• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios or Sidhe?? Predictions on best ***le??

Which ***le do you think will be better??

• Total voters
They look like they are not in game graphics, ie they are rendered video! You can't compare that RWC 2011 have released!

They look like they are not in game graphics, ie they are rendered video! You can't compare that RWC 2011 have released!

All of the screenshots released are realtime. None of them are prerendered (we don't have any prerendered video in the game at all).

3 of the shots are from realtime cutscenes (2 x Haka, and 1 x walk on sequence). The other 5 are taken during gameplay, though not from the usual gameplay camera angles.

However, very flattered that you think they were prerendered.

I did at first think they were prerenderd but the scrum and rucks why would they be prerendered, they look great keep wowing us:)

Sidhe.. At first i was very <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Skeptical at first due to your Previous RL games.. But honestly, the way you are marketing and conversing with the consumers is very very admirable.

Tick.

Also.. the info and new graphics released.. Just awesome... I still think Gameplay may be in HBs favor (for now) , BUT i cannot wait to play your game now.... Your game could be the new Benchmark in Next gen Rugby games... as was the EA Hb ***les for the PS2 consoles.

Awesome.

Im stunned...rugby challenge could be the next fifa...the screen showing the ruck looks realistic...gameplay footage? Lol

All of the screenshots released are realtime. None of them are prerendered (we don't have any prerendered video in the game at all).

3 of the shots are from realtime cutscenes (2 x Haka, and 1 x walk on sequence). The other 5 are taken during gameplay, though not from the usual gameplay camera angles.

However, very flattered that you think they were prerendered.

Cheers Mario, they look very impressive, are you able to see which console they were taken from?

Also would you be able to let us know you camera angles.

Looking forward to this battle to unfold...

the sidhe screenshots look absolutely phenominal and the fact that they are openly advertising a franchise mode and a lot of licenses makes their project seem pretty exciting. hb's screenshots do not look current gen by any stretch of the imagination but it's hard to tell until we see some actual gameplay

I think this just proves that if there is a place that a rugby game should have been made, it's New Zealand.

based on the screeshots of both games i dont see how anyone would pick hb. I looks horrible graphics wise almost like a N64 game, but like everyone else gameplay is important too but will have to wait for that verdict

My honest opinion is that if you take it on graphics, Sidhe appear at this stage to be streets ahead.

As for gameplay, the fluidity of passing, how good the control of the players feels to be, the general dynamics of the transitions of back play and general broken play into set-pieces, along with many other important aspects are all mysteries right now.

For all we know HB have nailed everything else down to the ground and Sidhe's game may be a beautiful mess. I'm really not saying that it is and I honestly hope right down to my bones that it plays as great as it looks. I'm just worried that we all may be cursing it with a mountain of early praise.

I have no problem at all with people saying "as of right now Sidhe are in the drivers seat and they'll have my money" etc. That's because they most certainly are. The problem is that they are in the driving seat based on something that may not make for the best game.

I'm not siding with HB or Sidhe for that matter, I want two awesome rugby games. I'll settle for one of them being awesome though.

I'm just not going to base my "FINAL OPINION" (as that seems how much the gun is being jumped), on screenshots or video alone. Either of these games could be the better one right down to the time you try them both out, or they've been tried by so many people that the weight of opinion crashes down on the side of one game in particular.

That time is not right now. Just my thoughts. :)

I agree. Guys, let's not forget that the biggest video game conference of the year is going on right now, and that HB and 505 are at that conference. There is every reason to believe that a bunch of information will becoming out, if not this week than in the near future. Granted, the RWC 2011 screenshots were massively underwhelming in my eyes, but it is only two screenshots. While my view has been jaded, I'll wait til some E3 action/gameplay videos to completely vilify HB. I suggest the rest of you take a step back and do the same

505s E3 stuff is behind closed doors, not a floor show - though I imagine they'll release some of it to the public

Sidhes is specifically to distributors etc. so I don't think we'll see any of that until they release it in general whenever they're planning to (as in, it won't be an E3 release, just a general one)

Latest posts