• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership Weekly Result Round Up

Did anyone see the Wuss v Bris game last night on Sky?

Worcester definitely deserved to win, they dominated possession, although a losing bonus point would have been handy for Bristol, but two things I learnt from watching the game.

1) I don't have Sky, but their commentators are smug dicks.

2) Mr.Rose had a "good" game last night. If so, I would hate to see him in a bad game. It didn't lose us the game, but the second yellow was an amazingly crap decision. We did get a bit of luck from him when their was a penalty for us when the ball went forward from our player's hands(knock-on, but their guy was infringing), but we scored form it.

I was very impressed with the Wuss forwards, their backs weren't that good, but Lima needs to go to centre, he is better at 13 IMO. Set Lemi up for a beauty at the end.

I'm not sure you can really say the ref was Worcester-biased. There were at least two things wrong with Al Abd's try which the touch judge should have seen. If Perry didn't knock the ball on, Salter was offside. Seeing as that got you back into the game, Bris should probably consider themselves lucky.

Quite funny to see Ronny Regan shout' Posts! Posts!' with that final penalty without asking Salter or Strange, neither of whom wanted it.

Lemi's try was class, though. How Lima got the ball out of three tackles is beyond me.

Spent the game counting the Bath rejects. Got to eight.

Originally posted by Boy@Nov 19 2005, 12:17 PM
I'm not sure you can really say the ref was Worcester-biased. There were at least two things wrong with Al Abd's try which the touch judge should have seen. If Perry didn't knock the ball on, Salter was offside. Seeing as that got you back into the game, Bris should probably consider themselves lucky.

Quite funny to see Ronny Regan shout' Posts! Posts!' with that final penalty without asking Salter or Strange, neither of whom wanted it.

Lemi's try was class, though. How Lima got the ball out of three tackles is beyond me.

Spent the game counting the Bath rejects. Got to eight.
I didn't think he was biased, just crap. It was a knock-on, but it was a penalty for infringing on the floor. They scored their tries though when we had 14 men, and the first was justified, but the second was a penalty at most. It is a physical game, and it wasn't intentional, so why a yellow? These two decisons in the end cancelled each other out.

Regan yesterday was a bit stupid, should have gone for closer range. Strange had been mssing the longer-range all night, and Drahm as well, so it wasn't that wise in hindsight. Ah well.

Bath rejects!
<
Remember to look at the league when you count next time.
<

Not debating how the league table is. It was eight counting both teams.

Bristol: Hilton, Regan, Crompton, Al Abd, Lewis, Cox
Worcester: Gillies, Gomarsall

Originally posted by Boy@Nov 20 2005, 03:36 PM
Not debating how the league table is. It was eight counting both teams.

Bristol: Hilton, Regan, Crompton, Al Abd, Lewis, Cox
Worcester: Gillies, Gomarsall
I was only joking!

Cox, Gillies and Gomarsall were the ones I didn't know about. I thank you for your rejects anyway, they have been very helpful so far.
<

We had Cox for 2-3 seasons. Gillies never really broke into the first team and went off to Richmond when Ben Clarke left. Gomarsall came on a three month loan deal when he couldn't get into the Wasps team, declared 'My future's at Bath,' didn't get offered a permanent deal and went to Gloucester.

Its pathetic really, next week is not going to be a repeat of last year, NO-WAY!
<

I have heard from fans who went that, they thought the fans down there where horrifying. There lack of respect towards Northampton was disgraceful.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 20 2005, 10:08 PM
I have heard from fans who went that, they thought the fans down there where horrifying. There lack of respect towards Northampton was disgraceful.
Not suprised they don't respect us if we play like a bunch of arsewipes.

True, but when you play a team that has supporters such as Arsenal or Man UTD...(typical glory hogs and big heads, no offence meant)...you have no chance, sure we didn't play well...but, when you act like a bunch of yobs after the opposition has just scored a goal (for instance) during Bruce's kicking duties....your going to lose.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Nov 20 2005, 10:18 PM
True, but when you play a team that has supporters such as Arsenal or Man UTD...(typical glory hogs and big heads, no offence meant)...you have no chance, sure we didn't play well...but, when you act like a bunch of yobs after the opposition has just scored a goal (for instance) during Bruce's kicking duties....your going to lose.
Meh, everyone knows Leeds are the worst supported and most hated club in the league.

Still doesn't excuse us not beating them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Still doesn't excuse us not beating them.[/b]

What does?

I feel ashamed to be honest it a way, if we want this club to be back up where it belongs, we have no chance if they don't start playing rugby, yes rugby.

Its either the first 20, last or somewhere during the interval that we actually play some good attacking rugby, but the 2 soft try's we conceded really said it all didn't it?

Latest posts