• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Final: Ulster vs. Leinster - 19/05/2012

Leinster are the best team in Europe.....no question!..........Leinster were my tip at the outset.......Any one can beat any one on the day................My head says Leinster........ (even if my heart wants it to to be Ulster!!)

Devin Toner 6'7" :lol: Look at him! Look at his gangly stick body towering over Leo Cullen and everyone else. Srsly, 6'10". If they're lying about his height they've revising it downwards.

Log - I can't argue with any of that, save that I do think the belief is there. Just not the strength. Seriously not the strength. The coaching and bench thing is... well, yeah.

ahh ya stand corrected 6 10 the official height:eek:, dnt know y i put down 6,7,

In the John Delaney accent:
"Dear ERC, Munster were screwed by Mr Poite in QF and we think we deserve spot in final so can we have like 3 teams in the final like a special dispensation"

:D

Psh, only finalists allowed in here. G'wan away with that ;)

Munster screwed themselves, it was essentially public ************.

No we should be the 3rd team in the final, We can bring our own posts and balls :p

Traditionally speaking, Ulster and Leinster have been bigger rivals. This has been a bit distorted though, due to Munster's success over the past 10 years. Let's hope we can start setting that right, eh? ;)

I was wondering why is there a "Great big Munster Thread" but no "Great big Ulster/Leinster Thread" on TRF?? is it because winning teams' fans have less to say and more to watch?

I was wondering why is there a "Great big Munster Thread" but no "Great big Ulster/Leinster Thread" on TRF?? is it because winning teams' fans have less to say and more to watch?

As far as I'm aware there is a Leinster thread. I guess we're so newsworthy though that each Leinster story demands it's own thread :D

There is a Leinster thread and regards Munster thread it was set up by Snoop a Leinster man and there more comment from Leinster fans than Munster on topics more away from Senior team as opposed to on it.
Like the A team, academies or schools

There is a Leinster thread and regards Munster thread it was set up by Snoop a Leinster man and there more comment from Leinster fans than Munster on topics more away from Senior team as opposed to on it.
Like the A team, academies or schools

Ah okay, so it's nothing important going on there at Munster... Good to know, thanx.

Where the heck is the Connacht thread!!!!

Edit: I'll never forget me and my Dad watching a Connacht vs. Aironi game on TV from Galway, and my Dad piped up and was like "Are those paying fans or are they just guys waiting for the local public transit and decided to watch the game while waiting for the ride home...come on lads give em a cheer their trying hard....."

Last edited:
My tickets arrived today, south upper, U46, row N....... Anyone else around there?

Joe Schmidt drops Wayne Barnes for crucial Cup-Final derby match

Match_officials_Heineken_rdax_560x339.jpg

Joe Schmidt has controversially dropped talismanic referee Wayne Barnes from Leinsters's starting 16 for the Heineken Cup Final clash with Ulster, and will instead hand a start to Nigel Owens.

Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Barnes would line up for the cup-favourites, but news has now surfaced that Schmidt is to take a gamble on Owens.

Owens, who has only made 3 starts for Leinster this season, is a surprise selection by Schmidt, given Barnes' ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.

"Barnsey has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion," revealed Schmidt.

"I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time."

Irish Derby

The news of Owens' inclusion has left Leinster fans miffed given Schmidt's criticism of his performance in a near-defeat to Scarlets in February.

"It doesn't make any sense not to include Barnes," said avid fan Guinness Fitzpotato (ne Barry Jones), who has lived in Cardiff all his life and whose only connection with Ireland is that he once voted for Jedward on the X-factor.

"In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Wayno pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a 15 point lead."

"I hope that Schmidt has seen something in Owens in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion."

"If Ulster have still got fifteen men on the pitch at half-time then I'll be singing WanyetheB's name."

"I'll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am."

TBH, Barnsey was very good for us in the first half, but seemed to go walk about when he really needed to front up for us. The Northampton phenomenon I call it.

Latest posts