• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GTA:IV

D

dobrien7

This is for the undoubtedly countless times you've done something awesome or almost wet yourself laughing at GTA4 randomness. Share your moment(s) with us all. (Video would be great if possible)

Yours please...

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="170" height="380" id="tuner" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/wet/electrochoc/tuner.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /> <embed src="http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/wet/electrochoc/tuner.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" menu="false" width="170" height="380" name="tuner" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" ></embed></object>

Well one we had was first time online about hour and a half from game being released. Were playing Cops and Crooks and had been killed and respawned near the action. When walking across the road, all of a sudden due to lag, the cops car appeared right on top of us sending everything flying. Then when we ran away, noticed another crook trying to also run, but becuase of lag and being stuck against a car, kept taking a step then moving back, so looked like he was break dancing in broad daylight. May not seem that funny here but we were wetting ourselves...

Out of interest is there a replay option like in GTA SA?

havnt seen a reply function. and i have yet had a real go of online yet.

the story has got me really hooked. just got kicked off the tv as the flatties were complaining that they havnt had the lounge for the last couple of days :(

and what do they want to watch when i let them...
E!

bloody E!
playboy mansion and snoop dogs fatherhood, what a waste eh? i could be playign GTA right now lol

You own the TV, tell them you'll put a 14" in the lounge next week and take your plasma to your room if they don't play ball, lol!

Haha yeah woosaah....you take your plasma back into the room and give them what they deserve lol!

Well actually I know you are a considerate guy so I can't imagine you doing that at all...however as they say...good guys come last...cos somebody has to.

I have my PS3 in the lounge on the 42inch plassy....though I am not really fulltime on PS3 and EVERYONE here goes to bed before 11pm latest...actually they are in bed before 10.30pm the latest. So I know I am guaranteed my fix each night if I wait that long...though most times they go to bed earlier. I do have my tube 32 inch widescreen in my room if I REALLY wanted to play it 24/7...perhaps that is what you need to put in your room woosaah. A cheap tube widescreen. Doesn't beat the graphics of 1080p does it though...

Anyway my story for GTA: IV so far is that there was a copy left in the video store for it on opening day but I did not pick it up. I have to be honest and say that needless violence on innocents as the basis of a game does not really capture me. Yep...I am anti GTA lol!!!!!

dude, you dont need to do the violence on the innocent, just take it out on all the gangsters :) thats pretty much what i am doing, apart from the odd roadkill.

Thinkin of picking up a 25" lcd or something for the bedroom, though my gf would kill me for getting another tv lol :) and yeah i am too considerate to kick them out of the lounge all the time, and its probably unhealthy for me bing on it so often anyway. They will be moving out in the nxt 6 or so weeks so ill have a couple of months of alone time til my gf comes back from teh states :)

full time gaming then :)

Is the game any good? I've heard the good reviews, but don't know anybody who has it yet. And, out of interest (probably not ever going to get the game, as I've got a Wii and a PS2) do the police come after you if you run a red light or speed in view of a police car, like in the Driver series?
And, completely off topic, is San Andreas any good? Am trying to get it, but aren't 18 yet, so when I tried to buy a copy for £3, the bloke didn't look too happy (then again, he almost sold it to me...)

its been out for a week, and i am still loving it.

last night i decided to steal a helicopter and fly out to the statue of happiness. I heard of an easteregg out there so i tested it out. was pretty cool.

Thing... if you run a red light or speed by the police they dont chase you, they only chase you if you run into them, or they are around when you beat someone up, or they are around when you car jack, or if you carjack someone one of the "citizens" phones it into the police.

oh also if you shoot most of the time you get pinged for that as well. its an awesome game.

as for san andreas, its ok, but nowhere near as fun as this one :)

It's absolutely fantastic.
Seriously, the story and characters alone makes every GTA before it look primitive.

The cops arn't as anal as in the driver series, you can pretty much do anything right in front of them as long as it's not too dodgy (ie. hitting a pedestrian, crashing into a -cop- car, stuff like that).

All media violence studies and debates aside, I bought GTA3 with money I scrounged up myself when I was about 14, are they that vigilant about selling games to underaged children in Wales ?

which brings me to my next question, how are you ozzies doing ?
got the game yet ?, is it the toned down version or have you just imported ?

what I really -really- love about this game is the absolute detail they put in everything, it's the most -alive- gaming world I've ever seen, and the Euphoria physics are awesome too, getting launched through your windshield, jumping out of a car only to get crushed by it, even the little things like bumping into stuff and people, brilliantly done.

by the way, was it more expensive than usual for you guys too ?

On average a brand new 360 or PS3 game costs around R600 (about 79 US$, or 40 Pounds), this game though put me R730 out of pocket !

game normally costs around 120 bucks over here, and i got the special edition for that much so that was all good.

aparently the only thing we dont get is if we get a prostitute we dont have a bouncing car/simulated sex scene. no prob didnt they do that on gtaIII as well?

i dont feel its any more violent than a movie, apart from the fact that i am creating the violence.

am loving this with every play, just when i think i am done for the night - i am always saying - just 1 more, just 1 more, and i keep playing for hours.
rooted my first hooker last night - paid for it - then shot her, and got my money back and then some
my personal best was finding this family of 6 eating lunch outside in the backyard

i threw a nade over the picket fence, and it landed under the table

it defo lit up the barby

then ambo's came to save them - so i shot them too

Oh my god. I love this game. Just the little things... Like when you speed past a cop car he "warns" you with a flick of his siren... Smashing into a wall at 100 miles an hour with a passenger and you both go flying out the windscreen...
I shot someone through the windscreen, blood splattered inside, his head fell on the horn, and his foot fell on the accelerator, jamming me between his car and a wall...
Love it how when you steal a car, they grab onto the doorhandle and then get flung around as you drive off while they're hanging on for dear life...

The way that when you damage your car too much, he sits there trying to start 'er back up muttering "c'mon start... c'mon" while the engine struggles to turn over...

Amazing game..

...The way the city glistens off the water late at night... Hell, even the fact that you can see the whole city. It's beautiful.

The game is awesome, I tried my hardest to wait for Rock band but I couldn't I had to go to gamestation and trade in 4 games just to get it, and I am not dissapointed.

The graphics and scenery are amazing, the variety of music stations are awesome, and the storyline is keeping me going for the moment but after that I can just f*** about online so everybodies happy!

rooted my first hooker last night - paid for it - then shot her, and got my money back and then some
my personal best was finding this family of 6 eating lunch outside in the backyard

i threw a nade over the picket fence, and it landed under the table

it defo lit up the barby

then ambo's came to save them - so i shot them too[/b]
You... genuinely scare me.

I remember being in party mode last night with 3 other mates just messing about at the airport, and 2 of them died and returned back to that little spawny area without choppers so I insisted I picked them up in my chopper from my end.

Anyway, when I get there I spent the best part of 3 minutes trying to land this annihalator as I have a few troubles with its handling, but I was just about to land on the roof when the chopper decided to blow to the slightly and straight into the water.

Quite funny, and humiliating but hey, its GTA..so it was fun.

You guys are so lucky you can play this. I just cant afford a PS3. :( It is sooo expensive here. :( I know an xbox is cheaper, but no Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo or Metal Gear is enough to keep me from buyng it. Man, life sucks.

You guys are so lucky you can play this. I just cant afford a PS3. :( It is sooo expensive here. :( I know an xbox is cheaper, but no Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo or Metal Gear is enough to keep me from buyng it. Man, life sucks. [/b]

Gee are PS3's really that expensive over there? Surely you must have the cheaper 40G version that is not backwards compatible which has been made to target a cheaper group (like me)...or is this version only available in certain parts of the world? It is a good deal and has reduced the PS3 to almost the same price as the Xbox. It has blu ray which puts it ahead of Xbox with HD movies....who cares about backwards compatibility cos PS2 games are old hat....and if you don't like the 40G and would have prefered the 60G version...well just go and buy a bigger hard drive. CAIverson has a 120G hard drive installed in his. not that it matters cos 40G is fine for me by a long shot.