Wasps 23 - 11 Saracens

Leicester 32 - 0 Northampton

Leeds 11 - 27 London Irish

Worcester 15 - 15 Gloucester

Bristol 19 - 16 Bath

4 Home wins, 1 Away Win and a Draw the week
21 Tries scored this weekend with 12 being converted
29 Penalties Scored and 3 Drop Goals

I get the Sky Sports News program on Fox Soccer Channel here in the US. Do they show highlights of Guinness Premiership games? I'd like to know if the show's worth sitting through every night seeing as how I don't care about cricket or soccer (football). I'm desperate to see some action from the Premiership somehow someway.

I'm not sure as I don't have Sky, but I doubt they have much rugby on it.

Get in!
<

Bath 9 - Northampton Saints 17

Great away result for the lads, really sounds like we decided to turn up this week, and deservedly picked up our first points of the new season.

Sounded like Bath should of won to be honest, the penalty count is atrocious and the missed kicks by Malone and Barcleycard was enough to send us about 10 points down with our 17 points aswell.

But that win should of lifted the team with plenty of confidence ready for newcastle next week, but there is still plenty to learn.

Well done Seamus, 75 metres is a massive distance to sprint for a try.

its good 2 see sarries have found their feet now and with farrell still out things can only get better,

surprised to see bristol top the table though
<

in case anyone else didn't already have access to Guinness Premiership games, i found a site that has free highlights: www.sportal.com. i still haven't found one that shows full-length games for free or $$.

Originally posted by lamas@Sep 15 2005, 07:05 PM
in case anyone else didn't already have access to Guinness Premiership games, i found a site that has free highlights: www.sportal.com. i still haven't found one that shows full-length games for free or $$.
Fantastic highlights, thanks for posting the link.

Originally posted by lamas@Sep 16 2005, 06:05 AM
Amazing. Thanks mate
<

Just got back from watching Saints fall at home to Newcastle.

Awful team performance, bar Lamont and Matty Lord, plus some flashes of brilliance from Spencer, but generally far too many mistakes and infringements.

However, referee Roy Maybank is the most imcompetant idiot I've seen in a while. Since last season anyway. He somehow managed to miss Newcastle infringements that were obvious from 50 yards away, and his touchjudges were no better.

Both sides took part in a poor game, but the officiating was a bad joke, and in the end it cost us any chance of winning the match.

Saints 9 - Newcastle 16

I heard the line-out was a bit of a shambles today, is that true?

Northampton's start has been poor but I'm sure it will pick up for you guys. You have to much class on paper, it just needs to be used correctly.

Still, gonna make a interesting European pool!
<

Originally posted by harrison2468@Sep 17 2005, 06:28 PM
I heard the line-out was a bit of a shambles today, is that true?

Northampton's start has been poor but I'm sure it will pick up for you guys. You have to much class on paper, it just needs to be used correctly.

Still, gonna make a interesting European pool!
<
The lineout occasionally went well, but at other times the throw went well clear of the jumper. This wasn't helped by Maybank's unusual interpretations of course. (For 'unusual', read 'bad')

I'm seriously doubting our cohesion again this season, we really need to pick it up, start scoring some tries, and get a few wins under our belt.

The most worrying thing...Bruce didn't play that well today...never want to have to say that again.
<

Didn't watch all of the match but from the bits I saw I'd be worried about the Saints' defence if I were a fan, the ease with which Newcastle were breaking tackles certainly has to be a concern for the coaching staff.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Sep 17 2005, 10:02 PM
Didn't watch all of the match but from the bits I saw I'd be worried about the Saints' defence if I were a fan, the ease with which Newcastle were breaking tackles certainly has to be a concern for the coaching staff.
From my POV it wasn't actually the tackling itself, but the defensive alignment. Our midfield didn't seem to know what it was doing half the time, and a quality player such as Noon was able to cut us to bits.

I'll say one thing for Maybank; He's a briliant Centre...Who saw the tackle he put in on Lamont at the end of the first half?

f***ing c***.

I will Post my Weekly Roundup after this afternoons games, with the same stats as has been done... Is there anything else people would like to see in my Weekly Roundup???

Latest posts