• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hartley cited

only farcical if he didnt do it

What's to say he didn't and it's one word against another? That's all what has been presented.

Hardly as if Ferris hasn't got a record of bleating to refs attempting to get opposition numbers binned.

****ing hell, 8 weeks for a bite with very dubious evidence, but Tulagi gets only 5 weeks for a series of punches on Ashton as they were provoked by a 'push'.

There really needs to be a reevaluation on ban lengths!

What I think is farcical is that, yet again, and England player gets a ban that conveniently allows them to be free for England again.

Any other player with Hartley's record would be out for 12+ weeks (any other player fullstop should be out for 12, as that's the bare minimum.)

Another example of farcical banning.

They must have proven Hartley actually bit Ferris, because otherwise they couldn't legally punish him. So I'll assume that much.

In light of that, Hartley should have got longer. Biting is unacceptable anyway and should come with a lengthy ban - but Hartley has previous. Personally I thought he'd grown up and was maturing into a half decent rugby player. But this shows he still had more growing up to do, and he deserves a punishment in line with that.

What's to say he didn't and it's one word against another? That's all what has been presented.

Hardly as if Ferris hasn't got a record of bleating to refs attempting to get opposition numbers binned.

comparing a record of reporting offences (as long as he dosnt lie) still a annoying habit but perfectly legal
hartley on the other hand who has a reputation for being a tad un-saintly eg past banning

so hardly a good time to bring up records on this occasion

comparing a record of reporting offences (as long as he dosnt lie) still a annoying habit but perfectly legal
hartley on the other hand who has a reputation for being a tad un-saintly eg past banning

so hardly a good time to bring up records on this occasion

How silly of me. So sorry... Wouldn't want to start that game...

How does that have any relevance to him moaning at referees?
I don't think Ferris has ever been banned for doing anything on a rugby pitch.

How does that have any relevance to him moaning at referees?
I don't think Ferris has ever been banned for doing anything on a rugby pitch.

Probably warded off the extreme "Thug" comments for at least 1 page however!

I would question what steven ferris's hand was doing where hartley could bite a finger, at the bottom of the ruck, with no control of most of his body, sounds suspiciosly like ferris was trying to eye gouge imo

I would question what steven ferris's hand was doing where hartley could bite a finger, at the bottom of the ruck, with no control of most of his body, sounds suspiciosly like ferris was trying to eye gouge imo

There's little enough evidence for the bite, claiming Ferris was gouging is quite a stretch.

The whole thing is a bit odd. From the evidence we've seen you can't possibly convict Hartley. If there's evidence that show's he does bite Ferris then should have gotten longer.

The whole process is farcical. Rumour has it Hartley is considering an appeal.

The part that ****** me of though it as a club fan, its saints who suffer rather then England. Apparently Rowntrees advice was along the lines of "keep stchum and you'll be okay for South Aftica".

As others have said... If he did bite, it's a long term ban. If he didn't, there should be no ban. WTF is banning him from the remainder of the club season going to accomplish (except perhaps showing that Blacett is in the same Masons lodge as several RFU old farts?)

Graham Rowntree revealed Dylan Hartley "might well soon" be made England captain in testimony which helped limit the Northampton hooker's biting ban to eight weeks.

Hartley, 26, was found guilty of biting the finger of Ireland flanker Stephen Ferris in England's 30-9 Six Nations win at Twickenham. The independent disciplinary panel ruled Hartley's reaction to finding Ferris' finger inadvertently in or near his mouth was "not justifiable" and banned him until 14 May.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/apr/01/england-captaincy-dylan-hartley

Graham Rowntree revealed Dylan Hartley "might well soon" be made England captain in testimony which helped limit the Northampton hooker's biting ban to eight weeks.

Hartley, 26, was found guilty of biting the finger of Ireland flanker Stephen Ferris in England's 30-9 Six Nations win at Twickenham. The independent disciplinary panel ruled Hartley's reaction to finding Ferris' finger inadvertently in or near his mouth was "not justifiable" and banned him until 14 May.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/apr/01/england-captaincy-dylan-hartley

that headline isn't quite what he said,

in short it was more like this from reading the article's quotes

he has changed since his ban in 2007 when he was "unpredictable and loose" and turned into a good leader and improved as a person and one of the most respected players in the squad

Latest posts