• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GTA:IV

20 days to go (in about 20 mins 19 days) for us in kiwi land anyway :)

soo looking forward to this soo much :)

i look forward to some deathmatch against Craig and GG also some Team Deathmatch with those two and any other TRFers for a "clan" type thing, will be OWESOME with a capital "O".

Also some of the other modes sound pretty cool. I wouldnt do the race one too often, but free roam sounds interesting. I wonder if there are cars and pedestrians and stuff around. I look forward to doing that, running around Liberty City checking out the fake New York.

I was just there a few weeks ago and i reackon it will be awesome to run around the game to see the places i have seen again, even if they have fake names like "Statue of Peace". Though i am looking forward to seeing Times Square and stuff again. Times Square was awesome.

And they have bought back the trains, i dont remember there being any trains that you could ride in 3 at all (or 2 for that matter)

Subway will be interesting if it is true that you can use it.

For anyone who wants the game fairly cheaper than the rest I suggest Amazon, I have got the Special Package deal for around £10 cheaper than that of play.com and game.co.uk!

And if you buy through Amazon by clicking on the TRF shop link, we get some money for the upkeep of the board as well! :D

And if you buy through Amazon by clicking on the TRF shop link, we get some money for the upkeep of the board as well! :D [/b]

Was going to mention that but forgot :p

I am getting the SE version for the same price as the non SE version. Thanks to Harvey Norman :)

yay not too long.

the greatest game to grace this earth is nigh
i have pre-ordered AU versionand importing NZ version for all the boobies and drugs, and blood, and the lot
once the kiwi knocks on my door
The AU version gets returned to EB
yes i am stinging for greatness

Been reading up on the multiplayer aspect, man these 2 weeks are going to take forever!

Apparently New Zealand is getting the same censored version as Australia :(

Apparently Aussies who have been ordering off GPstore are getting e-mails saying so. Can anyone confirm?

If true it absolutely sucks and is yet another reason to add to the never-ending list as to why Australians need to be eradicated.

Can 360 games from UK be played downunder?

If true it absolutely sucks and is yet another reason to add to the never-ending list as to why Australians need to be eradicated.
[/b]
I suspect a little bit of jealousy no? :D

It's true apparently, us Kiwis to get the hoary Aussie version, confirmed here. :ranting: :wall: :%#%#: :wah: :cryy:

Just get it via ebay like I got Europa Universalis III, I had to get the ******* from the UK coz bloody EB games said that they weren't even planning to get any in....

Man that sucks....

So whats the way around it? I want the full uncut version. However, a lot of games are region-locked... UK games won't play in Aussie consoles?

Man that sucks....

So whats the way around it? I want the full uncut version. However, a lot of games are region-locked... UK games won't play in Aussie consoles?
[/b]
Either get it on PC or hope that someone manages to release a patch that unlocks an uncut version eg. the Hot Coffee mod...I know that for Xbox 360's the security codes which attempt to stop piracy are arranged by difference regions eg. PAL Spain, PAL Australia, or whatever so I don't know about the PS3 but the 360 you won't be able to play any outside versions which means your absolutely screwed....

PC or bust....

I'd like to find out exactly what is cut for peace of mind.

Reports are that it was just a cutscene involving a weapon being inserted in the rear end of a character in the game.

if thats all thats cut out i am fine about that. as long as most of it is there and they didnt need it i can live with it.

if there is away around the protection thing as well i would go for that as well :p.

the games arnt region free are they? so they would have trouble importing them right?

I am going to see whats cut before I make the call to the UK â€" in the meantime confirms if EU PAL work here would be noted
As for the Kiwis getting the AUS version â€" its what happens when the world views you as our 9th state or territory…we may have our backward approach to classification, but we all know Take2 are taking the **** out of your country, by shipping you AUS stock