• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB calls this a partnership?

JesseM

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ireland
It is an absolute outrage that HB has offered no information on the "upcoming" ***le. Granted, they had given a few minor details such as unlockable game modes, but as avid rugby enthusiasts, us members of TRF should be at the very LEAST given a trailer or a gameplay preview of Rugby 2012. I find the release date less important, but an idea of how the game will be in action is vital to the "partnership" and support of the TRF members. HB has made a mockery of TRF, and I for one want answers.

lmao, how do they owe us anything, its a free website to subscribe to. The game is out in the Summer, no matter how much info we get its all going to be one sided from HB anyway

I'm pleased people are here to tell us what and how HB are doing for TRF. Saves the 3 of directors us the need for having regular meeting with them. Thanks for that.

It is an absolute outrage that HB has offered no information on the "upcoming" ***le. Granted, they had given a few minor details such as unlockable game modes, but as avid rugby enthusiasts, us members of TRF should be at the very LEAST given a trailer or a gameplay preview of Rugby 2012. I find the release date less important, but an idea of how the game will be in action is vital to the "partnership" and support of the TRF members. HB has made a mockery of TRF, and I for one want answers.

Hello

Has H.B nothing to offer us then just grass??? 1 screenshot of a player maybe?

One thing that makes me chuckle is when people say "Sidhe gave us screenshots" - when Sidhe said that those pics at the Super XV launch were rendered pictures and not in game, so aren't actually pictures from the game....

HB will be first to show gameplay I reckon.

Just hope we can get some details soon.

Don't let the admins and other members put you off JesseM, your opinion is just as valid as any other person on this forum regardless of post count.

To be honest the chance of HB actually releasing anything is very very low. Perhaps in July or August. I would just let it go for now. There is a rival game if you want to go check that out.

EDIT: Check the Reasons for Editing Below.

Last edited by a moderator:

That was an April Fools...

Calm down, put the keyboard back together. This whole debate has been had here already and the general consensus is just be patient. I have copied and pasted my post from that thread here for you (pay particular attention to the 3rd paragraph):

TBH I think it is a little bit rude saying that HB owe us something. As many of the mods have said there are so many things that go into the development of the game that it literally won't be as simple as releasing a screenshot because they will need the licensing to be water-tight first.

Lets look at the facts - a game is still being released at the time they said it would be. Have we been able to all have our say in what we feel should be implemented into the game? Yes I think so. It would be naive of us to think that the team would literally only use us as the main source for ideas for the game. In their opening interview with St Helens RLFC they stated their intention for us to suggest ideas and give feedback on the previous games - which we have been able to do. We are not part of their team. If anything we should actually be happy they are giving us updates because I don't know many other game developers that give such exclusive interviews to a forum. Also the opening poster talks about Mario over at the Sidhe forum, and though he does personally reply in the forum, how many of those posts actually give significant insight? Most of the time when he answers he says "more info will be released when it is possible" or similar which, correct me if im wrong, is what HB are doing?

And another thing; I haven't been on this blog in a while due to Uni workload but it seems there has been a massive influx of new members desperate to say what they want about the forthcoming game but it has descended into a little bit of chaos; I mean, 8 pages of threads. The mods did deliberately make some specific threads such as "Ruck/Maul improvement suggestions" with some excellent ideas within but they seem to have been lost in the clog of new threads which frankly could be a new post in an existing thread. I find it confusing looking through this sub-forum now after being away for a while so given HB don't come on too often they must find it even harder so if anything you're just all stifling the possibility of actual good ideas coming into fruition by making 10 threads of "How should the crowd sound?" or "Which players should be given 99 overall?".

Be patient. Im sure HB do look at our threads but take into account they have their own ideas as well.

Don't let the admins and other members put you off JesseM, your opinion is just as valid as any other person on this forum regardless of post count.

To be honest the chance of HB actually releasing anything is very very low. Perhaps in July or August. I would just let it go for now. There is a rival game if you want to go check that out.

Certainly not a valid point ...HB owe us nothing ... too many people here think that they are deserving of special attention ...go outside take a walk the sun is shining life is good ...and when people are able to give us information that we have done little or nothing to earn....so stop getting your knickers in a twist about something as superficial as a video game.

Grey and drizzling here :p

Well its a bit hit and miss here also but its been lovely for the last hour ...have to finish off a History, Geography and Ag Science project by thursday....probably shouldn't be online ....

we probably aren't owed information but it would be nice to have more updates now and then even if they are very small progressions to the game. i for one aren't that bothered but i understand what other people are feeling.

did ....did you just neg rep me ?.....I must go and rethink my life ...

The role of father John Murphy in the foundation of the "Wexford Republic" in the summer of 1798.

Oh, I know literally nothing about that, cept he was a priest. I've managed to forget nearly everything I knew about 1798.

Latest posts