• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro14 - Round 9 two tribes go to war

This game is going about as bad as I expected for Connacht. That collision between McAllister and Coetzee didn't look great. Looked like a zero wrap at the least.
Love Trimby doing a universe crossover by calling Fitzgerald Sprout.

Last edited:
Ulster looked like a well oiled machine in their impressive 35-3 win over Connacht.

Benetton 36 Zebre 25, turned out to be an entertaining match. Benetton scored early and often before Zebre put up some fight.

A young scrumhalf with a total of two caps off the bench starting this game is... not ideal.

Ross Byrne is doing s good job of minding him so far.

Inviting trouble by saying this especially after last year's incident but Munster have been hopeless under the high ball so far. Nick's kicking has left a bit to be desired.

Edit: wind does seem brutal in fairness

Last edited:
Edinburgh won this season's rematch (1872 Cup) over Glasgow, 29-19 in Edinburgh. Great match, too bad the Warriors lost (but I'm biased).

Crap in the first half. Wind obviously not helping but game management and discipline has been bad with that in mind.

Inviting trouble by saying this especially after last year's incident but Munster have been hopeless under the high ball so far. Nick's kicking has left a bit to be desired.

Edit: wind does seem brutal in fairness
Kicking poor but if you stand here you'd know why.
Wind is arguably worth 10 points.
Leinster more physical and deserve lead.
Frank has been poor for both teams but wind is very strong and question will be can we get a platform as we had no attack for 35mins

Agreed O'D and Wycherley have been our standouts. Cloete a bit of his usual ridiculous to the sublime

Kicking poor but if you stand here you'd know why.
Wind is arguably worth 10 points.
Leinster more physical and deserve lead.
Frank has been poor for both teams but wind is very strong and question will be can we get a platform as we had no attack for 35mins
For us I think Fineen and Jacko playing well
Can't disagree with any of that, wind seems horrible. Decent performance the whole so far from Leinster, would struggle to pick a standout although I'd say Connors and Doris have been good. Wind may well be worth 10 points but that always comes down to how well it's managed by the teams, would argue Munster didn't do that particularly well in the first half.