• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Habana set for Province move

I would rather see him at the Stormers than overseas... Besides, now I will get to see Tonderai Chavhanga and Bryan Habana on the same team every week. COOL!

Gavin Rich wrote an interesting article about this a while ago, basically he said the same thing, he'd rather players move to other provinces than be lured out of the country by foreign money, I really hope Fourie also gets to play for province rather than leaving for the north.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Unbelievable, I thought Aussies were the only ones with no S14 loyalty.[/b]

you fail to realize that a rather large amount of players in the Currie Cup and Super 14 are actually from different provinces than the ones they are representing, just the amount of Western Province players that end up in the rest of the country is actually quite staggering, but this happens to other teams as well.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Aug 24 2009, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would rather see him at the Stormers than overseas... Besides, now I will get to see Tonderai Chavhanga and Bryan Habana on the same team every week. COOL![/b]

Chavanga is useless, WP rugby union should rather invest money in their own structures and try to keep their young players. Oh well good luck to Habana he's going to need it.

Who says Habana will play on the wing, I won't be the least bit surprised if Rassie & co let Habana play at center.Just imagine a center pairing of Habana and Fourie for next year's Super14 ^_^ .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Aug 25 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who says Habana will play on the wing, I won't be the least bit surprised if Rassie & co let Habana play at center.Just imagine a center pairing of Habana and Fourie for next year's Super14 ^_^ .[/b]
But it's far from a done deal that Fourie is going to the WP and who will play inside centre?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 24 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Bryan Habana has accepted a contact offer from Western Province and is now almost certain to move to the Western Cape next year.[/b]

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,1...5510198,00.html

Chasing the big bucks, you'll soon come to realise the mistake you made Habs.
[/b][/quote]

yes habana wil now be treated like luke watson when he play at loftes

But i think its great let us search for new talent. We have a few young guys ready to take on the pro rugby world

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 24 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Bryan Habana has accepted a contact offer from Western Province and is now almost certain to move to the Western Cape next year.[/b]

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,1...5510198,00.html

Chasing the big bucks, you'll soon come to realise the mistake you made Habs.
[/b][/quote]

But i think its great let us search for new talent. We have a few young guys ready to take on the pro rugby world

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Johan @ Aug 25 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But i think its great let us search for new talent. We have a few young guys ready to take on the pro rugby world[/b]

Wow, that's a bit inane isn't it ?
I know we're the mortal enemy, but you lot hardly went bananas when Matfield left to play for France, or when Bakkies wanted to go join him. ******* away the achievements Habana has made and help the bulls make just because you're a little peeved at his decision is hardly the way to treat a guy like him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Aug 25 2009, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who says Habana will play on the wing, I won't be the least bit surprised if Rassie & co let Habana play at center.Just imagine a center pairing of Habana and Fourie for next year's Super14 ^_^ .[/b]

i thought fourie had gone to clermont???

The thing is, the Lions are being quite stubborn about all of it, Fourie wants to go play for WP, but his contract says he can only stop playing for the lions before the end of next season if he wants to play over seas. So instead of letting him play for another province in SA they would rather allow him to go play for some french club somewhere, which I think is just silly.

I think Habana will do well at Province!

Especially with the running game which they like to play!

If Habana is chasing the big bucks good on him. It's the professional era and players will do what they feel is right for them. If anyone offered us more money to work most of us would take it, thats exactly what Habana has done.

Well, looks like Tonderai Chavhanga has signed a 2 year deal with the Lions. Meh, really wanted to see him and Habana play together. Oh well, the Lions need someone like him pretty bad if you ask me.

Latest posts