• Sale Sharks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wasps

• Worcester Warriors

• Total voters
Ah Mite....

You are correct that Glos did not with the championship last year, they were just top of the table. That was my mistake.

I do disagree with you though that Barkley won't make a difference. I think you'll see him starting ahead of Allen, because he will offer a left footed kicking option to ease some of the pressure off of Lamb, while also giving them a first choice goal-kicker, and a better ball handler than Allen, whom I also rate highly and see as a very talented prospect. Having Barkley in the starting 15 allows Glos to keep W. Walker on the bench while having a different goal-kicking option than Tindall or Lamb. Would actually be quite happy if Allen slid out and took Tindall's 13 jumper. Don't rate him anymore... think his best years are past him and that Allen has more to offer.

Sale'll be playing Leeds tomorrow in a pre-season friendly. Peel, Tait, McAlister et al will be playing; you've gotta feel sorry for Leeds. :bleh!:

Don't most people already feel sorry for Leeds?

But yeah, that's a fierce looking backline. Do you know if Sale are looking to play Tait at 13 or 15?

Don't most people already feel sorry for Leeds?

But yeah, that's a fierce looking backline. Do you know if Sale are looking to play Tait at 13 or 15?
[/b]
If my memory isn't as bad as I think it is, Tait is at 13 and Rory Lamont at 15.
And yes, people already feel sorry for Leeds... a lot.

From www.salesharks.com/index

Team: Rory Lamont, Mark Cueto, Mathew Tait, Luke McAlister, David Doherty, Charlie Hodgson, Dwayne Peel, Andrew Sheridan, Sebastien Bruno, Eifion Roberts, Sean Cox, Dean Schofield (Captain), Chris Jones, Luke Abraham, Carl Fearns

Replacements: Lionel Faure, Marc Jones, Michael Hills, Richard Wigglesworth, Nick McLeod, Nick Royle plus Four Players who are playing in the curtain raiser against Sedgley Tigers.

Oh yes, Leeds are going to die! :bana: Shame it's not televised, it would be an entertaining game. ¬.¬

So.. that will be one exciting attacking midfield at Sale...and a terribly vulnerable defensive mid-field though... Tait and McAlister are average at best...and Hodgson is the defensive phantom... but I suppose if you can score 40 points a match, who needs to tackle right. Just keep the ball.

<div class='quotemain'>
Tait and McAlister are average at best
[/b]
:huh:

As players, no.
As defenders, Tait, against strong runners, maybe...
[/b][/quote]

Hhehehe.. they are most certainly not average players...but as defenders...yes... I think they are. McAlister to me is a bit more reliable version of Carlos Spencer. He is a game breaker and a phenominal talent, but I don't think he is really too interested in defensive rugby. Tait I don't think is physically strong enough against power runner, as you said, and I think the constant shifting between 13, 15, and the wing has limited his defensive awareness at 13. Over the last year or two I've seen him lose his man a couple times and end up back-tracking to make his tackle, instead of at the gainline, but technically I think he is a decent tackler.

Hodgson.. the less said about his tackling the better.

Hhehehe.. they are most certainly not average players...but as defenders...yes... I think they are. McAlister to me is a bit more reliable version of Carlos Spencer. He is a game breaker and a phenominal talent, but I don't think he is really too interested in defensive rugby. Tait I don't think is physically strong enough against power runner, as you said, and I think the constant shifting between 13, 15, and the wing has limited his defensive awareness at 13. Over the last year or two I've seen him lose his man a couple times and end up back-tracking to make his tackle, instead of at the gainline, but technically I think he is a decent tackler.

Hodgson.. the less said about his tackling the better.
[/b]
Well, McAlister has his moments; driving Matt Stevens back 5 metres being one. I'll admit I haven't seen him look for contact (when Sale's games have been televised), but when he needs to make the tackle, he'll go for it. Tait might be encouraged by this....might. I don't know how sticking him at fullback to get trampled on will help him though...

Cuz I think his defence at 15 is better than his defence at 13 at the moment. He would be my pick for the England #15 jumper right now. I think his step, pace and passing skills make him the best attacking option we've had for the back of the park since Robinson. I think Brown and Lewsey are better defensively but Brown is too slow and Lewsey is too old.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Aug 12 2008, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm surprised so many people have voted for Sale to win. Are our fans really that <strike>correct?</strike> optimistic?[/b]

Some obviously are, I voted Wasps.

Right Who Voted Bath to be relegated...

There are two of you who have....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tin Head @ Aug 20 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
would like to see gloucester go all the way for once,
Either newcastle or worcester to go down in my opinion
hoping for worcester :p[/b]

You'd like to see Glos go all the way instead of Bris? Blasphemy! (though obviously not the ultimate crime of the universe = wishing Barf got there).

Bottom fight will be between us and the pigeons - don't know if you've been following what's happened with our ground but Bristol Rovers FC have shafted us good and proper, we haven't been able to recruit thanks to those bar-stewards. I can see Sale winning league, with Glos topping the table and choking in the play-offs.

Worcester should be fine this season, they have a pretty awesome back 3. Latham,Gear and Benjamin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Sep 6 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Worcester should be fine this season, they have a pretty awesome back 3. Latham,Gear and Benjamin.[/b]

Indeed they have and a very good pack too - we sadly have their forwards coach from a couple of seasons ago: Brain(less as he has also been known as)... I think last season demonstrated the damage he's done to the forwards that were probably the best in the GP a couple of years ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ Sep 6 2008, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Worcester should be fine this season, they have a pretty awesome back 3. Latham,Gear and Benjamin.[/b]

Latham who was past his best 3 years ago and only came to Cecil Duckworth PLC, Gear who's pretty much the same and Benjamin... Well, yeah, he's pretty good.

However! You miss the glaringly obvious problems of Rasmussen and Tuitupo in he centres, both of who's are seven shades of shites while Wuss have literally NO halfbacks!

They'll do well to scrape home ahead of Newcastle and Brizzle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 11 2008, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Saracens to be at the top by the beginning of December, then lose every game until April and then win just enough to get to seventh.[/b]

that happens most seasons :(.

Thought Latham was outstanding for Wuss today, agree with Mite on the rest...

You're having a laugh, right? Latham wasn't in the slightest bit interested with the ball in hand and only made him self useful for punting return balls away.

He's clearly only at Wuss on a pension and not joining them to help the team progress.

Latest posts