• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 1/4F - Munster v Toulouse

Toulouse in Munster:

View attachment 2779

Again, big hole not seeing our cherished Samoan tighthead there, but Montes can play ONE good game in his absence I'm sure. He's definitely not an enormous difference in terms of weight (120/128kg) and brings stability to the scrum anyways.

A few youngsters starting: Fickou, Tolofua at hooker and especially U20 player Camara on one flank. Nyanga will not play after all.........so that's both our starting flankers out along with Dusau.
Bummed not to see Yann David as replacement at least...his power at center would've brought great punch in the waning moments.

Oh, almost forgot: no McAllister in 10 either, Beauxis leading the attack. And Doussain on the bench, I'm guessing to add that punch like he has for France.
With a couple of open spots off the bench, it'll be a last second call-up. Maybe McAllister will be available after all.

When McAllister returns?

Toulouse in Munster:
He's definitely not an enormous difference in terms of weight (120/128kg)

What ?! :eek:
8 kgs in rugby is huge.

But the scrum is not the only place where he'll be missing, he can also gain a lot of meters unlike Montes who is a decent scrummager but not more. And anyways he'll play one jhour maybe, then...who ? Baille ?! A "junior" against Munster ?
McAllister coming back from injury and not starting (or off ?) is the biggest pain. Picamoles is there byt also was recently injured, Toulouse even at full strength would have had a hard time at Thomond Park - like any team BTW. But here I don't see how they could make it. McAllister is instrumental in Stade's performance.

What's Camara like? Toulouse look like they could be blunt at the breakdown...

Nyanga 2.0

not a bad description. Many think in deed he'll live to become a better player than Nyanga.
Right now he's fkn 19yo, so there's little comparison to be made...aaaaaalthough......he's taller, longer arms, bigger hands, as athletic or perhaps a tad more, and the best way to describe him briefly to me is "back-forward". If you're not paying attention too much, you'd think it's some back running in a try and then you look to check and it's Yacouba Camara.
He needs to put on a bit more weight (98kg for 1m93), obviously evolve a bit as a flanker and he'll be one heck of a weapon for France. He's already thinking about France (senior) lol. Son, you're 19 ffs.

P.S.: we still dunno for the last two slots. (almost) Literally a last minute decision.

Noves uses his crafty card and replaces Beauxis with Mc Alister, Nyanga is replaced by Poitrenaud, does this mean they are going to attack the Munster back????

[h=2]Changement de dernière minute à Toulouse: Luke McAlister évoluera bien à l'ouverture pour le quart de finale face au Munster. Lionel Beauxis, initialement prévu ***ulaire, glisse sur le banc de touche. Par ailleurs, le troisième ligne Yannick Nyanga ne prendra pas part à la rencontre. Il est remplacé par Clément Poitrenaud sur le banc.[/h]

lol everybody's calling this some typical Novès work. "The wizard at work" I read in the comments :p

I wasn't particularly bummed with Beauxis at FH but obviously our first choice there is better. Let's hope he's on form, his return from that huge injury was so recent...
Too bad for Nyanga, but Poitrenaud is good news.

know anywhere where i can watch the match as in a live stream ?

Thank tha LAWD. My internet hasn't been working for hours which meant no stream! All good now and ever gooder to see Munster are in the lead!

All good now and ever gooder to see Munster are in the lead!
More than that: Munster are dominating every aspect of this game.
They could easily have an extra try or two but for a poor pass here and a wrong decision there.

Toulouse are so focused and articulate and magnificent to watch atm

More than that: Munster are dominating every aspect of this game.
They could easily have an extra try or two but for a poor pass here and a wrong decision there.

Thanks. The dominance was clear even in the first couple minutes of watching. Everything seems to be going Munster's way, the crowd seems to be going mental and the commentators are gushing over Munster as well. Although Toulouse are now coming back into it after these last couple of kicks. Really don't want Toulouse getting their tails back up.

Latest posts