TV: Sky
Ospreys.png
Versus%20Super.png
Cardiff.png

Sunday 12 October, 17:05
Liberty Stadium, Swansea, Wales
Ref: Leighton Hodges (WRU)
TV: S4C

Jackson's out with a concussion, Marshall's out with a rib injury, Allen's out with a shoulder injury, Cave's believed to be out with a case of dodgykiwithirteenitis, and I'll take a LBP now thanks.

Edinburgh might actually win a game this week while i think glasgow can potentially have they're first lost if they start the game the same way they did against treviso

They beat Ulster...

In fairness though we do have Strauss, McGrath, Kirchener and Reid back for this.

14 men, weakened side, playing like drains. I'd be more scared of them nearly beating the Ospreys...

We've a stronger tan expected team out. JJ starts and well we've a yummy back row. Hopefully we can beat a tough Scarlets team in preparation for next weekend.

15. Rob Kearney CAPTAIN
14. Zane Kirchner
13. Gordon D'Arcy
12. Noel Reid
11. Darragh Fanning
10. Ian Madigan
9. Isaac Boss
1. Jack McGrath
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Marty Moore
4. Mike McCarthy
5. Kane Douglas
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Josh van der Flier
8. Jack Conan

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Ed Byrne
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Devin Toner
20. Jamie Heaslip
21. Luke McGrath
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Mick McGrath

Strong team. Good to see the lads returning from injury. Would have liked Fanning to get a rest but ah well. Obviously would have been nice to see Luke McGrath start as well. Rhys Ruddock the elder statesman in that backrow at....23.

Ulster: Louis Ludik, Andrew Trimble, Jared Payne, Stuart McCloskey, Tommy Bowe, Ian Humphreys, Paul Marshall, Andrew Warwick, Rory Best (captain), Wiehahn Herbst, Alan O'Connor, Franco van der Merwe, Robbie Diack, Chris Henry, Nick Williams. Replacements: Rob Herring, Callum Black, Bronson Ross, Lewis Stevenson, Roger Wilson, Michael Heaney, Stuart Olding, Craig Gilroy.

It looks like we're starting to settle on a lineup with the Euro games in mind - including Payne at 13.

Ulster: Louis Ludik, Andrew Trimble, Jared Payne, Stuart McCloskey, Tommy Bowe, Ian Humphreys, Paul Marshall, Andrew Warwick, Rory Best (captain), Wiehahn Herbst, Alan O'Connor, Franco van der Merwe, Robbie Diack, Chris Henry, Nick Williams. Replacements: Rob Herring, Callum Black, Bronson Ross, Lewis Stevenson, Roger Wilson, Michael Heaney, Stuart Olding, Craig Gilroy.

It looks like we're starting to settle on a lineup with the Euro games in mind - including Payne at 13.

Not what I heard, but may be wrong.

Slightly annoying not to be playing the best centres for the big ones - all hail the hand of Uncle Joe - wonder what the story is with Olding.

You may well be more in the know than I am - that was just my observation.

It would seem to me to be stupid to completly drop Cave, Marshall etc for two games (including a big one against Glasgow) then bring them in cold for a big Euro game. As well as McCloskey played last week - I'd love Olding to get a start next week.

the edinburgh team to face Newport has been announced

15 Greig TONKS, 14 Dougie FIFE, 13 Sam BEARD, 12 Andries STRAUSS, 11 Tim VISSER, 10 Tom HEATHCOTE, 9 Sean KENNEDY, 1 Alasdair DICKINSON, 2 Ross FORD, 3 John ANDRESS, 4 Anton BRESLER, 5 Grant GILCHRIST, 6 Mike COMAN (Cptn), 7 Hamish WATSON, 8 Cornell DU PREEZ

Substitutes

16 James HILTERBRAND, 17 Allan DELL, 18 Willem NEL, 19 Ollie ATKINS, 20 Tomas LEONARDI, 21 Sam HIDALGO-CLYNE, 22 Phil BURLEIGH, 23 Jack CUTHBERT

i really do like the squad, im expecting an edinburgh win for tomorrow and really happy to see Dougie Fife back too.

You may well be more in the know than I am - that was just my observation.

It would seem to me to be stupid to completly drop Cave, Marshall etc for two games (including a big one against Glasgow) then bring them in cold for a big Euro game. As well as McCloskey played last week - I'd love Olding to get a start next week.

Completely agree it would be stupid!

The Ulster rumour mill keeps on spinning round and round and I've hardly half a clue what's happening now - but did hear someone say Cave would be back for Europe. Guess we'll find out in a week.

Feel really sorry for Cave. He's the best 13 in the squad and is being completly screwed over by the Payne at 13 experiment. His three starts this season have been against Zebre (twice) and the Blues. The two biggest games we've had this season so far, Scarlets away and Glasgow, he hasn't even been in the squad.

If he's looking to get anywhere in the AI's he's going to be seriously undercooked.

I reckon Cave should have moved to the Ospreys a few seasons ago like Bowe did. Win win situation, never been happy with Bishop at 13.

Latest posts