• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hec 2005/2006

You should add to your list the Clermont - Stade Français match although I don't know if Stephen Jones will play.

Leinster taking on Bourgoin, can't see a repeat of last years narrow 85 point victory, would certainly take a 5 point victory. Looks like O'Kelly will be back for Leinster, conflicting reports over O'Driscoll, BBC say he'll be back for the Ulster game on Dec 26 while the Indo say he could be on the bench this week, can't see that happening but then maybe the return in Bourgoin the following weekend isn't too much of a pipedream. He certainly proved his worth in that fixture last year.

Right, based on Edinburgh's performance last Sunday against Glasgow we're in for a doing but if we can raise the standard we're capable of being shock troops again though I do doubt it. I think we can look for a good performance and a bonus point defeat or, at best, a very narrow victory. I'd rather see us concentrate on the League.

BOD was running plays with the backups at Leinster training yesterday. He could sub alright, he's back doing contact training.

Ulster vs saracens tonight on sky sports 2 one of the matches of the weekend, if sarries win we have one foot in the quarter finals, and if Ulster lose they can kiss european rugby goodbye

Originally posted by sarries fan@Dec 9 2005, 04:17 PM
Ulster vs saracens tonight on sky sports 2 one of the matches of the weekend, if sarries win we have one foot in the quarter finals, and if Ulster lose they can kiss european rugby goodbye
Wishful thinking, hardly any teams upset Ulster at home.

Although it would be nice to see Saracens in the q-f, it will take a huge effort from them.

well we lost anyway, but still wear the crown of being the last team in the Heineken cup to beat Ulster at Ravenhill and to beat tolouse in Tolouse for that fact

Ulster V Sarries was a horrible match, not helped by conditions. Jackson missed some absolute sitters. Got more than a little tired of Kieran Broken's relentless box-kicking.

When did Sarries beat Toulouse away? I know Bath did it around 2000/01.

Munster did it in 2000 as well.

Good win for Ulster, although the home record might just go against Biarritz, they seem to have developed a nack for winning tricky away games recently.

they beat Tolouse away in the 2001 season, when we were last in the heineken cup, it was also the time which we beat Ulster away we did the double on both teams aswell only downfall was being beaten by cariff twice which put us out of even best runners up spot by points difference

Serious result for Sale in Castres coming away with a 20-16 victory, all but guarantees them a quarter final place and pretty much puts Munster's hopes out the window.

Munster will need to dig deep big time and do something they've failed to do on the last 2 occasions and win in Castres, then they might have a chance with the runner-up spots provided they beat the Dragons today.

Jesus having listened to the Munster match on live95fm you'd swear Munster had won the feckin European Cup and the commentator's head was so far up David Wallace's and Ronan O'Gara's ass, you could almost hear the drool falling on the mic. I wonder is Eddie O'Sullivan watching this, every time Wally did something decent.

Good win for Munster but the bonus point was there for the taking so it's a chance missed in that regard.

Bonus point win for Bath puts them 8 points clear of Leinster and 10 clear of Bourgoin before their match tonight. Leinster really need a bonus point win to stay in the group.

Obviously too much to expect Bourgoin to actually put up any form of resistance. 27-0 to Leinster at the half.

Originally posted by Boy@Dec 10 2005, 06:11 PM
Obviously too much to expect Bourgoin to actually put up any form of resistance. 27-0 to Leinster at the half.
Wasn't that the team who Leinster absolutely destroyed 92-0, or something like that, last year?

Yeah but they still had a chance of qualifying going into this game, crucial for Leinster to get the bonus point, hopefully now Bourgoin will put out the reserves next week, not many teams win at Bourgoin, just look at their league record. Will still take a massive effort from Leinster to win over there despite their campaign being all but over.

Why do Bourgoin not take the HEC that seriously? They surely aren't that many points worse than Leinster!

They don't have the money to compete in 2 tournaments although if the coaches words were anything to go by this week it sounded like Bourgoin meant business this time round.

Their priority is the Top 14, qualifying for Europe gives them a big payday, hence why they wouldn't want to forfeit their place plus they don't have a sugardaddy backing them unless I'm mistaken.

If Bourgoin meant business today, you wouldn't have known in! Leinster absolutely destroyed them - they ran in other 50 point!

Coco

Latest posts