• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guitar Hero > Rock Band

Does the noise of the drums annoy you?. I've heard people playing them on Youtube and they are really loud. I'm sure it is fun as hell though. I'm dying to play drums, can't wait till Xmas when I get World Tour.

yeah they are rather loud, i must admin. But its hella fun :)

especially trying to drum away while someone is singing, you cant help but sing alont (as long as you know the words as your to busy looking at the screen for when to hit that note)

its great fun. i love the drum solos as well.

damn i am going to get the drums out tonight (been using the guitar like crazy last few nights)

I have seen videos of the drum gameplay for GH:WT and where very dissapointing.

Not much variation, and notes where missing. On top of that, the animation doesn't link to the actual songs...they play the drums but not the right notes at the right time.

If I buy this game I will be using my rock band kit with it, sod buying activison's faulty periph's.

On the other hand, Rock Band 2 is out mid Nov, will definently get that.

Anyone who is currently playing rock band on XBL add me, I'll give you a game.

Gamertag: Spandex Booby

Ouch, ok i can't just let this argument go when Charles belittles the Beatles as something anyone could have done.
The Beatles were amazing. They started off with a sound that millions loved, millions adored it and bought it in their droves.
Talent #1: They made cracking singles.
They didn't just have a couple of hits and stick it on a poor album (see The Kinks or The Hollies).
Talent #2: They made amazing albums.
Constantly the albums - just like the singles reached number 1, broke records and filled the hunger that the public were looking for.
Talent #3: They progressed as musicians, whether through drugs or just general learning over the years...but the kept on making hits that loads of people love.
I accept that there are millions who don't like the Beatles there are also more fans in the world for this group than most any other artists (barr Elvis).
You can argue about musical ability and talent, but the likes of Hendrix and Coultrane just didn't have what it took to make number 1 after number 1 singles and albums. Whatever you argue for the likes of the previously mentioned artists (some of whom i love, some of whom i admit i've never heard) you can't deny that the beatles didn't do it brilliantly for the general public.

Overrated? The records would argue with that as would their millions of fans and you've not given us an example of who is better than the beatles.
Wairarapa Cullen gave Pink Floyd and The Who as bands that are better than The Beatles, but with this you've got to argue the definition "better".
You can talk about binary music all you want, but you know that when you start talking like that your argument becomes slightly esoteric and then of course means nothing to no-one. My mum wouldn accept if you told her that Beatles music is binary, but if then asked to listen to the likes of Hendrix she wouldn't be able to tell you here nor there what was going on.

To say that they're not "proper musicians" defies the definition of "musician" as stated by the oxford dictionary.
Now of course i'm putting up a fight because i like the beatles so much, but i really can't see where i'm going wrong when they wrote their own music, they sold millions of singles and albums, they hit number 1 30 times, was it?
I can't argue with a legendary status like that personally.

I should have just said that!
Wasting my time on an argument that i don't really care what other people think.
LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 7 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I should have just said that!
Wasting my time on an argument that i don't really care what other people think.
LOL.[/b]

Should have done, people dont appreciate real music :p

The sad, or good thing is, never again will we see a band like The Beatles. Practically everyone loved than, globally. From Britain, to the USA to Japan etc. etc. The mass hysteria was insane. That just couldn't happen today, music has subdivided into so many genres, styles etc. I believe most rock has stemed from what the Beatles did, afterwards alot of modern bands has stemed from the kinda stuff Nirvana did. I'd put the Beatles and Nirvana somewhere towards the top of the most imortant and influential bands ever.

I really should start listening to some 'older' bands again. Stuff like Deep Purple, Hendrix, Rolling Stones and especially Cream. All great bands that I don't hear so much now I live away from home (my mum's into everything like that, along with Meat Loaf, who I also like after growing up listening to :huh:). I love modern punk rock though, stuff like Our Lady Peace, Something Corporate, The Spill Canvas, Thousand Foot Krutch etc. etc.

This argument deserves to be moved to the Entertainment Forum? Thoughts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 8 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wasting my time on an argument that i don't really care what other people think.[/b]
This is the reason why I dont bother expressing much of an opinion on the Internet.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zonerunner @ Nov 8 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 8 2008, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wasting my time on an argument that i don't really care what other people think.[/b]
This is the reason why I dont bother expressing much of an opinion on the Internet.

[/b][/quote]

Yeah, it's bizzare. I had kind of an epiphany there and be honest, i've not argued whole heartedly ever since!

any one else had faulty drums with GH: World Tour? RedOctane reckon its "isolated" but everyone one I know has had problems with the drum kit.

Well I saw an opportunity that I couldn't pass up and managed to buy a used Rockband bundle and game plus Rockband 2 game brand new for less than the same price as Guitar Hero World Tour bundle.

Was also lucky to get a modded drum kit with thick mouse pads added to kill the noise and a real foot pedal modified to work with the game.

Played two songs on easy to try out the drums, so far so good, I am very unco though but will be playing alot more.

Only got it for the drums so everything else is a bonus.

Will give more impressions after playing some more.

But after two songs it seems like heaps of fun and my right quad will know all about it in the days to come.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 7 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ouch, ok i can't just let this argument go when Charles belittles the Beatles as something anyone could have done.
The Beatles were amazing. They started off with a sound that millions loved, millions adored it and bought it in their droves.
They didn't just have a couple of hits and stick it on a poor album (see The Kinks or The Hollies).
Constantly the albums - just like the singles reached number 1, broke records and filled the hunger that the public were looking for.
Talent #3: They progressed as musicians, whether through drugs or just general learning over the years...but the kept on making hits that loads of people love.
I accept that there are millions who don't like the Beatles there are also more fans in the world for this group than most any other artists (barr Elvis).
You can argue about musical ability and talent, but the likes of Hendrix and Coultrane just didn't have what it took to make number 1 after number 1 singles and albums. Whatever you argue for the likes of the previously mentioned artists (some of whom i love, some of whom i admit i've never heard) you can't deny that the beatles didn't do it brilliantly for the general public.

Overrated? The records would argue with that as would their millions of fans and you've not given us an example of who is better than the beatles.
Wairarapa Cullen gave Pink Floyd and The Who as bands that are better than The Beatles, but with this you've got to argue the definition "better".
You can talk about binary music all you want, but you know that when you start talking like that your argument becomes slightly esoteric and then of course means nothing to no-one. My mum wouldn accept if you told her that Beatles music is binary, but if then asked to listen to the likes of Hendrix she wouldn't be able to tell you here nor there what was going on.

To say that they're not "proper musicians" defies the definition of "musician" as stated by the oxford dictionary.
Now of course i'm putting up a fight because i like the beatles so much, but i really can't see where i'm going wrong when they wrote their own music, they sold millions of singles and albums, they hit number 1 30 times, was it?
I can't argue with a legendary status like that personally.[/b]

Public success does not equal quality. Your statement is laughable, to say the least...Ordinary people don t have what it takes to get brilliant music/film/litterature/art. That s it.

***anic made the most entries in the world and it is by no means the best film ever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 21 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Nov 7 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't argue with a legendary status like that personally.[/b]

Public success does not equal quality. Your statement is laughable, to say the least...Ordinary people don t have what it takes to get brilliant music/film/litterature/art. That s it.

***anic made the most entries in the world and it is by no means the best film ever.
[/b][/quote]
I might have to side with RC on this one...because....

Music of the past can be copied by other musicians and therefore improved on....the real mark of genius is to be able to stand out in your own generation.  For instance....heaps of guitarists today can play Jimmi Hendrix solos and then some.  However he was the only one doing them in his time.  Can these "imitators" create something totally out there that stands out in our generation where every other guitarist will not have a chance to even get close to playing it?  Any musician can tell you that the musicians of the past can be copied easily today.  

The Beatles music is easy to play for bands today.  Their songs can be redone by other artists where it sounds better.  Songs that are similar to their songs have been created using osme of their riffs and melodies.  However it was the Beatles alone who created their music during that time...no one else had thought of it.  They were pioneers of their generation...just like how every generation has pioneers in music.  Elvis was a pioneer in his generation, Michael Jackson had the world in his time, etc etc....all these musicians from the past can now be laughed at and their music seems simplistic compared to todays standards.  However because they were pioneers with what they did they were leading at the forefront because they had no one in front to follow....it was all new.

This is why the Beatles are great.  I do not listen at all to their work...I can't stand it as a modern day musician....but I am not naive to acknowledge that I probably would have been worshipping their musical greatness if I was born in that era with no knowledge of who Elvis, Jackson, Madonna, or any number of the musicians we have today.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Nov 21 2008, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
***anic made the most entries in the world and it is by no means the best film ever.[/b]

But as far as you're conncerned because it's had the most "entries" in the world ever it's also overhyped and utter shite, right? You know, because it uses a very popular, yet simple and successful formula: Boy meets girl, both fall in love, some hardship forces them apart, but they overcome it and stay together.
Hmmm...
Just because it's mainstream doesn't mean it's **** (referring to all forms of entertainment.)

I maintain your whole argument is laughable.
I say Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time, their hype is justified by their record breaking sales.
You say Beatles are overrated and shite just because you prefer the way other musicians play their music.

You need to get off your high horse. Your elitist attitude makes you come across as a fool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Nov 21 2008, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Beatles music is easy to play for bands today. Their songs can be redone by other artists where it sounds better.[/b]

Personally I've heard very few Beatles songs covered successfully. They very rarely sound as good as the original, and very often sound appalling in comparison.

Just wanted to add that the Beatles were pioneers in a number of less obvious ways. I think I've already mentioned the fact they were the first band to use guitar feedback as part of the music and as a positive thing, instead of something unwanted. They were also the first band to layer their voices in their recordings, in order to give it more depth. Something every artist nowerdays does.

I agree with Gay Guy on the whole I would have been a raving fan in the day. I still appreciate their music, but often when it comes up whilst on shuffle in the media player, I'll skip it. Just prefer modern music.

Also, lol @ Madonna!

Latest posts