• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership News

Were you sat in the shotton paper stand (crappy uncovered one). I hate sitting in there, specially when it ****** it down. Luckily I am tier two of the opposite stand for the semi Final. Can't wait, although I have Stockport County to go to first, this weekend.

BM

What about taine randell fianlly retiring i didn't even know that he was still playing

Originally posted by Black-Monday@May 6 2006, 05:25 AM
Were you sat in the shotton paper stand (crappy uncovered one). I hate sitting in there, specially when it ****** it down. Luckily I am tier two of the opposite stand for the semi Final. Can't wait, although I have Stockport County to go to first, this weekend.

BM
Think it was the UPM stand, but yeah, it was the open one. Sat in the opposite one for the Powergen Cup Quarter Final last year, which was a lot nicer. There were far less kids needlessly shouting 'BATH SCUM!'

What has happened to the GP? A bucket-load of tries on the final weekend, 48 in total, an average of 8 per match! Hopefully this will continue through to the play-offs.

unlucky gloucester, but they have some real bright young ENGLISH talent, and guys like simpson daniel need to be given a stint in the england squad.

Originally posted by harrison2468@May 6 2006, 05:38 PM
What has happened to the GP? A bucket-load of tries on the final weekend, 48 in total, an average of 8 per match! Hopefully this will continue through to the play-offs.
Most of the matches didn't count for anything, so teams were free to play open running rugby without any worries.

Saints vs Sale was certainly a thriller.

Had Mark Robinson and Sean Lamont played from the beginning we could have scored 50 points and won comprehensively. Unfortunately we were landed with Jonny 'Why is he still here?' Howard, and John 'Can't pass so I'm off to rugby league' Rudd for 50 minutes.

Just shows how much the threat of relegation makes teams play conservatively rather than to their full potential.

Despite being a exciting SECOND half, I reckon we should from grabbed the win...the gobby cow in B block near us was the one who shouted during Bruce's conversions...she almost got kicked out aswell :p

Exactly what I was thinking, but he would be crap enough for league spose...

He made a nice thumping tackle on JR though :p

I am pretty sure I read he was going to league.

Anyways, now the final round of matches I sorta got my worst nightmare. Facing Wasps in the Semi Finals. Jammy gits will beat us now!

BM

If wasps win the GP, instead of Sale (who thoroughly deserve it) I will personally write a letter/e-mail of complaint to the GP website :p

Not that it would accomplish much... :huh:

Just send it 'London Wasps arse', 'Causeway Stadium'.

That should get it to the RFU, while it is good in someways as kind of negates having all the days without international. It sure does favour Wasps.

To be honest the RFU couldn't be more up Wasps arse, they let them play internationals after a 6N game. Always play on a sunday so they can get internationals. Create a crappy cup so Wasps can play more games, and have easy opponents (Welsh Regions) = More money for Wasps.

Then finally create this crappy playoff, so Wasps can get more money and still comes 4th!

Dallaglio better be playing, as he is sure to get grief at EP.

BM

Maybe the RFU should replace these play-offs with the 'proper' English cup then?

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@May 7 2006, 11:48 AM
Maybe the RFU should replace these play-offs with the 'proper' English cup then?
Mabye they should change it back to the way it was a few years back.

An all English KO Cup, and the winners of the league being the team who finishes top.

Wouldn't that be a novelty.

<_<

Carlos wins Saints Player of the Year award

Calosintrainingcrop.jpg

Fly-half Carlos Spencer collected the Northampton Saints’ Player of the Year award tonight following a landslide vote by supporters. New to this season, Spencer had obviously done enough to impress during his first nine months with the club as the votes came in from the website, match day ballot boxes and the Chronicle & Echo. Spencer left lock Damien Browne and co-captain Bruce Reihana in his wake in second and third places respectively.

Commenting on Spencer’s award, sponsored by Persimmon, and his first season at Saints, head coach Paul Grayson said: “Carlos fully deserves this award. He is one of the most talented players to have ever picked up a rugby ball but is also a hard worker who has started all but two games this season and has made a full contribution to the way this club wants to play rugby.â€

Other award winners of the night were Dylan Hartley and Sean Lamont.

Hartley won Young Player of the Year, sponsored by Hasmead, having recorded the highest number of first team appearances and winning the Grand Slam with the England U21s squad this season.

Academy director James Sinclair said: “Dylan has worked really hard this year and was rewarded for his efforts with his first team appearances. He has also added to his international honours with the England U21s and we were delighted that he helped them to a Grand Slam win in the Six Nations. Dylan has progressed up to the professional squad next season and we hope to see even better things from him in 2006/07.â€

Lamont’s fourth try against Saracens was voted as the Try of the Season, sponsored by Pro-cut International.

The event, sponsored by Corus Hotels, was attended by 500 guests and the entire first team squad. The master of ceremonies was Ian Robertson and the guest speaker was Lions and Ireland back-rower Fergus Slattery.

Northampton Saints head groundsman and former captain and coach David Powell was awarded Clubman of the Year, sponsored by Network New Media.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know when the league awards are?

What a great/boring game, yes they can be the same! We won but I was bored at some points in the game. Dallaglio was cack, he did nothing, literally. He never carried any ball, made any tackles or anything. All he did was roll about in rucks and be slow. Staunton didn't get the backs going but then they were all rubbish. Abbott creative, bah. I have to say my highlights of the game was Dallaglio getting dumped (what a good number 8 does) and when Bruno smashed that cocky twat Shaw. He really thinks he is a back.

SALE!! SALE!!! SALE!!!

SAAAAAYUUUULLLLL!!!!!

BM

Spreaders for Premiership final

White Heineken final
Tony Spreadbury has been appointed to referee the final of England's Premiership at Twickenham on 27 May 2006.

As already reported, Chris White, who refereed one of the semi-finals of the Premiership last week, will referee the Heineken Cup final this week.

Premiership Final

Sale Sharks vs Leicester Tigers
Referee: Tony Spreadbury
Touch judges: Chris White, Peter Huckle
Assessor: Brian Campsall
TMO/Timekeeper: Brian Abrahams, Geoff Warren

Heineken Cup Final

Biarritz Olympique vs Munster at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Referee: Chris White (England)
Touch judges: Dave Pearson, Tony Spreadbury (both England)
Television match official: Geoff Warren (England)

---------------------------------

Cue:- most of Manchester and Leicester sighing...

As long as the citing commissioner for the Heineken Cup Final isn't English as well. There might actually be some sense of order and discipline to the game.

Latest posts