• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hec 2005/2006

i thin in wasps and stades group the table is wide open. with sides taking points of each other.

the ospreys were out muslced today by a classy clerment outfit, they look a different side with stephen pulling the strings.

how the groups now stand

Heineken Cup : Pool 1 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Sale 2 2 0 0 65 24 1 9
2 Munster 2 1 0 1 55 43 1 5
3 Castres 2 1 0 1 45 66 1 5
4 Newport-Gwent D'gons 2 0 0 2 35 67 1 1

Heineken Cup : Pool 2 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Perpignan 2 2 0 0 62 20 1 9
2 Cardiff 2 1 0 1 54 50 1 5
3 Leeds 2 1 0 1 46 56 1 5
4 Calvisano 2 0 0 2 22 58 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 3 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Leicester 2 1 0 1 63 35 2 6
2 Clermont Auvergne 2 1 0 1 57 71 1 5
3 Stade Francais 2 1 0 1 20 19 1 5
4 Ospreys 2 1 0 1 27 42 0 4

Heineken Cup : Pool 4 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Saracens 2 2 0 0 52 27 0 8
2 Biarritz 2 1 0 1 43 41 1 5
3 Ulster 2 1 0 1 46 33 1 5
4 Treviso 2 0 0 2 17 57 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 5 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Bath 2 2 0 0 61 31 1 9
2 Leinster 2 1 0 1 52 42 2 6
3 Bourgoin 2 1 0 1 28 42 0 4
4 Glasgow 2 0 0 2 23 49 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 6 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Toulouse 2 1 1 0 65 43 1 7
2 Edinburgh 2 1 0 1 45 46 1 5
3 Llanelli Scarlets 2 1 0 1 43 63 0 4
4 Wasps 2 0 1 1 46 47 1 3

That draw does Edinburgh's chances wonders. We were really unluck yesterday, 10 minutes of injury time...where the hell did it come from? But cause we didn't take our chances.... Well it's unlikley both Llanelli and Edinburgh would go through but it would be great. I think it depends on how Edinburgh fare against Toulouse in december and if we can get bonus points. I don't think we'll win in France or England but we might get bonus points there. First time in a while it's been great to be an Edinburgh fan!!

First sensible thing I've heard you say! It would make my chistmas if we beat Toulouse in December. Murrayfield it's becomming a tough place to play now, we've only lost once in 2005 there (I think, but certainly only once in the celtic league)

i think its only good for euro club rugby if the scottish clubs become competitve, i would certainly like to see a scottish club challenge for the celtic league come the end of the season.

I agree with you it will be good for European Rugby if it becomes more balanced, I'd like to see the Scots back and the Italian playing for the top of their pools.

i think we have a long wait for the italian teams to be more competitive, they show glimpses of it in some matches, but they lack quality in depth.

Also many of the french teams, especially Stade Francais, take the top Italian players - the Bergamascos, Parisse etc....

yes, its hard for quality italian players as the euro elite can afford much biiger wages than the likes of calvisano and treviso.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 11:34 PM
yes, its hard for quality italian players as the euro elite can afford much biiger wages than the likes of calvisano and treviso.
Despite how much they whore themselves out with a myriad different sponsors all over their kits!

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 31 2005, 10:33 AM
i think we have a long wait for the italian teams to be more competitive, they show glimpses of it in some matches, but they lack quality in depth.
Judging by Viadana, currently 2nd in the Italian league, it will be a VERY long time. They were abyssmal when Saints played them, had the players put any effort in we would have run up a cricket score with very little in reply.

Italy's domestic comp is far too weak at the moment, when Italian teams play in the HEC, the step up is too much for them. The bottom Italian teams would struggle in ND1, so until this is improved, they won't be extremely competitive in the HEC, although they are capable of the odd upset.

Just thought I'd share some extracts from Monday's Independent:

"More importantly, a third myth was exploded during the course of Saturday's thoroughly convincing four-try ravaging of a side good enough to have won six of their opening nine games in the French domestic championship: the one that paints Bath as a blacker than black, forward-obsessed, route-one bunch of rugger-thugs who possess neither the desire or the expertise to stretch their game beyond the bog-standard disciplines of scrum, line-out, ruck and maul. At the weekend, the 1998 champions produced some terrific stuff, and the fact that all four of their tries were scored by tight forwards did not detract one iota from their sense of adventure."

"The final try fell to Grewcock - a new, space-loving, side-stepping, ball-distributing Grewcock who looked every inch the international player everyone thought he no longer was when he bowed out of the Lions tour of New Zealand with another suspension on his record. This was the second time in a fortnight he had stampeded around the Rec like a world-beater. If there is a better second-row forward in England right now, he is playing behind closed doors."

I know most people won't care, but it's not often that we get to feel good about ourselves at The Rec.

Originally posted by robbinho@Oct 31 2005, 11:27 PM
Also many of the french teams, especially Stade Francais, take the top Italian players - the Bergamascos, Parisse etc....
Yes indeed, what I would expect first is to see the Azzuri showing a much better Rugby. Maybe next year with their new coach they may win more than one test match during the VI Nations tournament.

Scotland and England, slim chance against the Scots but not really as I think Hadden will do a decent job.

Berbizier too, after all he brought the France team to RWC1995 SF and were about to qualify for the Final. They defeated then England for the 3rd position. He had big issues with the then head of the FFR, Mr. Ferasse, but he's recognized for his coaching skills.

well the hec is back this weekend

im looking forward to the scarlets vs wasps
and tigers vs the ospreys

and off course jonah lomu.

Latest posts