mixture of trepidation and misplaced excitement.
[/b]

In fairness though there's a bit of a difference between playing a pool game and a quarter final. You can afford a slip up in the pool stages and that's always a danger with Munster whereas there's no second chance after Saturday. Although logic always goes out the window with these fixtures so you're probably right with your prediction.

for me quinlan is just a liability [/b]
Teah I raised my eyebrows at that one too. Then again hes one of those players you either like or dont like. Personally I've always been a fan.

If both teams were playing well I'd go for Munster, as form for both sides has been a bit up and down, I havent a clue.

Re: Quinlan
He will probably give away at least one stupid, unnecessary penalty during the course of the game. This is widely acknowledged even by many Munster fans. The only question is if the rest of his performance will make up for the penalties

Re: Quinlan
He will probably give away at least one stupid, unnecessary penalty during the course of the game. This is widely acknowledged even by many Munster fans. The only question is if the rest of his performance will make up for the penalties
[/b]

it is true that he he does give away some stupid penalties but hes still a good player

bad news for Gloucester that Akapusi Qera is ruled out as he has been outstanding and is probably the form 7 in the premiership. His replacement will be Andy Hazel, so not a bad replacement but we lose a excellent ball carrier. Mike Tindall is named on the bench and should see some action. Interesting to see how Simpson-Daniel goes in the centre tomorrow against two of the most aggressive centres in the HCup. I can see this game being an absolute classic with loads of tries and drama aplenty. Just hope its the right result for Glos. C`mon lads take it to em!!!!

Hopefully Gloucester will have low confidence after their loss against worcster
But it be extra motivation

Well I must admit I am shocked with the Munster lineup, I don't care much for Stringer but am still surprised to see him dropped, also I think it's a monumentally stupid thing that POC is captaining the side especially without Foley in the side, I know O'Gara has more leadership experience this year but I fear another Leicesteresque performance. No Foley is a puzzler for me, yes he's not the player he was but he still offers that nous and experience that is vital in these games. Seeing that team gives me a horrible feeling about tommorow.

Munster: Denis Hurley; D Howlett, R Tipoki, L Mafi, I Dowling; R O'Gara, T O'Leary; M Horan, J Flannery, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, P O'Connell (capt), A Quinlan, D Wallace, D Leamy.

Replacements: F Sheahan, T Buckley, M O'Driscoll, A Foley, P Stringer, P Warwick, K Lewis.

Happy with Hurley and O'Leary. Sad that Carney isn't up to it. Was hoping Ronan would be there or there abouts for the backrow - next season. Captain not a shock, more a surprise. Good selection.

Gloucester Rugby: O Morgan; C Paterson, J Simpson-Daniel, A Allen, L Vainikolo; R Lamb, R Lawson; N Wood, A ***terrell, C Nieto, M Bortolami (capt), A Brown, P Buxton, A Hazell, L Narraway.
Replacements: J Paul, A Dickinson, W James, G Delve, G Cooper, W Walker, M Tindall.

Great backline, but can't see the pack doing enough. Feeling very very sorry for Gloucester. Honk!

Latest posts