• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hec 2005/2006

saracens against treviso today should get a 5 point win hopefuly and its out of order that we are only on t.v 1 time in the group stage

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 29 2005, 11:50 AM
edingborough wiont beat llanelli by a bonus point thats just silly, llanelli if they play like they can play - they will beat the gunners by about 10 points at least.
The Gunners beat Wasps, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't beat the Scarlets convincingly if they play well.

Well they didn't: Scarlets 15 - 13 Edinburgh
<

We must have played bad tonight, Cause we're better than Llanelli - look at the Celtic League mate! We beat Wasps...will you? Naw probably not. Still, it's a bonus point and we're still ahead on points. We need something now from the Tolouse match at Murrayfield and then we just bum Llanelli at Murrayfield. We'll still finnish above you though.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 29 2005, 11:50 AM
edingborough wiont beat llanelli by a bonus point thats just silly, llanelli if they play like they can play - they will beat the gunners by about 10 points at least.
Quite possibly, the worst spelling of Edinburgh I've ever seen. Surley you should know how to spell Edinburgh, it's a capital city....tut tut. Did you opt out of school?

nah - im taking an a level in english - you cannot say the gunners are better than the scarlets because they are above them in the cl, the welsh regions aint really taking the cl seriously, we want out of the celtic league, we only went back there until we find something better.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 30 2005, 06:49 AM
nah - im taking an a level in english - you cannot say the gunners are better than the scarlets because they are above them in the cl, the welsh regions aint really taking the cl seriously, we want out of the celtic league, we only went back there until we find something better.
<
Garbage. The Celtic League was the quality of the GP when Ospreys won it last year, but now the Welsh regions are doing crap, it is nothing to them. You say that the English clubs not taking the PC seriously shows a lack of passion, where is your Celtic passion eh?

League standings don't matter Lora, true. Wales were above England in the 6N last year, but aren't a better team.
<

Also, what does taking an A-Level in English actually prove?

how the grouos currently stand;

Heineken Cup : Pool 1 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Sale 2 2 0 0 65 24 1 9
2 Munster 2 1 0 1 55 43 1 5
3 Castres 2 1 0 1 45 66 1 5
4 Newport-Gwent D'gons 2 0 0 2 35 67 1 1

Heineken Cup : Pool 2 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Perpignan 2 2 0 0 62 20 1 9
2 Cardiff 2 1 0 1 54 50 1 5
3 Leeds 2 1 0 1 46 56 1 5
4 Calvisano 2 0 0 2 22 58 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 3 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Leicester 2 1 0 1 63 35 2 6
2 Stade Francais 2 1 0 1 20 19 1 5
3 Ospreys 1 1 0 0 13 8 0 4
4 Clermont Auvergne 1 0 0 1 23 57 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 4 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Saracens 2 2 0 0 52 27 0 8
2 Biarritz 2 1 0 1 43 41 1 5
3 Ulster 2 1 0 1 46 33 1 5
4 Treviso 2 0 0 2 17 57 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 5 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Bath 2 2 0 0 61 31 1 9
2 Bourgoin 2 1 0 1 28 42 0 4
3 Leinster 1 0 0 1 19 22 1 1
4 Glasgow 1 0 0 1 3 16 0 0

Heineken Cup : Pool 6 Table
Team P W D L F A BP PTS
1 Toulouse 1 1 0 0 50 28 1 5
2 Edinburgh 2 1 0 1 45 46 1 5
3 Llanelli Scarlets 2 1 0 1 43 63 0 4
4 Wasps 1 0 0 1 31 32 1 1

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 29 2005, 07:49 PM
Actually, I can. League position are a measure of a teams progress over a year. So you mean to say that Connacht are just as good as Ulster? Jeeesh, admit Wales are pish at something.

ok i will as long as you admit scotland are awful all the time, even england are better than them, and england are scraping the barrow,

england will be lucky to beat samoa next month.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 30 2005, 12:02 AM
No they won't. Why do you insist of talking rubbish all the time? Samoa will fight hard, but they aren't going to turn over England at Twickenham.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 30 2005, 12:02 AM
ok i will as long as you admit scotland are awful all the time, even england are better than them, and england are scraping the barrow,

Jesus Christ you are the most aarogant prick I've ever heard off. Yes Scotland are playing poorly just now - but if we're pish all the time how come you've hardly beaten us at Murrayfield? The welsh club are in the middle of the Celtic League, meaning they are not exactly setting the heather on fire. I'm not exactly pro-english but I have no problem in recognising a better Rugby team and England are that. You only beat them by what...3 points? England will give Samoa a doing and Scotland should beat them aswell. If your going to talk piash, do it elsewhere.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Oct 30 2005, 12:15 PM
You only beat them by what...3 points? England will give Samoa a doing and Scotland should beat them aswell.
2 actually.

One eyed idiocy seems to be the norm in relation to some international rugby at the moment.

Ahh I thought it was 3, any...2 points is nothing, it's just a missed kick. I agree with saints fan, Loratadine please grow up. You'll get more respect if you admit that Wales aren't absolutley amazing.

2 points is something mate its the difference between winning and loosing, the fact remains - wales deserved to win the six nations as they played the best and most attractive brand of rugby, thats not being big headed its fact,

and i think people need to show samoa some respect they are a volcano waiting to erupt, they have so much talent that one of these days they are going to scalp someone, and it might be england

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 30 2005, 03:38 PM
2 points is something mate its the difference between winning and loosing, the fact remains - wales deserved to win the six nations as they played the best and most attractive brand of rugby, thats not being big headed its fact,

and i think people need to show samoa some respect they are a volcano waiting to erupt, they have so much talent that one of these days they are going to scalp someone, and it might be england
Nobody is disputing the fact that Wales deserved to win the 6N in the end, just trying to make you realise that they are far from the best side in international rugby.

As for Samoa scalping a team, I seem to remember that they have done just that to Wales. Twice if memory serves me correctly.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 31 2005, 02:41 AM
As for Samoa scalping a team, I seem to remember that they have done just that to Wales. Twice if memory serves me correctly.
Wasn't it at a World Cup aswell? Samoa are a good team, but just don't have the resources to beat bigger teams often any more. They have outstanding individuals, Lima is three times the centre Henson is, and Sitti is better than Owen. However, their players are spread out across the world, they don't have the financial resources of other nations, etc. so it will be a long time before they are up with the big guys, where they deserve to be.

Twickenham this year won't happen, and if it did, Samoa would be a better team than Wales, since Wales aren't going to win in London this year.
<

Anyway, back on topic,

Wasps 6 - Toulouse 7 at the mo.

Looks like Noves was bluffing when he put Jauzion and Pelous on the bench in the team line-up.
<

what a game, clerment 20 - ospreys 11 half time

stephen jones is having a corker, back to his best which is good for wales, not so good for the ospreys, nice to see shane williams pick up a try, im hoping we can pick up an away bp here.

London wasps 15-15 Tolouse

inspired come back from wasps but to be honest they shuld hav gon for the try at the end instead of the 3 points, this will probably spell the end of their heineken cup campaign

Latest posts