Club or Nation
Bristol
Plymouth Albion 41 - 27 Jersey
London Welsh 23 - 14 Bedford Blues
Nottingham 24 - 16 Leeds Carnegie
Ealing Trailfinders 13 - 44 London Scottish
Moseley 24 - 42 Rotherham ***ans
Bristol 21 - 23 Cornish Pirates

Good wins for Nottingham, Pirates (jammy gyets :p ) and London Welsh and a harsh welcome for Ealing

I really wanted to watch the double headers today on Sky but was away on family stuff all day so missed it. Was it good rugby? Did many turn out for it and do you think that it helped raise the profile of the league?

I enjoyed the two games, Pirates vs. Bristol was a very tense match. Albion really outclasses Jersey in the final 20.

I really wanted to watch the double headers today on Sky but was away on family stuff all day so missed it. Was it good rugby? Did many turn out for it and do you think that it helped raise the profile of the league?

Plymouth v Jersey was a good game with some good rugby played by both in difficult conditions. The Bristol game was, from my perspective, so frustrating. We made far too many errors with the ball on attack, and probably deserved to win if you consider the only time the Pasties threatened our line they scored a good try. The rest of the time we dominated the possession and territory. But a good close game of rugby between 2 good sides

The rugby was OK. More than abit frustrated with Bristol (should be used to it by now).

Overall though I thought the day was a bit flat. I think a 23rd game is a daft idea, but ignoring that the crowd was small. At 3752 (c. 1600 at Allianz Park and c. 1000 at Doncaster) it was fewer than there would have been at the Memorial Ground, or at Penzance, for Pirates v Bristol, and not many more than at Plymouth Albion. I'm sure that a few supporters went who wouldn't normally travel to away games, but basically it was four lots of away travellers and a sprinkling of Exeter Chiefs supporters. There was not much atmosphere. I sincerely hope they don't bother with another "Big Weekend of Rugby." There wasn't really anything to make me want to see it become a fixture of the season.

Latest posts