• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HES announces Rugby League Live for PS3/360

I played BB quite a lot with the new patch (more than without) - it's a fun game, but the single players gets old quickly, and there's no online (i've not once played online, it just can't find anyone to play against)

I don't think I'm going to be playing anything for a while, my controller is a bit broken. :(

quite gutted now that the game is out in November over here in the UK :( :( And looked at importing and it could be extremely expensive; looking at around 60/70 quid (not sure if its gonna be worth that, even if there isn't another rugby game on ps3/360). HES have really F!!k!d up here, all over the dollar being stronger than Pound, they are gonna lose loads of custom of cause of this, especially because of the "big name" games coming out then :D :D ah well, hopefully i can get my dad (who works abroad) to get me a copy somehow and send it over! :p

From all prelim reports of in store playing it's sounds like a pretty decent game

I am very excited about this, but part of me is sceptical of whether the source of such positive information is legit,
<O:p
I guess time will tell, and the UK folk on TRF can wait for more information once the game is released down here, and even see more videos etc – it can work as a good indicator of even purchasing it, it can make or break the sales in the UK, because of it turns out crap, it will spell a deadest slop in the UK
I wouldn't import just yet, but if this game turns out a gem, I wouldn't hesitate to spend that extra cash to get it early.
I wouldn't mind more info however – 2 weeks from release, no previews, no nothing, just a 58 sec vid of defense and the media announcement of the game actually in development. – What a debacle

I know theres a few people over on the sidhe forums that have already played a "pre release" (i think thats the right term) of the game, and they are answering questions. It actually sounds quite solid, making me wanna import it, but i'll wait to read some reviews and watch some more gameplay vids to make my decision. Actually looks promicing tho :p
also sorry if i'm not meant to post about other forums, not sure if i'm allowed or not :S (sorry in advance).

Radman – how will you have it in a few days – u getting an early release?

The NZ release is the 27th, so hopefully will have it sooner due to contacts. No biggie if I don't though.

But hopefully if I can, I will make some vids to show as many features as possible regardless of how good it is.

Still got flatline expectations...gotta go in low and hopefully be surprised.

Last edited:
The NZ release is the 27th, so hopefully will have it sooner due to contacts. No biggie if I don't though.

But hopefully if I can, I will make some vids to show as many features as possible regardless of how good it is.

Still got flatline expectations...gotta go in low and hopefully be surprised.

If it is a really "solid" ***le as in fun, enjoyable can you still say its poor so we don't get too jealous??? but still provide vids etc :p :p hahaha
its gutting its taking so long to get over to UK.... Damn you GB pound!!

If it is a really "solid" ***le as in fun, enjoyable can you still say its poor so we don't get too jealous??? but still provide vids etc :p :p hahaha
its gutting its taking so long to get over to UK.... Damn you GB pound!!

It is pretty good for us getting stuff from over there, I bought International Cricket for $60 nz and sold it for $100 after I platted it.:)

It is pretty good for us getting stuff from over there, I bought International Cricket for $60 nz and sold it for $100 after I platted it.:)

Apparently thats the reason why they are releasing it late over in the UK. The dollar is a lot stronger than the pound atm. i mean get a grip like.... it sucks we gotta wait 2months longer cause of the strength of our currency :( :(
I'm probz gonna buy madden 11 and FIFA 11 now along with the Lucha Libre wrestling game. and hope my dad will send me a copy over when he gets back to the middle east (he'll find a way of getting one :p ). :D
anyways, hope u guys down under enjoy the game for the 2 months before us :( :(

Im tempted to ask a kind folk of the SH to send me a copy if I wire them the cash!

I have some new info, courtesy of Radman, who has obtained a copy early! He is playing it now, what I've been able to ascertain is that it's extremely good news.

Firstly, players are much, much more responsive than they've ever been.
The game is fast.
The attack and defensive capabilities of the AI are at the least very good.
The game is playing fluidly and realistically, so far.

Unsure of:
Difficulty level he's playing at.
How much this is new game excitement.

All of this from a man who was prepared to go in with ground level expectations. From his responses so far, it seems like his expectations have not just slightly, but been massively exceeded. He's been rating it between 8.5 and 9.5 out of 10 so far! That could still place the game within the realms of 6-8 out of 10 though, if it's analysed more closely over time and more faults could be found.

Sounds positive so far, but Radman has only played a few games.

I had the same feelings about RL2 when I first played it on seasoned difficulty. Only time will tell if it holds up on the
hardest difficulties. Looking forward to finding out for myself soon.

I have some new info, courtesy of Radman, who has obtained a copy early! He is playing it now, what I've been able to ascertain is that it's extremely good news.

Firstly, players are much, much more responsive than they've ever been.
The game is fast.
The attack and defensive capabilities of the AI are at the least very good.
The game is playing fluidly and realistically, so far.

Unsure of:
Difficulty level he's playing at.
How much this is new game excitement.

All of this from a man who was prepared to go in with ground level expectations. From his responses so far, it seems like his expectations have not just slightly, but been massively exceeded. He's been rating it between 8.5 and 9.5 out of 10 so far! That could still place the game within the realms of 6-8 out of 10 though, if it's analysed more closely over time and more faults could be found.

New game excitement for sure, espescially being a Rugby League game makes it worse.

I probably should just keep a level head and not wind people up too much because as we all know we all have different ideas of what is good and what isn't in a game.

All I'll say is I do like the game more than I thought I would.

New game excitement for sure, espescially being a Rugby League game makes it worse.

I probably should just keep a level head and not wind people up too much because as we all know we all have different ideas of what is good and what isn't in a game.

All I'll say is I do like the game more than I thought I would.

After seeing your gameplay video (in which at one point you can see me send you a message, lol), I'm fairly sure that this is an improvement, no doubt on the best game so far, RL1. I'm really only guessing, but it seems to be enough better than the rest that it'll definitely be worth a purchase, but for what amount? That'll vary depending on how big a RL fan you are.

After seeing your gameplay video (in which at one point you can see me send you a message, lol), I'm fairly sure that this is an improvement, no doubt on the best game so far, RL1. I'm really only guessing, but it seems to be enough better than the rest that it'll definitely be worth a purchase, but for what amount? That'll vary depending on how big a RL fan you are.

Rugby League 2 looked good if you watched a video of it.... but it played like a lame dog! :( I hope this isn't the case with this game.

Rugby League 2 looked good if you watched a video of it.... but it played like a lame dog! :( I hope this isn't the case with this game.

Totally agree, videos aren't everything, but I'm just speculating at the moment. I will say though that I'm melding the feedback of more than just radman with the video to venture my speculation, so I'm hoping when that's taken into account I'm not too many miles from the mark.

It's ridiculous for me to rate without having played, but hey why not, lol. Taking all I'm hearing and seeing and mixing them together, this is sounding like a solid 7/10 game, which is miles better than the 3 I'd of given Rugby League 2 and marginally better than the 6 out of 10 I'd of given Rugby League 1.

just give it to me already! damn aussie retailers are being douchebags

Same here, but that'll be corrected after lunchtime tomorrow.

One negative I'm hearing is that the play-the-ball animation is still slowish, which is a little frustrating and that your own AI seems to only run straight support lines up the field which can lead to repetitive attacks.