• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 1/4F - Munster v Toulouse

Wow, what was the Toulouse defence doing for that Zebo try?
There was a man in front of him and two drifting across yet he just ran a straight line over the try line - that was horrendous defence.

Yeah I was thinking ok Zebo is gona run into that space and step inside. Instead he just ran a straight line and uncharacteristically shook everyone off. Horrible defence.

I would just like to say I still think Toulouse can come bac.....oh it's over. OK...

That last Munster try was very nice...I concede with annoyance.

Wow, what was the Toulouse defence doing for that Zebo try?
There was a man in front of him and two drifting across yet he just ran a straight line over the try line - that was horrendous defence.

I thought that too.

Some humping. Uncool, Toulouse, uncool.

It could have been over 50 if a couple of kicks went over.

Enjoyable match for an Irish supporter but not so much for the French. Munster forwards were top notch and the Munster backs showed they could throw the ball around in similar Toulouse style. Stander deserved the MOTM but it could have gone to a selection of others. Toulouse showed glimpses of what they can do but they don't have a good enough structure/game plan. I've mentioned a while ago about Toulouse refreshing the coaching set up. Must be an option at this point.

I would just like to say I still think Toulouse can come bac.....oh it's over. OK...

That last Munster try was very nice...I concede with annoyance.

What happened to our team?

Clinical performance from Munster. CJ Stander and Dave Kilcoyne (sin binning notwithstanding) were outstanding.

Toulouse.....wow. How the mighty have fallen. They've a bunch of excellent players in their early 20s (Camara, Fickou, Tolofua, Maka, Galan, Doussain) so will come back but maybe, just maybe, they need a new voice in the changing room directing them. For all Guy Noves' great work down the years, it's hard to argue Toulouse have been on the slide since 2010.

What happened to our team?

not a big surprise. I didn't think Munster would drop 50, 40 seemed like a big enough punishment, but I dunno maybe this is a good wakeup call really more than just a 1/4F loss. Had we lost by just 5 and played that way, ppl would've said "Toulouse didn't play great but at least they came close to the exploit, winning on land that just does not concede defeats".

Glimpses. That's what you'll get out of Toulouse. Like France, they rarely get dominated everywhere the full 80min, but in those bad performances they'll expose their complete lack of consistency, and gameplan when all else isn't working or working enough. It was nice scoring a couple of pretty tries, but we can take those 23 points and shove em up our butts now and go home.

Munster have shown today yet again that a side who plays grindy Rugby has a huge advantage always, and especially in knock-out situations. Toulouse were constantly looking to score more of those tries they got, but they're not the All-Blacks and needed a go-to setup where they just needed to execute with aggression. What they attempted needed way too much quality and precision throughout an entire game, which they couldn't do today.

They had some good pieces for the breakdown (despite injuries), but even with Johnston for e.g. here today, they just didn't assert themselves with as much starving frenzy as the Irish side and it wouldn't have made a big difference.

And then there's a couple of tries maybe 3 (Zebo's in particular, and the one from Beauxis' turnover from a bad restart foot-to-hand kick to himself) that we absolutely never should've conceded. That Zebo thing, I could only go "wtfff ?????" It looked so weird. I thought the whistle had been blown or smt and he carried on playing, the weirdest thing from Toulouse.

Last edited:
It's nice to see the Munster boys putting their hands up after a low enough 6 nations representation. Dave Kilcoyne is doing his chances absolutely no harm and Keith Earls looks to be hitting some nice form too.

Conor Murray is developing into an outstanding scrum half.

Good win for Munster but Toulouse were a rabble. Munster didn't really have to play brilliant to win.

Toulouse's main problem is all the fatties in their team. They're slow to the breakdown and slow covering the defense.

Good to see the game of forwards is a long way from dead, the Munster pack showed why!!!! and Toulouse showed they did not turn up for the occaision!!!!!!!!!. For the moment Ireland 1 France 1, could it be 2.....2 by tomorrow evening. Sans les Rosbifs!!!!!!!!!

Good to see the game of forwards is a long way from dead, the Munster pack showed why!!!! and Toulouse showed they did not turn up for the occaision!!!!!!!!!. For the moment Ireland 1 France 1, could it be 2.....2 by tomorrow evening. Sans les Rosbifs!!!!!!!!!
agreed. And agreed.
Toulouse needs to make something clear: do you come to play, or do you come to PLAY. Ain't no point coming all the way over from down there if you're coming because just because you have to. Munster were engaged and involved with their hearts and souls into this. Can Toulouse say that much ?

Bam. Got ridiculed in Ireland. Boo hoo.

All I will say is YES. Great to see us do the job. Yes our defence was poor at times and we allowed 2 sloppy tries. But guys like Killer were superb and CJ finally showed everyone he has class. Amazingly some press said before he's no strength, no defence and can go missing in physical games.
As for Toulouse, they aren't what they used to be but still a dangerous side and should this be final game of HEC rugby ever played in Thomond Park I'm glad we got to see them

For what it worth here.
POM out for season will have surgery tomorrow or Thursday.
Laulala broke his hand but break didn't enter wrist bone so he'll be in plaster for 10 days. Will be fit for semi final.
D. Ryan will probably be back for semi final too

Latest posts