• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 12 2014/15: Round 2

Boooo.

Nasty Irish playing too many youngsters leaving the poor wee regions not able to compete. Not fair.

(and they also read the rool book too - sly bstarts)

Eh? :confused: where'd that come from? :p

Didn't see the game, was the Scarlets defence and sh*te as it was vs Ulster?

Good game, Scarlets not up to a lot and Fanning and Macken aren't up to scratch but a 30 point win is always good!

I met Ferg and Noel Reid after the match, Facebook profiler set for lyf! Unless I meet Ferg on his own and Taginator isn't there!

Last edited:
Good game, Scarlets not up to a lot and Fanning and Mackenzie aren't up to scratch but a 30 point win is always good!

I met Ferg and Noel Reid after the match, Facebook profiler set for lyf! Unless I meet Ferg on his own and Taginator isn't there!
I thought Fanning had a decent game. He's no world beater but makes himself busy. Today his willingness to involve himself in ruck clearouts was very impressive and certainly helped his team.

Well, on further reflection I stand by my Madz was insane comment. He was excellent. Heaslip had a good game, as did RK and I thought Mike McCarthy put in a good shift. Boss was poor again.

Well, on further reflection I stand by my Madz was insane comment. He was excellent. Heaslip had a good game, as did RK and I thought Mike McCarthy put in a good shift. Boss was poor again.

Madz was incredible, he didn't really set a foot wrong all day. McGrath should be our second choice 9 this season, Boss is far too slow and has been for 6 months now.

Agree Boss needs to be kept to a minimum this season, he's approaching Duncan Williams levels of bad. I really believe that Mads future is at 12 it just seems to suit him so much more and he tends to be more consistent there. I'd really hate to lose him if he wants to be a 10 though as I can't see him waiting with with Johnny coming back. Interesting that the provinces seem to be trending towards a 2nd 5/8 type 12 with Olding at Ulster and JJ at Munster. It's actually a system that I prefer TBH.

Adam Jones is back from the looks of it :D or at least promising signs - destroyed Glasgow on their own feed twice in a row.

Oh my god Lewis Jones you absolute idiot.

Well, Blues are still sh*te then. Handed Glasgow their first two with stupid stupid play, and just given up now. Glasgow should wrap up with a 4th any second now.

Last edited:
Adam Jones is back from the looks of it :D or at least promising signs - destroyed Glasgow on their own feed twice in a row.

Oh my god Lewis Jones you absolute idiot.

Well, Blues are still sh*te then. Handed Glasgow their first two with stupid stupid play, and just given up now. Glasgow should wrap up with a 4th any second now.

Calm down Thingimubob!! The pack were much improved again today against a team that are always pushing for top 4. The maul and scrum were particularly pleasing, as well as the line out. I am happy that an improvement has been made there for now. Vosawai was excellent today and Turnbull continues to look like a great singing.

However, I fear for our back line. The coaches keep changing the lineups and brining in new young players every game. Owen Jenkins last week, A. Thomas this week and it's all a bit of a mess. There was no bite in attack, despite the fact we had a strong platform for a lot of that game. The unforced errors and poor kicks through really hurt the Blues and everything was forced. Too many of the backs were running head on into contact without looking for or having any support. Cuthbert was guilty of this when he had support at times. Cardiff looked a bit shapeless at times and I am concerned considering we have Ulster next week.

Glasgow sat back and dictated the pace of the game nicely. I wouldn't say they were comfortable, but they absorbed mostly any attack Cardiff tried to run and slowed the game down considerably. They did well today and played a very smart and sensible game.

That's a serious Glasgow outfit. Early favourites.

Tough week for the Welsh sides. Two drubbings, although they're not likely to face that calibre of opposition every week.

Calm down Thingimubob!! The pack were much improved again today against a team that are always pushing for top 4. The maul and scrum were particularly pleasing, as well as the line out. I am happy that an improvement has been made there for now. Vosawai was excellent today and Turnbull continues to look like a great singing.

However, I fear for our back line. The coaches keep changing the lineups and brining in new young players every game. Owen Jenkins last week, A. Thomas this week and it's all a bit of a mess. There was no bite in attack, despite the fact we had a strong platform for a lot of that game. The unforced errors and poor kicks through really hurt the Blues and everything was forced. Too many of the backs were running head on into contact without looking for or having any support. Cuthbert was guilty of this when he had support at times. Cardiff looked a bit shapeless at times and I am concerned considering we have Ulster next week.

Glasgow sat back and dictated the pace of the game nicely. I wouldn't say they were comfortable, but they absorbed mostly any attack Cardiff tried to run and slowed the game down considerably. They did well today and played a very smart and sensible game.

There were improvements yeah, but Glasgow really didn't have to do much and they won easily. Not a promising sign at all, probably showing that "dark horses" tag to be a bit premature...

Anyway, Cuthbert was awful today! I lost count of how many times he ran away from his support and gave away a penalty, plus doing the same for Lamont's try.

Patchell was still pretty good, his kcoking out of hand and at goal was outstanding. Did make a few errors in defence plus the odd dodgy pass, but still another very promising display